NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   I'm insane, but loving it (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/34911-im-insane-loving.html)

greta 12-29-2007 10:49 PM

I'm insane, but loving it

In addition to my normal zoo of 2 greyhounds and a pug, I'm dogsitting for 2 pugs and a greyhound through new year's day. I've been watching those shows on TLC about families with 12 kids and now I understand why - I was preparing myself. I find myself counting all the dogs to make sure that they are all inside and accounted for, and not getting into trouble! It's taking me about 3 tries to call any of them by the right name (now I understand what my mom went through!) Today is only day 1. I'm not sure how I'm going to fall asleep with a bedfull of snoring puggies and a greyhound to boot!

We went walking earlier and I swear, neighbors were stopping their cars and getting out to laugh at me. I'm walking them in groups of three but even that's a funny sight. It sounded like I was walking a bunch of snorting pigs. I can actually hear them snoring in the other room right now! I'll have to take a pic of this group, but I'll need DH to help. He won't be home until tomorrow morning, so I'm on my own for now. Wish me luck!

AfterMyNap 12-29-2007 10:55 PM

*shaking head*

I always knew the girl wasn't quite right!

LOL, Gretata, have you LOST YOUR MIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNDD?????:D:D

Do you own a sled? This may be a good opportunity to try something new.;)

Good to see you again! I've missed ya'

SallyC 12-29-2007 11:25 PM

Oh, what fun.. You are nuts, of course, but that makes it easier..LOL. Can't wait to see a picture of this crowd.:eek:

I missed ya too, ya little rascal.

Taffy 12-29-2007 11:39 PM

Help me to understand Greta...You have 6 dogs under your roof right now? I like dogs, but you have 6 freak'n dogs running and playing in your house? You must be St. Greta.

Nappy, how do you care for doggies?

Don't let the little brats tire you out Gret!

tovaxin_lab_rat 12-29-2007 11:40 PM

greta.....

hi.

azoyizes 12-30-2007 09:38 AM

Hi Greta! You are amazing! I can't imagine taking care of six dogs at once. Wow! :):)

HSPCraig 12-30-2007 12:18 PM

:) Hi Greta,

OK! I know what's on your mind right now, "WHAT THE HECK WAS I THINKING!" :eek:

You have got to keep us informed daily on your experiences with this herd of "domesticated?" animals.

This could be the bright spot in my upcoming days. :rolleyes:

AfterMyNap 12-30-2007 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taffy (Post 181250)
Nappy, how do you care for doggies?

Well, fortunately, they're animals and can live outdoors.

DM 12-30-2007 02:40 PM

You ARE crazy Gretata~~~ Pugs make so much noise when they sleep.. they are grunters. *making note of who to call when I go on vacation*

I even have a doggie stroller. It's so cool; it came from a company called Kittywalk and it's made for poochies. It resembles a baby stroller, but zips shut so they can't escape. Mine holds both my doxies. You'd have to push 3 of them Gret!!! ha

Now, that would make a good pic.

Snoopy 12-30-2007 02:51 PM

I am soooo jealous! I would love having 6 dogs running around - so much fun! The only thing that would worry me - dog fights. We had 3 dogs at one time and arguments happened but usually resolved without anyone getting hurt.

Have fun, Greta and enjoy!