NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Creative Corner (https://www.neurotalk.org/creative-corner/)
-   -   My Bears (https://www.neurotalk.org/creative-corner/57145-bears.html)

Curious 10-20-2008 11:14 AM

My Bears

well, in the begining stage. they have no face or clothes yet. :oi just wanted to show the people who have asked, what type they are. none are the same. i have a bunch more.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...amily002-1.jpg

i'll post more pictures this week. also of these when finished. :)

Doody 10-20-2008 11:22 AM

Those are amazing!

ali12 10-20-2008 11:23 AM

They are great Curious - love them all!! :)
Thanks for sharing this pic with us ... I look forward to seeing the finished result!! You have talent!

Twinkletoes 10-20-2008 11:58 AM

Darling bears! Want me to send you some buttons so they can see? :D

houghchrst 10-20-2008 05:40 PM

Those are awesome, will you sell them for Christmas? My shortcake is a stuffed animal fiend and I think he would love one.

Curious 10-20-2008 05:47 PM

that is my plan. :D

i'm finishing up 2 nascar ones as i type. hard to stuff and type, but i'm getting good at it. :p

braingonebad 10-20-2008 06:39 PM

Too cute! I love them just as they are, so I can't wait to see what they look like with clothes on.

Good job!

weegot5kiz 10-21-2008 02:26 AM

kind of think the no face makes them even more unique

vini 10-21-2008 05:49 AM

hi ya

hi curious

psychedelic bears groovy :) and cute :cool:

Chemar 10-21-2008 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weegot5kiz (Post 392955)
kind of think the no face makes them even more unique

I was thinking just that!
They are so cute, ms talented Monkey :p

Burntmarshmallow 10-21-2008 04:15 PM

wow Curious great creative works. I too like the no face . original , simple and very beautiful! :cool:

Curious 10-21-2008 04:17 PM

lol..guess i can toss out my button huh?

i always leave the faces off the ones for little kids. don't want them to choke.

i'll try and post more pictures in a few days. i have more bears. :D and lots of bear parts. :p

who moi 10-21-2008 08:59 PM

awwwww.... *big grin...

they are beautiful! great job, monkey!

Curious 10-24-2008 07:12 AM

newest additions.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...amily004-1.jpg
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1.../Family003.jpg

now for the help. if i decided to leave them as they are, how much should i sell them for? :confused: anyone good at websites? :p the one i have for club has a pretty hefty hosting package and comes with all the tools. i don't have that kind of budget for the bear. cheap...any ideas?

mrsD 10-24-2008 08:54 AM

very nice...

These are really great!

They strike me as unusual... I'd almost expect to see
a label saying "hypoallergenic" or something to that effect.

They are certainly huggable!

If you could choose your materials for hypoallergenic...I bet they would sell much faster! The increase in allergies in kids
is a significant thing these days, and parents are tuned to that.

A gal up North who ran a small store made small stuffies like your bears, and sold them
as dog toys...they went like hotcakes at the art fair.
Bobbi here put up some pics of her dog recently at BT showing HER dog toy. It is on
Chronic pain there, on page one. I am sure if you emailed her she'd put the pic up here.

They look washable too... are they?

Curious 10-24-2008 09:04 AM

very washable mrsd. i have made many using baby flannel. they get cuddled and spit up on and then tossed in the washer.

most of the fabrics are cotton. the orangey fabric on the purple one is a satin.

in the first picture 2 of the christmas bear have silk fabric from japan. it's fabric my dad got back in the 50's. (it's red and gold btw..not orange like it shows.) those can't be washed, just spot cleaned.

i always include a note on those type.

i'll have to look at the fabric store on what would be considered hypoallergenic. i guess certain dyes would cause this.

i also make bears that people give me clothes or or other special fabric to incorporate into the bears. i made one for grandmonkey that used the shirt he wore in his kindergarden picture. :D

Vonn07 10-24-2008 12:01 PM

Curious ... many of the fabric stores (Hancock, JoAnn's) .. all have 'baby' safe fabric ... just a tad more $$ ... watch for sales!!

