NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   prayers for husband and young friend (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/54807-prayers-husband-friend.html)

sassy 09-23-2008 08:41 AM

prayers for husband and young friend

My husband has some nodules under his arm and I finally talked him into going to the doctor. She is sending him for ultra sound of "axillary nodules and breast" on Thursday. She is thinking it is nothing but better safe than sorry. If it doesn't show anything they will treat with antibiotics. I am so thankful that he went to doctor because he is the kind that just likes to think if you don't do anything then you won't know if anything bad is going on.

And I got a call that my young friend with MS is back in the hospital. Some of you may recall Catina, she has been struck hard with MS and now is back in hospital with pressure sores again. She has been in a rest home twice but hates it there. I honestly don't know what is best for her, a short life at home because she doesn't get the proper care or a long life in a rest home that will rotate her so she doesn't get pressure sores. I just pray for the best for HER. this damn disease needs a cure.

Thanks for listening.

weegot5kiz 09-23-2008 08:49 AM

you and your Hubby are deep in Deborahs and my prayers Sas, and praying for your friend, sassy hope the report will be something minor and easy to tend to:hug:

ewizabeth 09-23-2008 08:58 AM

Saying a prayer for your DH and friend Catina... :hug:

soxmom 09-23-2008 08:59 AM

prayers on the way for your loved ones Sassy.:hug:

Vonn07 09-23-2008 09:25 AM

prayers for healing and healthy results coming across the 'pond' (Lake Michigan in our case!)

Kitty 09-23-2008 09:33 AM

Prayers being said for both of them, Sassy.

FranksAngel 09-23-2008 09:35 AM

sassy ... you, your hubby, and your friend are in my thoughts and prayers .... i agree ... they really need to find a cure for this disease ... keep is posted on the test results on your hubby...

tkrik 09-23-2008 09:38 AM

Prayers being said for you, your DH, and Catina.:hug:

sassy 09-23-2008 10:21 AM

Thanks

I'm going up now to see my friend. It is so hard to see her like this but I know I would like to see a smiling face or two if I was in the hospital.

A couple of other friends are going with me, we all go to the same self-help group.

TwoKidsTwoCats 09-23-2008 10:40 AM

Your hubby and your friend will be in my prayers Sassy.

Bannet 09-23-2008 10:46 AM

:hug:Sassy:hug:

I'm sorry to hear about Dan and Catina.:(

I'm glad you talked Dan into going to the doctor. Men can be so stubborn. I pray he will get good results back.

As for Catina....That poor girl has been through so much. It just doesn't seem very fair.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Dan, and Catina. Keep us posted please:hug:

AfterMyNap 09-23-2008 12:05 PM

You betcha', Sass. ><>

SandyC 09-23-2008 12:10 PM

Sassy, you got it! :hug:

Does your friend live alone?

SallyC 09-23-2008 12:35 PM

For Sassy, DH and DF....

http://msp117.photobucket.com/albums...nd_prayers.jpg

Love Sally

yeahbut 09-24-2008 08:37 AM

How was your visit Sassy? Keeping them both in my thoughts! :hug:

Jappy 09-24-2008 11:15 AM

Prayers for DH & DF and for you

http://dl3.glitter-graphics.net/pub/...jr9z01oxuu.gif

Jappy :hug:

DM 09-24-2008 12:04 PM

Hey Bren~ Hope all turns out well w/your DH. My friend's son had some nodes under his arm and it did turn out to be an infection, since they treated it w/AB's and they went away. They also said that ingrown hairs under the arm can sometimes cause pealike bumps. (that's what her Dr told her)

Anyway, will keep your DH in my prayers and your friend also. That's just really sad that she is dealing w/such an awful situation.

:hug::hug:

sassy 09-24-2008 03:08 PM

Thanks, DM, that helps to know that. His doc did mention ingrown hairs but I was thinking, yea, right! Learn something new everyday.

Catina looked better than she has in a long time. The infection must have been in her system longer than they realized. The spasticity is awful tho. Her legs are curled up so bad. I wish she was a candidate for a baclofen pump to take care of that. Maybe if they can ever get her stabilized enough that can happen.

She was talking so much more and so much better than she had been. She always has a positive attitude no matter what is happening to her. She is an inspiration to me!

My husband's ultrasound is Friday so probably won't have any info until next week. I love tho that DM had some personal info to share that had a good ending so I can have hope.

