NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Warning! (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/66532-warning.html)

AfterMyNap 12-16-2008 12:21 PM

Warning!

Beware of ShamWow imitators.

ewizabeth 12-16-2008 12:28 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwRISkyV_B8

Thanks AMN. Did I get the real thing, or not? :confused: I ordered a case of them, I hope they aren't knock offs. :wink:

Blessings2You 12-16-2008 01:14 PM

What's a ShamWow? If it's an imitator of a sham, isn't it redundant? Or does that make it the real thing? What am I talking about?

SallyC 12-16-2008 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfterMyNap (Post 428497)
Beware of ShamWow imitators.

:Ponder: :ROTFLMAO::ROTFLMAO::ROTFLMAO: :Soapbox: :nopity:

tkrik 12-16-2008 02:43 PM

:Scratch-Head::Scratch-Head:I'm going to have to get back to you on this one. It seems to me I did hear about the imitator ShamWow not being as good as the real ShamWow's. I can't remember where I heard or read that. Consumer Reports Digest or magazine maybe?

SallyC 12-16-2008 02:47 PM

I'm wondering if a whole truckload of Shamnows would help in a flood? :p

sabimax 12-16-2008 02:50 PM

lol Sally...I did see the commercial for original..with the WARNING...beware of any imitation shamwows.....I thought...how does someone truely imitate a shamwow!!

tovaxin_lab_rat 12-16-2008 03:54 PM

can i use it with my left hand? if not, i am not interested in the real thing or an imitation. :Scratch-Head:

ewizabeth 12-16-2008 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Av8rgirl (Post 428740)
can i use it with my left hand? if not, i am not interested in the real thing or an imitation. :Scratch-Head:

I think they make a left-handed model.

tovaxin_lab_rat 12-16-2008 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ewizabeth (Post 428743)
I think they make a left-handed model.

:yahoo: i think i am going to be left handed for a while!

weegot5kiz 12-16-2008 04:12 PM

all i got to say is

SCAM WOW

sabimax 12-16-2008 09:46 PM

Frank you dont believe in the WOW...hehehe come on ...you think something sold on TV is a scam....:p

PolarExpress 12-16-2008 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Av8rgirl (Post 428740)

You can use them with your left
You can use them with your right
You can use them with your feet
In the daytime or the night
Use them always, Cheryl-I-Am
Just don't get taken by imitation Sham...Wow.
http://dl4.glitter-graphics.net/pub/...uozezi44tp.jpg

SallyC 12-16-2008 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PolarExpress (Post 428946)
You can use them with your left
You can use them with your right
You can use them with your feet
In the daytime or the night
Use them always, Cheryl-I-Am
Just don't get taken by imitation Sham...Wow.
http://dl4.glitter-graphics.net/pub/...uozezi44tp.jpg

That was cool, Polar..:D

PolarExpress 12-16-2008 11:02 PM

...And just a little disturbing..:o

azoyizes 12-17-2008 07:38 AM

Have I been living on a different planet, or is it that I don't watch the shopping channel? :rolleyes:

Can I live without a ShamWow, or do I need one immediately? :eek:

I want to use them with my feet!! :D

Kitty 12-17-2008 07:52 AM

Wow......wonder if they could make Depends out of something like this?! :p

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t...eyeonCRACK.jpg

Dixie_Amazon 12-17-2008 09:52 AM

Is it ok to fold a ShamWOW with my Flip-n-Fold?

mrsD 12-17-2008 10:03 AM

the knock offs

the knock offs are called Zorbees. If you type into Google
both names with the word review...you can see what other people think of them both.

Zorbrees were considered a waste, poor quality, and many reviewers were pretty angry.

ShamWow, which I had been looking at, got so-so reviews.
Not sterling. I saw them at Bed Bath and Beyond over the weekend. For $19.99.

I am thinking of getting a box with one of the coupons, I have, to use up north on our pontoon boat...it gets alot of DEW being open. I bought a microfiber towel last summer at Murray's to soak up the dew and it worked pretty well. It was $8.95.