I love the naked bear ... and you mentioned that you've already sold them for $40 each!! .... try it .. if they go TOO fast - raise the price ...if they don't go real fast ... drop it a tad ... but don't ever use the words 'discount', sale or clearance ...

Curious 10-24-2008 12:37 PM

thanks vonn. :hug:

i'm real into repurposing fabrics too. like with the jeans quilt, i have made jean bears. or use bits and pieces from clothes. which my husband got a huge sack froma client filled with awesome clothes for me to cut up. they were her mothers and much too out of date for even goodwill.

i agree vonn, using those words devalue items. from talking to my own pt clients, they love the idea of hand crafted and reporposed. makes those bears green. :D

i am a back rack clearance bin diver! remnants are great for making the bears.

Jomar 10-24-2008 11:15 PM

Bravenet has a quick and easy to set up site - and free:)
you can get a basic one up and running real quick with their pre made themes/styles.

http://www.bravenet.com/

Curious 10-25-2008 08:05 AM

:hug: ty jo, i forgot about bravenet.

i made more yesterday. lol. hubby said i need to get them online by monday. he wants his chair back. :p i am going to add a page to our website too.

i'm going to check in the paper for any craft fairs or church bazzars coming up. see if they have booth space.

lil'monkey took one for a birthday gift. with eyes and a bow, it sure looked different.

jeanb 10-29-2008 07:26 PM

just to say...

Curious -

Your bears are just beautiful!!! :p I used to collect bears, but gave most of them away before our last move. Your bears are special!

Jean

Curious 11-29-2008 11:07 AM

thanks jean. :hug:

here are more pictures. http://s368.photobucket.com/albums/o...view=slideshow

have more that i need to take pictures of and others that i just need to load on photobucket. doing this one handed takes me awhile. :o

mrsD 11-29-2008 11:17 AM

really nice...

Elegantly presented too!

I like that idea of using fabric from a loved one. That is a wonderful idea and a tribute.

What do you mean "one-handed"? Are you injured?

Curious 11-29-2008 11:31 AM

i broke my right hand a few weeks ago. it's not healing well.(pinky...2 knuckes, ring finger knuckle on hand, middle finger knuckle cracked and various bones in my hand) i am..was right handed. no insurance...no follow up on being able to get it set right and surgery. it is a pretty shade of green with purplish red spots that appear if i bump or move it. :o

ty mrsd. i still have some description to do. just have to take it easy on the keyboard. next step is to get the online selling set up.

Kitty 11-29-2008 11:48 AM

Those are so cute, Curious!! You've done a wonderful job and the slide show is a great way to present them. Do you use fabric that people send to you....maybe material from a loved one's piece of clothing or a blanket?

Curious 11-29-2008 11:57 AM

ty kelly. :hug:

that is what the keepsake bears are. like the one posted with the plaid fabric. that was from a skirt the ladies mother wore every christmas.

i have make them from baby blankets, baby clothes, men's shirts, just about anything. it's nice way to keep something from a loved one who has passed, or that special item that a person just doesn't want to get rid of. i made some from shirts kids have worn in school pictures.

i also like to "repurpose" fabric. use fabric from clothing that is in good shape, but not in stype, so donating to goodwill isn't much of an option. or from something that has ripped. or vintage clothes.

the green and plaid bear with the little pinafore is such a bear. the plaid was an almost new pair of capris of lil'monkeys. she caught the rear and ripped them on filing cabinet. the pink bear has check material from a dress i bought her and made it into a long top.

mrsD 11-29-2008 12:24 PM

Sorry to hear you

have this awful injury! I hope you are soaking in epsom salts!

The bears are really good. Professional looking, well done and the colors/fabrics are nicely matched. They are very creative and show care and sensitivity!

I predict you will be selling them quickly!

Darlene 11-30-2008 01:13 AM

Curious,

Those are so pretty. You are very talented. Hope your hand is doing better.

Darlene:hug: