NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Spinal Disorders & Back Pain (https://www.neurotalk.org/spinal-disorders-and-back-pain/)
-   -   one week post-op (https://www.neurotalk.org/spinal-disorders-and-back-pain/13959-week-post-op.html)

printerhead 02-21-2007 01:21 PM

one week post-op

Hi Guys!!
Thank you all for your prayers and support! I truly believe they made the difference! I still have minor muscle spasms between my shoulder blades, and some difficulty swallowing, but other than that, I am doing excellent. The strips came off the incision yesterday, and it looks great. This morning, I went out and drove my jeep around town for a half hour or so, and no problems at all. My range of motion is good.

Thanks again for everything,
I will continue to post here if it's alright with you.:D
Dave

ACDF C5/6 6/7...cages and plate

ncdude 02-21-2007 01:51 PM

Printerhead-

Don't over do it!! I know we all are warned about that, but I don't know anyone who hasn't over done it. :D

For the spasms, you might ask for Flexeril or Skelaxin.

joe

printerhead 02-21-2007 02:21 PM

Thanks Joe,

I have been on flexeril for spasms. As far as over-doing it, I am being careful. I am still not going back to work for at least 2 weeks, and am very careful about lifting.

Thanks for your concern,
Dave

OhioGolfer 02-21-2007 06:17 PM

Great to see you doing so well after only 1 week!!! The spasms are kicking my butt right now (well, shoulders and back, actually). 3 more weeks before I learn if I am allowed to drive. Good for you! Seriously, having had several days where I have overshot on activity, don't go there.

Jeff

printerhead 02-21-2007 06:28 PM

Hi Jeff!

After driving today, and some other activities, I am finding my spasms are actually decreasing. after a 2 level fusion, I think this is a bit strange, but I really feel great! Maybe I am just one of the 2 percent or so that take this well? who knows...I had hernia surgery 8 years ago, and could barely function after 2 weeks! For some reason, after the first 2 days post-op..this has been a breeze.

Hope you all get better soon!
Dave

OhioGolfer 02-21-2007 07:01 PM

LOL -- I had hernia surgery 5 years ago for both sides at once and played 18 holes 9 days later. Go figure . . .

Jeff

Kathi49 02-21-2007 09:33 PM

Printerhead,

I am glad you feel so great!!! :)

But please listen for just a minute. I have had two cervical fusions. And, yes, there was always a "Honeymoon" period for me. I said the same things you are saying now. Ncdude is right. As you start fusing, the levels above and below will start taking up the torque...so, be careful!!! I had my last fusion done in September and I was doing so well. But, just this past month all I did was to push the vaccum and BAM! The spasms are horrible right now. I don't mean to sound like a naysayer. Maybe you will be just fine and I really do wish you well. But just about everyone I have talked to has overdone it at one time. Hang in there...and once again...be careful. :)

~KELLWANTSANSWERS~ 02-22-2007 09:09 AM

I'm glad to hear your doiung so well:)
I hope you continue to recover rapidly!
Take care~

printerhead 02-22-2007 09:26 AM

Thanks guys!

I don't know if this is the reason or not, but my neuro said I don't need to wait for the fusion since no bone was used. He said the cages will eventually fuse, but the mechanical support is more than adequate in the meantime.. I hope he is right, because I feel pretty good right now. :)