NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Sanctuary for Spiritual Support (https://www.neurotalk.org/sanctuary-for-spiritual-support/)
-   -   SandyC & Her Mom need our prayers . . . (https://www.neurotalk.org/sanctuary-for-spiritual-support/93898-sandyc-mom-prayers.html)

tkrik 07-15-2009 08:20 PM

SandyC & Her Mom need our prayers . . .

Sandy just called me to let me know that her mom is in the ICU. She started to have a seizure and didn't stop. They put her in a drug induced coma to give her a rest.

Please keep Sandy's mom and Sandy and her family in your prayers.

Sandy doesn't get internet where she is at but will call me tomorrow to let me know how her mom is doing and how well she is recovering.

Big hugs and prayers to you Sandy!:hug:

Chemar 07-15-2009 09:15 PM

praying for your mom and you ((((Sandy))))

ewizabeth 07-15-2009 09:24 PM

I'll keep Sandy and her Mom in my prayers. Thanks for letting us know. :hug:

Abbie 07-15-2009 10:25 PM

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...gupprayers.jpg

Kitty 07-15-2009 10:42 PM

Praying for your Mom, Sandy, and for you, too. :hug:

TwoKidsTwoCats 07-15-2009 11:14 PM

Sandy, your mom will be in my prayers. :hug: I know this was suppose to be a fun time for the family... all will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Twinkletoes 07-15-2009 11:34 PM

Wow, that's scary. :( Sandy, praying for you and your dear Mom. :hug:

Jomar 07-16-2009 01:16 AM

Prayers for Sandy and her family :grouphug::grouphug:

Darlene 07-16-2009 01:23 AM

Sandy, you and your family are in my prayers and thoughts.:hug:

Kitty 07-16-2009 05:16 AM

I hope things have improved overnight for your Mom, Sandy. :hug:

Alffe 07-16-2009 06:25 AM

Sending prayers and positive thoughts to Sandy and her mom. :grouphug:

soxmom 07-16-2009 06:48 AM

sending out love and prayers to you and your mom Sandy.:hug::hug:I
hope they see an improvement soon.:hug:

DejaVu 07-16-2009 07:45 PM

Sandy,
Offering prayers and healing thoughts for you and your Mom.

:hug:(((((( Sandy and Mother))))))):hug:

May you each feel engulfed in divine love, peace and comfort.
May your Mom's doctors/caregivers recieve divine direction in caring for your Mom!

Healing Hugs~:hug::grouphug::hug:

Friend2U 07-16-2009 08:20 PM

Hugs and prayers! :hug:

tkrik 07-16-2009 09:38 PM

I received the following txt from Sandy . . .

"Just coming back from the hospital. She is awake and out of ICU. She is very confused and we are hoping it's from the sedation and not the seizures. They are expecting to discharge her tomorrow if she isn't confused."

Please continue to keep them all in your prayers. All of your prayers are greatly appreciated.

Koala77 07-16-2009 10:02 PM

Thank you for the update Trish. I'm keeping them both in my thoughts and prayers.

Abbie 07-16-2009 11:32 PM

Thanks for letting us know!!!

Continued prayers going up...

:smileypray:
Abbie

tkrik 07-18-2009 02:58 PM

I talked to Sandy today and her mom is out of the hospital. Sandy's sister is taking her home with her. Sandy and Jim are on their way home from TN and she will update when she gets home.

Again, thank you all for your prayers. I know she greatly appreciates them.

CoolAngel26 07-18-2009 03:04 PM

I'm praying for you guys...Love,Kristin

Sorry,haven't been around much lately,I'll post an update on our family later...

SandyC 07-19-2009 10:44 AM

Hi everyone. Thank you so much for the prayers. Wednesday mom woke up feeling fine and made all of us breakfast. It was about an hour after that that she became confused and agitated. We weren't sure if she had a seizure or if she took too many pills so we watched her closely for about an hour. She was sitting on the porch when she started twitching and couldn't come out of the seizure like before. During this time she was able to walk with help. We loaded her into the car and tried to take her to the er. It wasn't a grand-mal seizure, it was a tremor seizure. I think the hospital called it status seizures.

We couldn't get through the tourist traffic so we pulled over and called an ambulance. She was able to help get out of the car and onto the gurney while seizing. I rode in the ambulance with mom. They got her to the hospital and gave her Ativan and Dilantin and she was still seizing. It was then they decided to transport her to Knoxville. She seized from 12:10pm-8pm nonstop. They had to place her into a coma to shut the brain off. It was unreal and like a dream. I never thought I'd have to sign papers to do this. They believe it was low Dilantin since it was down to 3, with normal being about 10. Her neuro was weening her off the Dilantin and upping her Keppra at the time.

Mom is now home with my sister and recovering. She is having a hard time remembering anything and we're concerned there may have been damage. She has moments of clarity but it is sketchy. She doesn't remember yesterday and has to be prompted to recall some things. The doctors said this is normal but they don't know her like we do. Usually she bounces back within a day or so and this time she isn't. We're calling her neuro in the morning to get her in for an appointment. I am sure he'll fill us in on what is expected to happen and if she needs 24 hour care and for how long. She developed pneumonia on top of this due to the seizures and coma and is on antibiotics for that. This was a really long seizure so none of us know what to expect and what is normal for recovery.

Thanks again for all of the prayers. The whole family is grateful to have so many praying for our mom. Trish, thank you for updating for us. :hug:

Kitty 07-19-2009 10:47 AM

Wow, Sandy....what an ordeal. :( I know you're glad to be home but worried about your Mom. Please keep us updated on her condition. You're all still in my daily prayers. Guess you need a vacation after that vacation. :rolleyes:

DejaVu 07-21-2009 09:29 PM

(((Sandy, Mom and Family!)))
Still offering on your behalf!:hug: :grouphug:

Alffe 07-21-2009 09:46 PM

Sandy, sending prayers for your dear mother...it's so hard to travel unknown "territory"....:grouphug:

SandyC 07-22-2009 12:35 PM

There are two threads going so I will copy what I wrote today from the other thread: http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread93899-5.html

Mom went out last night with her friend James. He took her out to dinner and she said it wore her out. She seems like she is doing pretty good but admits she is weak. She still wants to go home because she said she can heal better there but she knows she can't until she sees the doctor next week.

She is definitely going to need a calender and big clock so she can remember what day and time it is. Shoot, I need that and have it on my fridge. LOL She said if she had these things it would help her keep up with the appointments she has. So, I am off to find a large calender and clock for her. If the doctor says she cannot live alone she will be coming up by me most likely. We'll cross that bridge when we get there. I have her brother living up here and my older brother who can help out if Jim gets sick or something.

Her neuro appointment is next Tuesday or Wednesday and I will update more then. Thanks again for all the prayers and well wishes. I still cannot wrap my head around all that happened. :hug:

SandyC 07-23-2009 09:55 AM

Mom is going home, she is insisting on it. I don't agree with it and told her that. She is now saying her brain is messed up because I signed the papers to place her in an induced coma. Yea for me! Ugh. She has no clue what her body went through because she doesn't remember it. I told her if we didn't place her into a coma she would be dead or a vegetable. She said maybe that would have been best. :-(

We cannot legally keep her without her will. I begged her to wait until next week after seeing the doctor and she said no. I'll update later.

SandyC 07-23-2009 11:09 AM

We talked to the doctor's nurse and she said she can go home as long as she has neighbors who can check on her. She lives in an assisted living apartment and they do check if they don't see her. We are also going to talk to the doctor about getting her a nurse in everyday to make sure she is taking her meds at least for the first couple of weeks. Wish us luck. I am sick to my stomach over the whole thing.

