NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Community & Forum Feedback (https://www.neurotalk.org/community-and-forum-feedback/)
-   -   Why Change the Forum ? (https://www.neurotalk.org/community-and-forum-feedback/108318-change-forum.html)

finz 11-18-2009 04:01 AM

Why Change the Forum ?

This seems like a strage change to add job loss to the WC forum. This forum has not been about the financial hardship of job loss or how to find a new job, it's been about dealing with WC insurance because of job related injuries.

Why was the forum title changed ?

Chemar 11-18-2009 10:57 AM

Hi Finz

as this is DocJohn's site, he is at liberty to name the forums as he feels appropriate.

I would imagine that the change in name reflects the broader need in this current economy, and IMO does not detract from anything related to workers comp, just adds an extra focus for those in poor health who have to deal with unemployment

should you have any specific concerns I would suggest you PM him about them

thanks

finz 11-18-2009 03:56 PM

Sorry.....absolutely not questioning the rights of NT owner's and staff to make changes, I agree totally it's their site.

I am questioning the logic of randonly adding 'job loss' issues to the 'injured at work and having trouble dealing with the insurance company' forum. Those that are dealing with job loss in these tough times are not dealing with the WC insurance system. It doesn't add extra focus, it adds a totally new and unrelated focus. The WC forum has traditionally had little to do with actual employment. It has been all about dealing with the insurance process.

Chemar 11-18-2009 04:14 PM

Hi finz

as I mentioned above, if you have specific concerns I would suggest you PM DocJohn. If you feel a subforum for unemployed/laid off topics would be better, you could make that suggestion

I personally dont see a problem with broadening the scope of the forum to include the many facing the anguish of being laid off and job hunting, especially those with illness or injury

Jomar 11-18-2009 07:33 PM

We try to limit our list of forums by grouping similar topics/conditions. It's so we don't end up with a long list of forum topics that are not used.

The new topics are somewhat related I think, because much of it has to do with going though the "system" and learning about the state laws that apply.

finz 11-18-2009 10:59 PM

Chemar,

How does one pm DocJohn ?

finz 11-18-2009 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo*mar (Post 591016)
We try to limit our list of forums by grouping similar topics/conditions. It's so we don't end up with a long list of forum topics that are not used.

The new topics are somewhat related I think, because much of it has to do with going though the "system" and learning about the state laws that apply.

Jomar,

That's what doesn't make sense to me. What state laws that pertain to layoffs pertain to people on WC ? The 2 groups aren't using the same 'systems.'

Koala77 11-19-2009 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finz (Post 591099)
......How does one pm DocJohn ?

Here's Doc's home page. : http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/member.php?u=1

Top left, under his name you'll see Administator, then: Send Message.

Click that, and you'll get two options.

Choose the second option, which is Send a Private Message to Doc John.

Click that and start sending your message!

I hope that helps.

finz 11-19-2009 12:27 AM

Thanks Koala !

Jomar 11-19-2009 12:52 AM

In Oregon wc, unemployment/layoffs fall under state jurisdiction, different departments- yes, but still state and not federal control.
Maybe other states are different.

That is what I meant by similar, going to the state website for the laws/rules/help regarding which area you are looking for info about.

And then asking here for whichever topic you have questions about.

If the thread title states what the question is regarding - layoffs, unemployment or w/c - if someone is not interested in that topic they can skip over it.