NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Survivors of Suicide (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/)
-   -   What's on your plate today... (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/84562-whats-plate.html)

Alffe 04-17-2009 08:10 AM

What's on your plate today...

Cooper is getting a haircut so he'll be clean and happy. Mr.Alffe got me 20 bags of top soil for my garden so I'll be playing in the dirt this afternoon.
Also working to get the leaves out of my flower beds.

Still very disgusted about all the whorahrah about the President coming to speak at N.D.s graduation. Now some are having a Facebook stand off...~sigh

And I'm hoping the Lil'Monkey has a much better day today! :hug:

FeelinGoofy 04-17-2009 08:14 AM

taking sis to school as soon as she finishes drying her hair :rolleyes:
then off to work.... I took several of the residents to a jazz concert last night and we had a blast. Its hard to believe they pay me for doing such fun stuff LOL Hope you guys have a great weekend!!!!!:hug:

Abbie 04-17-2009 03:09 PM

I'm going in to hiding...
it's safer there...

It's a place where I can keep out of trouble.

:(

Lara 04-17-2009 04:19 PM

(((Abbie)))

What's up???

Alffe 04-17-2009 05:09 PM

Yep...what Lara said! Talk to us Abbie. :grouphug:

mistiis 04-18-2009 02:13 AM

abbie please don't clam up, let us help :grouphug:

FeelinGoofy 04-18-2009 11:46 AM

thinking of you Abbie!!!! sending you a {{{{HUG}}} and positive thoughts!!

mistiis 04-20-2009 09:49 AM

Dh trying to control the divorce terms again...:mad:
He just can't let go...:(
But, I am a fighter, and I want to LIVE, no matter what it takes....:rolleyes: :grouphug:

Burntmarshmallow 04-26-2009 10:17 PM

What Was on my plate ...
Hubs surgery went well he had cryosurgery for prostate and is home getting back into "the swing of things".:rolleyes:

I did relay for life cancer rally this Friday We did pretty good before the relay we raised 3000$
Then the night of relay we did $750.00 in food sales and another $2500.00 in checks and cash donations.

I do have 2 stories from the relay one was I dressed up as burger king with robe and I had phone books in my pants .
I dressed to do the red carpet lap. I saw Ronald McDonald clown there and I had my camera and was on way to line up for the costume lap and I got like 10 feet near him and was swarmed with people in black shirts they "helped" me along past any chance of a picture of me with Ronald. I was warned not to come near or try to get a picture of Ron Mc D or they will have cops come. Was NO WAY anyone with a burger king outfit was getting near Ronald McDonald :rolleyes:

And my best friend lost her bunny. A special bunny that sat on her G-mas bed while she was dying from cancer. It has a nurses uniform as that was what her g-ma was a nurse. anyways it was sitting next to g-mas luminary bag . it sits next to the bag every year but this time someone had taken it. We stared walking around looking on ground in case it got kicked then I saw some teens walked over and asked the group if anyone had found a bunny. by that time my friend was crying and upset... but faith and 5 mins later one of the girls came back with the bunny and My friend was soooo happy guess g-ma's spirit/memory and boo-boo bunny got a ride around the path.
I have picture up on my public page of relay and my team.

what IS on my plate - many senior high school banquets awards programs ,work, an open mic, time in garden at best pals house, visit with sister coming from Virginia , :D S.T.P. night :p , paying for 8th grade grad night to Busch Gardens pay for senior prom dress and prom night for oldest.... and way to much more... need to call Pono, and a couple others.
my hubs birthday tomorrow a cake to bake and surprises to bestow.

SO WHATS ON YOUR PLATE?????

GmaSue 04-26-2009 10:51 PM

I want to reach through the screen in a Joe Biden kind of way and give you all a playful poke, jab, hug, grab, squeeze,touch and secret handshake. But since I can't, I'll leave you lots of cyberhugs and cyber chocolate chip cookies warm from the oven. And here's some 20 dollar bills for pocket change. Grandma sue

Alffe 04-28-2009 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GmaSue (Post 501591)
I want to reach through the screen in a Joe Biden kind of way and give you all a playful poke, jab, hug, grab, squeeze,touch and secret handshake. But since I can't, I'll leave you lots of cyberhugs and cyber chocolate chip cookies warm from the oven. And here's some 20 dollar bills for pocket change. Grandma sue

:DWell Sue, after all that I really feel loved! It's rainning, lightly, so I went out and planted a little grass seed...made potato salad, and chicken with vodka sauce (the bottled kind) but I remember Katy and her recipe! The bushes and trees are starting to pop here...making a believer out of me...done with snow. :rolleyes:

Anxious for word of the moi family...too busy to sit probably. :D

tamiloo 04-28-2009 02:16 PM

On my plate...Olhipie heard me read that...whats on you plate today and he said meat and taters...

I have to get a clog out of my sink and I put it off yesterday...and of course haven't been able to wash dishes and everyone still keeps eating!

Hello all!:hug:

Alffe 05-03-2009 07:06 AM

Excited about visiting a new church this morning...going full of hope, not only that I'll still be able to fit into my "church" clothes but that this "house" is filled with love.

Hugs for the room/broom. :grouphug:

Spanish Moss 05-03-2009 07:26 AM

Best wishes on both accounts!

tamiloo 05-03-2009 01:55 PM

I pray that you will feel the comfort that you desire!! :hug:
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/j...ugs/hugs23.gif

BJ 05-03-2009 01:56 PM

Me too Alffe :hug:

FeelinGoofy 05-04-2009 08:15 AM

How was services Alffe???? :hug: I'm off to work here in a bit... i love mondays.
we do alot of fun stuff on Mondays... hope you guys have a good day today.

Alffe 05-04-2009 08:55 AM

well it was a poor choice of Sundays to visit. It was pledge Sunday so it was all about $$, which I understand is necessary to plan your year.

It was a lovely church...a Methodist Church..I have never been able to distinguish the difference between Presbyterians and Methodists. And it was a very large church which, after experiencing such a small one, we're interested in a bigger one.

The minister did get everyones attention with his opening remarks about a church in New York city that ministers to the poor with many outreach programs...they had a difficult decision to make when tons of pigeon droppings were discovered in their rafters..it would take several hundred thousands of dollars to remove and repair so they chose to close the church. They had several million dollars in trust so they could have gone the other route but I guess $$ was more important to them.

I'm left wondering where the $$ now goes. :confused:

Burntmarshmallow 05-04-2009 03:30 PM

my plate is full of prayers and hugs for everyone .
and also some chocolate ...
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m...-Chocolate.jpg
:grouphug:
PEACE
BMW... is in over drive and the month is still young :rolleyes:

FeelinGoofy 05-05-2009 07:59 AM

makes me wonder to Alffe....my plate will be full of Cinco de Mayo this afternoon. LOL One of the girls who works with me doing activities also works as a receptionist at my favorite Mexican Restaurant.... She is bringing a bunch of chips and caso (however you spell it) We're going to break a pinanta too... The residents requested to do this.... LOL this is going to be funny because some of them will have had margaritias to drink as well...
:hug: love you guys!!!!

Alffe 05-05-2009 04:08 PM

No fair knowing how to spell Cinco de Mayo Goofy! I surely hope their meal was better than the one I had. :hug:

FeelinGoofy 05-05-2009 08:36 PM

well Cinco De Mayo fell through for me... my FIL fell just before the party was suppose to start. Rick was in OKC doing somehting for work so i had to take him to the ER and get his head fixed.... they glued his wound shut and put steri strips on it and did both and x-ray and a cat scan....hes ok... just banged up.

Alffe 05-06-2009 05:44 AM

I'm sorry Goofy....was he wearing his braces? Do you think it's a balance thing in addition? Our oldest daughters mil keeps falling in her assisted living home...I swear she must bounce because she's in her 80ties and doesn't break anything..just black and blue all over. :(

Old age ain't for sissies....you know that, I know that you do. :hug:

FeelinGoofy 05-06-2009 07:26 AM

no he wasn't wearing his knee braces.... i try to get over there every morning and make sure he has them on and he usually does.... the one morning i didn't make it over to the assisted living building to check he didn't put them on and that afternoon falls..... I'm just thankful this fall wasn't as bad as the last one.
:hug:

Curious 05-19-2009 03:41 PM

All the end of the school year stuff. That also means gearing up for summer memberships. And lots of applicants who only want to work the summer and while the sun isn't shining during the day or who want to bring all their kids to work. :rolleyes:

I'm around just busy trying to find a new place to rent. Also finally going to be listing the Curious George stuff on ebay this weekend. My daughter and I are taking picutres and getting listing ready all day tomorrow.

:grouphug: for everone.

Abbie 05-19-2009 08:35 PM

My week was to be filled with doctor's appointment... all but one had to reschedule for next month...

Yeah for me!!! Now I have the week free to just breathe in the nice warm air!!!

:sunchair:
Abbie

Alffe 05-20-2009 07:09 AM

Isn't it glorious Abbie!! I got the grass cut yesterday, it obviously rained alot here when we were gone and finished planting the garden. Last night I made more "stuff" for the graduation open house. Cooper is still exhausted from his kennel stay..and that dang dog that runs loose on occasion decided to be very aggressive yesterday and it really ticks me off!!! This is Coopers yard...now if we can just figure out where this "visitor" lives...:mad:

FeelinGoofy 05-23-2009 05:39 PM

high school graduation was on my plate today..... its been a busy day for sure. between gong to the hosptial to see my FIL and all the festivities surrounding graduation............ I'm very proud of Scott.... he turned out to be such a neat young man.... :D

Doody 05-24-2009 10:35 AM

Congratulations ((Vic)), proud momma! :hug:

Koala77 05-25-2009 01:41 AM

Just wanted to give my congratulaions again to Scott and also to Halei. Two wonderful young people who've done extremely well.

Congrats to the parents, Goofy and BMW.

FeelinGoofy 05-25-2009 08:27 AM

it will be a busy day today. They're moving my fil to rehab today :) i also need to go put flowers on my dads grave and m y MIL's grave and i have to work for half a day today. Both kids spent the night at friends house. Scott is talking about moving in with one of his buddies lOLOL... we told him that would be great for him to do so, but he needed to get a job first. he said he didn't think about that.... LOL..........
I hope everybody has a good holiday today. :hug:

Abbie 05-25-2009 11:43 AM

Today I am resting.... watching old episodes of Land of The Lost... and will be checking in on the NASCAR race off and on... other than that... nothing... my body needs rest.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful long weekend!

:hug:
Abbie