NurseNancy 09-24-2008 07:51 PM

hi sassy,

i'm sending prayers to your friend.
i hope they find out what works best for her.
does she have one of those air mattresses? that can help a lot.

and i'm sending get well wishes to your dh.

tkrik 09-24-2008 09:37 PM

Sassy - Thanks for the update. I hope and pray that Catina continues to improve and that all goes well with your DH.:hug:

sassy 09-25-2008 10:52 AM

I just got a call from Catina's mom. She has been moved to a nursing home until the pressure sores heal. I am hoping there she will get the rehab and PT that she needs for the spasticity. The good thing is that the home is just a few blocks from where mom lives. Mom doesn't have a car so she depended on others for a ride to the hospital.

NurseNancy 09-26-2008 05:21 PM

thanks for the update sassy.
con't prayers for your friend.

sassy 09-27-2008 08:44 AM

Dan had his ultra sound yesterday and tech said she didn't see anything so probably will just be treated with antibiotics. She told him that the doctors will look at the ultrasound of course and they may see something she didn't.

She is the same tech that told him the same on another ultrasound years ago on his spleen and she was right. I believe techs see these pictures everyday and are usually accurate.

So, I am relaxing this weekend and waiting to hear the same from the docs this next week.

Thanks for all your prayers.

dmplaura 09-27-2008 12:12 PM

Thank you so much for all the updates. Prayers and a lot of these :hug:

sassy 10-08-2008 07:32 AM

Not the update I wanted but I'm glad his doctor is being pro-active. Her office called two days ago wanting a CT scan even tho ultrasound was negative.

Now, the wait again. And no appt. yet. I'm hoping he will call today and ask them when the appt will be made. Dan is different than me, he can put it out of his mind and not push for the test to be done asap.

I'm thinking of going to see Catina today but this is my second week on Avonex and it seems to be kicking my butt today. I remember why Rebif and I didn't get along. dang flu-like stuff

SandyC 10-08-2008 11:49 AM

Sassy, I will continue to keep Dan in my prayers. I will also keep you in my prayers because I know what you mean and how we worry. :hug:

I didn't know you started Avonex? Jim was on it for four years and he never got over the flu like symptoms. I pray your body will adjust. :hug:

sassy 10-15-2008 08:36 AM

Dan's CT scan is today!

And a friend and I are going to see Catina today.

FinLady 10-15-2008 09:11 AM

Praying all goes well with the scan. :hug:

Hope your friend is doing ok as well. :hug:

FranksAngel 10-15-2008 10:24 AM

i hope everything turns out ok for your husband ... am glad to hear your friend is improving ... my thoughts and prayers are with them and you

SandyC 10-15-2008 11:00 AM

Thinking of you today. Praying for Dan's ct to be clear and for your friend to be well. :hug:

NurseNancy 10-15-2008 03:20 PM

sass,

i hope the CT scan is negative also.
but hope the dr can find out what's wrong.
it's good that she's being so thorough.

prayers again to your friend.
i hope she is getting better.
you're such a good friend.

best

sassy 10-17-2008 08:41 AM

All's well with Dan! Nothing on ultra sound and CT scan! Not even a need for antibiotics!

Catina was about the same. It upsets me tho that somehow her family and/or staff at the nursing home doesn't think about things that would make her stay better.

She is tube fed and only thing she has had by mouth was water thickened to the consistency of honey because she is a choking risk for the last 3 weeks. Well, when I was there Wednes I ask the aide if she gets juice that is thickened she said no but she would check to see if that was possible. She brought in an apple juice that is pre thickened about the size of a snack size pudding and she gobbled that right down.

Now, will they remember to continue that? Will I be the only one that reminds them she can have it? I am not her caregiver but I will advocate for her whenever possible. Right now I try to go once a week but I'm hoping to up that to 2 times a week so I can see more of what is happening with her.

I wish I could somehow advocate more for her! For instance I think she is a perfect candidate for a baclofen pump because of her rigidity but I don't think her doctor will do it because she is on Medicaid.

Please keep her in your daily prayers.

hollym 10-17-2008 09:05 AM

I've bee watching this thead and am so glad thta your DH is OK.

Your friend should get a baclofen pump regardless of whether she is on medicaid or not. Is there some way your support group can help advocate for her on this?

Twinkletoes 10-17-2008 09:46 AM

Sassy, I don't know how I've managed to miss this thread (sorry).

So happy about your DH's nodules! Something to celebrate.

So sad and concerned about your friend, Catina. Poor little thing. She is lucky to have you as her advocate, Sassy. Why in the world wouldn't they think of giving her something besides the regular gruel? :confused:

Will be honored to pray for Catina. And for a cure. :hug: