NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Children's Health (https://www.neurotalk.org/children-s-health/)
-   -   Langan Walking!! (https://www.neurotalk.org/children-s-health/875-langan-walking.html)

langansmom 09-15-2006 03:41 PM

Langan Walking!!

Here is (I hope) a short video of Langan walking at school. Just wanted to share!! This is in a room at school. Since Langan doesn't nap like the rest of the kids, her wonderful aide and another aide take her into this room at naptime and work on her goals. That's the wonderful Ms. Kim in the background. She wasn't at her best b/c she had been walking a while before I got there and b/c she has been rather fussy with a nasty UTI. BUT I love it just the same!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...04477772124251

I know there has been recent talk here about AFOs and shoes. She is wearing her AFOs and her blue Hatchbacks (she has blue, black and pink). We LOVE the Hatchbacks!

(((hugs)))

LIZARD 09-15-2006 03:57 PM

Hey, Wendy! :)

It's quite grainy, but there's no doubt she's walking--and well, I think! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

LIZARD :)

Curious 09-15-2006 04:47 PM

the resident wandering monkey here......

awesome langan!!

it is such a treat for all of us who have watched these wonderful kids for years reach such triumphs!!

thank you for sharing! i know how proud you must feel. :D

this is what bt2 is about!

Mom of 7 GEMS 09-15-2006 05:06 PM

Wendy... well THIS post finally got me to register, just so I could tell you that this is the most amazing thing! I'm so happy for you, so happy for Langan! We knew this day was coming, but she really looks good, and she'll get better and better as she goes along!

Congratulations!

Dori
formerly KatznKids4Me

wheeliebird 09-15-2006 08:13 PM

Awwwww Wendy that is so AWESOME!!!:D GO LANGAN, GO!!!:cool:

Robin

Tracy Sheppard 09-15-2006 08:29 PM

Wendy that is so awesome!!!! Brought a tear to my eye.....Just think, before you know it she will be running.......How wonderful.....
Langan we are so proud of you!!!!!

lauren'smom 09-15-2006 08:43 PM

Can I just say, Told Ya!!!.....just kidding, Wendy she looks so great and before you know it she will be walking and running away from you just like Lauren does from me, just in the front yard!!! Sharing this with you has brought happy tears!!!

Love ya,

Debi

Nathan&GilliansMommy 09-15-2006 11:05 PM

Oh wow-that was so wonderful to watch! Way to go Miss Langan-you keep at it!!!!:o

Beck 09-15-2006 11:13 PM

YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!

I can just feel your heart jumping for joy!

She is doing so awesome!

moose53 09-15-2006 11:31 PM

Way To Go, Miss Langan!!

Oh my goodness, ((((((Wendy)))))),

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...static-pdc.gif

That is *SO FANTASTIC*!! I can't believe how great she's walking.

Way to go, Miss Langan http://chocolate-moose.p5.org.uk/MINIS/4_17_5.gif

BIG HUGS. Thanks for sharing, Wendy. I'm gonna be smiling all night.

Barbara http://chocolate-moose.p5.org.uk/MINIS/waytogo.gif

swift 09-16-2006 03:04 AM

Wow - Langan's walking so well (and she's really grown since I last saw a photo of her).

xxx
Swift

kathleenandjoe 09-16-2006 04:50 AM

Absolutely Perfect.

Congratulations all around. Mom - you've got a long-awaited, new ballgame beginning here. Have a blast!

xo Kathleen and Becca

Mangosmom 09-16-2006 06:26 AM

What a beautiful sight. Congrats Langan. Congrats Mom.

Carrie.

RathyKay 09-16-2006 01:08 PM

Wow! She looks good! And, she doesn't have that chubby baby look that I remember from your old avatar. She's growing up. How did that happen?

wheeliegirl1988 09-16-2006 05:15 PM

YAY!! Go Langan that is great!!

Dented Angel 09-17-2006 01:24 AM

Well, this is enough to make me post! Way to go, Langan!

Hugs from KY!

Dented Angel/Lisa

firewing5204 09-17-2006 01:27 PM

YEAH LANGAN!!!!!!:D :D Wendy, how proud you must be. Langan looks so big in the video, she is really growing up isn't she?

jjbeck 09-17-2006 07:40 PM

Wow! Very cool. Go Langan GO! :D

We will have to give those Hatchbacks a try.

lauren'smom 09-17-2006 09:31 PM

Came back for another cry....Langan is doing so well, makes ME proud, so I can just imagine how proud YOU are Wendy....your girl has come so far!!!!!

Hugs & Love,

Debi & Lauren

Mangosmom 09-18-2006 12:53 AM

Amanda has had her Hatchbacks for about 2 weeks now. We are gonna get her the mary janes for christmas. I didn't really care for the look when we first got them, but they are soooo much easier to get into that I forgive the look. LOL. Anyway I just came back through to say how great she looks. Go Langan!!!

langansmom 09-20-2006 01:45 PM

Thanks, everyone, for the wonderful comments and encouragement. This is such an exciting time for us! We waited 4 years for it so we are enjoying every second.

Her walking has improved dramatically even since last week. She is much more stable and confident- probably b/c at school they make her walk everywhere now. Now, whenever she has a choice of cruising a piece of furniture and then walking a few steps to reach something or just letting go and walking all the way, she is choosing to let go more and more. I love it! I'll have to get more video as she continues to toddle around.

Thanks again! It means so much to share this little miracle with people who know the journey we have been taking.

(((hugs)))

Busymommie 09-20-2006 03:14 PM

If I have not posted about Langans walking yet, please forgive me, if I have then I forgot and will do it again. I have been a little bit self absorbed the last little bit.

I was so excited to hear about her steps, and brought to tears remembering Rileys first unsteady steps at 2 years old. This is so major, she has worked hard for it.. .

GO Langan!

Carly'sMaMa 09-22-2006 03:14 PM

Hi Wendy!

So much has happened in such a short time. Fantastic job, Langan!

PaulaScott 09-22-2006 09:08 PM

Wow, that is just beautiful! When did she get so big?

just laurie 09-26-2006 08:06 AM

What a great video to greet me when I finally found this place again!

Laurie

Sammy's mother 09-26-2006 10:04 AM

A "milestone" doesn't even begin to describe this achievement..... Well done Langan!!!

Heather 09-26-2006 06:54 PM

That was wnderful to actually see Langan walking! Thanks Wendy

lilysmom 09-27-2006 02:39 PM

you know i keep that email and watch it all the time, i LOVE watching it!
i esp love your laugh at the end. makes my mommy heart bounce around!
luv you guys!

Chasesmom 09-28-2006 06:29 PM

OMG - I can't believe it!! That's totally freaking awesome!!! How exciting !!!

Dana - Chase's mommy

jccgf 09-29-2006 06:25 PM

Big smile :D (and some happy tears, too!). I keep an eye on Langan from a distance ever since I saw that first adorable picture of her. I'm glad I stopped by and saw this!

Super news!

Cara