Koala77 07-24-2009 11:40 PM

Thank you for keeping us up to date Sandy. I do hope she's doing OK now that she's home. Keeping your family in my prayers. :hug:

SandyC 07-25-2009 03:22 PM

Mom is still confused and is forgetting things. She's out and about but depressed. Her friend died yesterday from cancer unexpected. She's going to her friend Judy's benefit tonight. She has cancer too. :-(

sabimax 07-25-2009 03:37 PM

ahhhhhhhh BIG HUGSSS SANDY, I know what it is like to have a parent with memory stuff going on... my dad memory is still shot to heck....

sorry she wanted to go home, hard when far away I bet, my love and hugs and prayers are with you and your family..hugss,sarah

DejaVu 07-26-2009 09:19 PM

Sandy, I am limited in my response just now, suffice to say I am remembering you and yours in mythoughts and prayers.:hug:

Keep the faith!!!

DM 07-27-2009 03:38 PM

Keeping your Mother in my prayers. She's proven she's tough, but it's hard watching them struggle when wer'e so used to seeing our parent's strong and taking care of themselves. Take care.
http://dl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1...p8u4gkz28d.gif

who moi 07-28-2009 07:21 AM

Sandy, your mom will be in our thoughts and as always, you and jim as well...

hoping all this will dissipate soon and that the resolve will happen much sooner than later for you guys...(((BIG HUGS)))

SandyC 07-29-2009 04:41 PM

Well, the doctor said mom is OK and everything she is going through is normal. I don't care for him, he doesn't know her like we do. :mad:

He gave her a script for meds to keep her calm and a shot for something in her head for headaches she's been having. He thinks she hit her head at the cabin or during the seizure. I will admit I heard a thump when she went to the bathroom before the seizure and had my brother run in to check on her so that is a possibility.

He doesn't think her low Dilantin caused the seizure and admits he doesn't know what did. He was angry that her PCP said they didn't know about her weening off the seizure meds. Everyone else, including the neuro in Knoxville is convinced it was the low levels. Anyway, he has her set up for an EEG Friday and blood work. Oh, and she can live alone. :rolleyes:

I hate living so far away.

Alffe 07-29-2009 05:41 PM

How frustrating! I'm a firm believer in trusting our instincts. :hug:

soxmom 07-29-2009 06:18 PM

it must be so hard to be so far away right now.:hug::hug::hug:s to
you and I am praying that everything will be allright!

ewizabeth 07-29-2009 08:49 PM

I'm so sorry Sandy. :( I went through the same thing with my Mom when she had early Alzheimer's symptoms and lived alone. I'm keeping you all in my prayers. :hug:

Friend2U 07-30-2009 12:55 PM

Sandy, You are still in my prayers. I know it's kinda a helpless feeling to be so far away. I hope comfort finds you! :hug:

Doody 07-30-2009 08:14 PM

(((Sandy))) Keeping you and your family in my prayers. :hug:

SandyC 07-31-2009 01:59 PM

Today my mom seems very down. The bills are starting to roll in and she's not able to make sense of them. I can't since I am not there and my sister is at an appointment for herself. I told mom to try and call the company she has a bill from and give them her insurance information and she says she can't see. She said we messed something up when we got to the hospital. She made the comment she should just take a gun and shoot herself. This isn't the first time she's mentioned offing herself since she got sick. Thank God there are no guns in her possession. I hope she's just blowing off steam. I did mention to her if she keeps talking like that I am going to request a psych eval and she said go ahead.

I honestly think she needs one. I am waiting for sis to get home to call the neuro. He needs to know she is talking like this. Keep praying please.

Alffe 07-31-2009 02:11 PM

We absoluely dreaded the day when we had to just step in and say, no...this is what is going to happen. When the child becomes the parent..and the parent knows what's happening it's so hard!! but so necessary. In the long run, both sets of our parents appreciated being relieved of the responsibility for their well being...they needed it to happen. giving up driving was the first to go....It's a struggle I don't envy you Sandy. :hug: You are the better judge of when this needs to happen.