I try to only use a TV promoted thing when they come down to the stores locally. Typically the online/TV sales involve scams involving shipping and latching onto your credit cards illegally. This is a huge problem. Beware of "free"...as you often end up paying MORE for the free item than not.

tovaxin_lab_rat 12-17-2008 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoyizes (Post 429077)
Have I been living on a different planet, or is it that I don't watch the shopping channel? :rolleyes:

Can I live without a ShamWow, or do I need one immediately? :eek:

I want to use them with my feet!! :D

I bet Montana could learn to use them! LOL! We could make one of the Geico like commercials -- so easy to use even a Service Dog can use them!!

*I need more coffee, less pain, and more drugs - or some combination*

SallyC 12-17-2008 12:55 PM

I think I must have a "Sam" shamwow to go with my "Sven" Roomba.:rolleyes::D

tkrik 12-17-2008 01:17 PM

Ok totally off topic here but . . . Every time I see the title of this thread I think, "Warning! This could get ugly" or "Warning! Kids, don't try this at home." LOL

Ok back to the ShamWow imitators . . .

azoyizes 12-17-2008 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Av8rgirl (Post 429186)
I bet Montana could learn to use them! LOL! We could make one of the Geico like commercials -- so easy to use even a Service Dog can use them!!

*I need more coffee, less pain, and more drugs - or some combination*

Great idea! He can come along behind me and wipe up all my spills, then clean up after himself after he drools and dribbles water! :D

PolarExpress 12-17-2008 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkrik (Post 429346)
Ok totally off topic here but . . . Every time I see the title of this thread I think, "Warning! This could get ugly" or "Warning! Kids, don't try this at home." LOL

Ok back to the ShamWow imitators . . .

If you had ever seen the commercials, you would know how close you are to being right..:eek:

Kitty 12-18-2008 07:47 AM

OK....I have a question. I saw the infomercial on TV this morning and they say that you can "just throw them in the washer" and reuse them. What's keeping them from absorbing all the water in the washer?? :confused: If they absorb 20X their weight in liquid....what if you put several in there at one time....what happens? :confused:

And WHY hasn't AMN come back to this thread????? Is she laughing at all of us while we ponder the wonders of the ShamWow?

tkrik 12-18-2008 08:38 AM

I'm going to have to pay attention to that ad. Of course, I don't watch too much tv so I may have to see if I can find the infomercial on the internet.

Kelly, you bring up a very good point. What would happen? Would it break the washer? Will ShamWow replace the washer if it breaks? Or will the become ScamNow? Hmmmmmm!

mrsD 12-18-2008 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitty (Post 429693)
OK....I have a question. I saw the infomercial on TV this morning and they say that you can "just throw them in the washer" and reuse them. What's keeping them from absorbing all the water in the washer?? :confused: If they absorb 20X their weight in liquid....what if you put several in there at one time....what happens? :confused:

And WHY hasn't AMN come back to this thread????? Is she laughing at all of us while we ponder the wonders of the ShamWow?

I have read on the "review" sites, that Zorbees shred up in the wash like felt.

The ShamWows would need to be squeezed out some I would guess and dried carefully. I tweeked the bottom of the box open at Bed/Bath and felt them. They are rough/dry/hard and felty feeling (but not soft like felt) They are some kind of compressed fiber...not woven. I don't see them lasting 10 years...that is a pretty lame claim IMO. I have also read that if not used exactly a certain way, they push the liquid around and absorb NOTHING.

Some guys on those review sites say that microfiber towels you can get at auto parts stores for washing cars are superior.
So I bought a towel instead and used it last season. It worked very well, and dried very quickly for boat issues.

weegot5kiz 12-18-2008 09:52 AM

Trish when i see it i think warning will robison warning

has anyone ever bought the scam wows? do they work? oh melody

ewizabeth 12-18-2008 09:53 AM

I had a total of six ShamWow messages in my spam folder this morning... :eek:

tkrik 12-18-2008 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ewizabeth (Post 429765)
I had a total of six ShamWow messages in my spam folder this morning... :eek:

SpamWow!:eek::D

prettypearlgirl 12-20-2008 01:45 AM

What the heck is a sham wow:confused::confused:???????

Carolyn:)

Kitty 12-20-2008 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prettypearlgirl (Post 430750)
What the heck is a sham wow:confused::confused:???????

Carolyn:)

Here it is:

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/post429090-17.html

Dejibo 12-20-2008 11:17 AM

what is a shamwow? how can you NOT know?!

https://www.shamwow.com/ver4/index.asp

check out the fast talking salesman. how can you resist?