NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Community & Forum Feedback (https://www.neurotalk.org/community-and-forum-feedback/)
-   -   Update?? BT 1 ?? Anybody?? (https://www.neurotalk.org/community-and-forum-feedback/765-update-bt-1-a.html)

nide44 09-13-2006 02:15 PM

Update?? BT 1 ?? Anybody??

Does anybody have any info on BT :confused:
and the probability of it going back on-line?
I've repeatedly gone back, and the old message that said
JL was back from out-of-town and 'working on it'
just isn't there anymore. :(
All I get is a blank page (using Firefox).
I'm curious and 'juust want to know'
:)

slogo 09-13-2006 02:21 PM

I wonder too?

I really like this forum! :D

Curious 09-13-2006 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nide44 (Post 5595)
Does anybody have any info on BT :confused:
and the probability of it going back on-line?
I've repeatedly gone back, and the old message that said
JL was back from out-of-town and 'working on it'
just isn't there anymore. :(
All I get is a blank page (using Firefox).
I'm curious and 'juust want to know'

:::taps nides shoulder:::

ummm...i'm curious.;)

Braindrain 09-13-2006 02:26 PM

I just clicked on the hastypastry link in my favorites and got a blank page, too. I'm using IE, btw. I wonder if the fact that
the message is gone means that the old forum will be coming
back soon.:confused:

mrsD 09-13-2006 02:57 PM

Dear Bob...

I saw that change too, when I returned this weekend.
My cell phone buddies had been keeping me up to date about all this
business.

I'll share with you and others here, that restoring a data base may take time.
www.cafepharma.com switched its format from the old (I don't know the name of it) to the vBulletin format last summer(they were having terrible troll and spamming problems). Their estimate of 2 days was way below what the reality required...it took just over a week to transfer all their data to the new format, which is up now.

My son is IT and he says any estimates on "fixes" are usually grossly low... expect many delays. So I have hope still.

Also that the lack of information may be due to "legal reasons". If any problem encountered involves a lawyer, the usual response is nil. That is what they require. If JL has to search IP numbers to catch a hacker, or troublemaker, he would be mum also about it.

I have been as concerned as everyone else. But unlike some posters here, I do
have a level of trust that whatever is going on is necessary, and if we need to be kept out of it, then I can accept that.

I have been very grateful for all the years provided by Braintalk in all 3 of its incarnations. I can accept whatever is happening, in return. I feel for those however, who feel stranded, and who are fairly dependent on their connections which for many years were safe at OBT (Original BrainTalk).

And thank you, again, DocJohn for helping out here... I can live w/o BT, but many as you know rely on it for other reasons. So providing this outlet is very generous and compassionate.

Jyes 09-13-2006 03:18 PM

Just to chime in and say I still have the same message showing when I go to BT1, the one dated 08.24.06 and I am using IE....

I have seen several posts over the past week saying they got a blank page and I always have had either the original msg from the 20th of July or the 2nd one that is still showing....never a blank page.

Jyes

Chemar 09-13-2006 03:28 PM

Jyes, refresh your browser (clear the cache) and that message will be replaced by the blank page........you are seeing it on an old bookmarked cached page.

It is a good idea to refresh/clear cache on your browser every day to ensure that you are viewing the most recent updates on webpages

HTH

Jyes 09-13-2006 03:40 PM

Chemar I do clear my cache everyday and I just now did again, deleted files, history and cookies, rebooted and guess what?

The same msg is there like before, no blank page...................

Also, I just logged in to BT and then logged out and same msg still there, I was surprised I could log in to the forum, although I never thought of trying it before now. Of course I got nowhere when I logged on but I did get logged on!

It even says my last logon was July 12 at 10PM probably for flashchat since I think the forum was already down by the 10th of July, but not FlashChat.

Jyes :)

Cherie 09-13-2006 03:51 PM

I'm using IE and have been getting a blank page since September 7th. No updates anywhere that I can find.

Jyes 09-13-2006 03:59 PM

Cherie I do not know which URL you all are trying but even if you use the basic one, which will show nothing below the heading lines, but once you click on to go anywhere you will get the msg......

It has been like this since it went down and no changes noted by me other than the 2nd msg on the 24th Aug.

http://brain.hastypastry.net/ Click here to enter and the same msg is still there

http://brain.hastypastry.net/forums/...play.php?f=237

This was the URL for the Spinal Disorder forum and the msg shows here also

Jyes

Chemar 09-13-2006 04:06 PM

still a blank page for me even following your posted links Jyes:rolleyes:

I really think you need to clear the cache on your browser

Jyes 09-13-2006 04:15 PM

My cache is cleared, and has been... So I have no idea what is up, but I know the msg is still there.... :)

Jyes

Cherie 09-13-2006 04:17 PM

http://brain.hastypastry.net/forums/...play.php?f=181

Blank just now.

Edited to add : I just checked out both of the links above Jyes and they both come up as blank pages on my system. With the first one I get a "click here to enter forums" and when I do the screen goes blank.

Feebs 09-13-2006 04:48 PM

Hmm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jyes (Post 5630)
Chemar I do clear my cache everyday and I just now did again, deleted files, history and cookies, rebooted and guess what?

The same msg is there like before, no blank page...................

Also, I just logged in to BT and then logged out and same msg still there, I was surprised I could log in to the forum, although I never thought of trying it before now. Of course I got nowhere when I logged on but I did get logged on!

It even says my last logon was July 12 at 10PM probably for flashchat since I think the forum was already down by the 10th of July, but not FlashChat.

Jyes :)

Hi, I still see the same msg from 8/24/06 also. I use IE and I also refreshed my page, cleared my cache, typed from scratch(usually have in favs) and all that.

So, I went to my Son's computer, who does not and never has come to BT1, typed in the address, and I got the same msg as I see now from 8/24/06. Thats odd I guess. Some can see, most are getting a blank page. :confused:

Another mystery I guess!

Fee

Chemar 09-13-2006 05:01 PM

curiouser and curiouser................

CURIOUS!!! whatcha been up ta now:eek:

seriously tho, I get the blank page nomatter which entry portal or browser I try

LarryLDN 09-13-2006 05:16 PM

I get this:
There seems to have been a problem with the BrainTalk Communities database.
Please try again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, whom you can also contact if the problem persists.
We apologise for any inconvenience.

JoJo6 09-13-2006 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LarryLDN (Post 5656)
I get this:
There seems to have been a problem with the BrainTalk Communities database.
Please try again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, whom you can also contact if the problem persists.
We apologise for any inconvenience.

HEY LARRY!! great to see you! Now, where did you say you saw this ?? JJ

Curious 09-13-2006 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chemar (Post 5652)
curiouser and curiouser................

CURIOUS!!! whatcha been up ta now:eek:

seriously tho, I get the blank page nomatter which entry portal or browser I try

ok....i admit it. it was me. i stole bt1's choccy. who'd a thunk it was attatched to the server? :confused:

my mama told me to always clean y plate. i thought it best to just leave the page wiped clean. i guess i just coulda licked my fingers.:p

(((((larry))))) :D

Doody 09-13-2006 05:40 PM

I clear everything every time I use my computer...everything. I'm using Firefox and I still see the same ole message from 8/24/06. When I used my IE, I got nuttin.

Thelma 09-13-2006 05:43 PM

The page has been up and down all day. John said he would have to close it down to install the part he had needed the replacement for.

Good this means he is working on it.

Doody 09-13-2006 05:51 PM

Thelma! How'd you find that out!? :eek:

JoJo6 09-13-2006 06:00 PM

Hi Doody. The Mods. in FlashChat said John told them he would have to shut down the chat when he got that far along. Whatever that meant. :D they said this last week. Don't know if Thelma's news is newer than last week or not. JJ

artist 09-13-2006 06:57 PM

Curious, that's Database Choccy you've been handing out? Cool. 'Cos I've been feeling really knowledgable ever since you started handing out your choccy goodies. BrainFood! Very cool - as long as they don't have to dissect us to retrieve the data...;)

Long and the short of it is still no BT1, but look on the bright side, we've got BT2 served with intelligent cookies and coffee.

Blank screen or "error with the database" just means that the site is offline, no web pages up at all. The appearance/reappearance of the 8/24 message could mean a testing sequence, i.e. he's putting pages up and taking them down throughout the day.

These days what you see on screen may vary enormously according to which browser you use, your computer operating system and how you've set your viewing options. Also, how recent your javascript, flash, shock and system scripting is.

I use 2 computers, a PC with Firefox (blank white screen) and a Mac with old Netscape (no page at all, just a pop-up "communication error"), IE (the "error with the database" message) and new Netscape (blank white screen) - I design websites, among other things, so I need to view newly designed websites in all the different browsers.

The message "There seems to have been a problem with the BrainTalk Communities database.........An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, whom you can also contact if the problem persists." is the server/ISP message, not JLs, and it's exactly what happened after BT crashed on July 4th. It changed later to the ISPs home page at D-NA.com, before the first BT message fom DH went up around July 20th.

I'm still astonished that JL isn't putting up any kind of update; seems ominous to me, but then I've stopped worrying about it. If only I could find the RSD forum members I'd be completely happy. All this Brainfood they're missing!

Well, we'll see when we see, as my grandmother used to say :)
all the best

Chemar 09-13-2006 07:25 PM

Brainfood!!!

now there's a great name for this forum!

Brainfood Choccy Communities:D

stevem53 09-13-2006 09:57 PM

I have IE and have never gotten a blank page yet

nide44 09-14-2006 08:52 AM

http://brain.hastypastry.net/forums/...play.php?f=237
This was the URL for the Spinal Disorder forum and the msg shows here also

I went there in IE, AOL & Firefox- blank page thru AOL & firefox - July 20 message in IE.
............Duh???........

monarchbutterfly 09-14-2006 09:14 AM

my 2 cents

I get a different variation

on one computer I get a blank screen, on a different computer I get the Aug 24 message (yup cookies cleared and all...)

mb

trix 09-14-2006 09:53 AM

I vote YES to the name Brainfood Choccy Communities!!!!! I am as addicted to chocolate as it sounds like Curious is.

Curious 09-14-2006 10:13 AM

hehehe...yep trix! am i sure am glad that there ain't no 12 step program for it!

no question here...i think plain ole choccy is a good name. it is brain food. soul food..offers wonderful support...comes in many varieties like we all do...and of course...with or without nuts. :p

annie 09-14-2006 12:27 PM

the chocolate lovers brain

Chemar 09-14-2006 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annie (Post 5988)
the chocolate lovers brain

and the official BrainFood:D

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...eycupcakes.jpg

Curious 09-14-2006 05:13 PM

looks like a good logo to me. :D

Jaye 09-14-2006 05:55 PM

artist

Your missing RSD forum members....you don't suppose they've been locked inside the BT1 server all this time, unable to escape? We can ask them what's been going on with the hardware. Oh dear, I hope they're all right.... Unless they've been in there partying it up with JL....intoxicated on chocolate!.. Oh dear, this is so confusing.

:p Jaye

Curious 09-14-2006 06:32 PM

{{{jaye}}}

<-----hands jaye a monkey cupcake

join the party here! *hiccup* :p

artist 09-14-2006 07:00 PM

Hi Jaye

:D funny....well, 2 of them escaped and turned up yesterday! I'm thrilled; and they have more email addies to spread the word...things may be on the move at last back at the ol' RSD ranch.

Now Curious, wherever did you find that BT1 choccy, 'cos I don't remember any choccy around anywhere (sour grapes, yes!) ...I suppose naughty little monkeys just get into everything....at least if we've lost BT1, we've still got the choccy - don't know how you do it, Curious, it's always offered at just the right time. Yup, you definitely are one adorable cute primate :)

all the best

Curious 09-14-2006 08:34 PM

ahhh shucks artist.....nicest compliment i've had from hong kong...ever!
::::blushes::::

next thing ya know y'all will be asking me to make pitchers of choccy martini's!

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...d/cmartini.jpg

is this a 1 or 2 martini lunch today? :p