NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   Exhausted, angry, and afraid to sleep (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/113116-exhausted-angry-afraid-sleep.html)

Mari 01-26-2010 02:35 AM

Exhausted, angry, and afraid to sleep

Hi,

I left work early today (Monday) because I only had 3 hours of sleep the night before and was too sleepy to function. I'm not going into work on Tuesday either because I am sooooo worn out from lack of sleep.

I've been in treatment for sleep and bipolar since 1988. I wish I could get some help sometime soon about sleep.

Maybe this decade would be nice!!!

M.

bizi 01-26-2010 10:07 AM

I hope you get caught up in your sleep today.
I wish sleep were easier for you...it must be so frustrating.
((((HUGS))))
bizi

Isis 01-26-2010 01:37 PM

Mari, I had that problem for years. Medications sometimes helped, but mostly didn't. My pdoc is the no benzo, no sleep-aid kind of a man, so there was no encouragement from him to try anything specific.
Fortunately for me a muscle relaxant that I have been prescribed for lupus has helped. For the last couple of months that I've been on it, I've slept well.
Let me see - I know you must have tried a whole lot of stuff - maybe I could dig something up?
What kind of sleep-aids have you tried?
:hug:

Mari 01-26-2010 03:11 PM

I slept from 6:00 am to 3:00 pm

Hi,

I slept today.
I just woke up and feel ok now.
M.

Isis 01-27-2010 12:25 AM

Oh Good!

That is terrific Mari!

I, on the other hand, slept badly. :D

But that's OK. I can catch a nap whenever. I am lucky that I mostly don't have the pressure of having to watch the clock.

Hope your sleep better from now Mari and I hope that is not wishful thinking!

Mari 01-27-2010 02:01 AM

Dear Isis,

I'm avoiding bed again right now even though I have been sleepy for several hours.

I don't know how to fix this.

M.

Brokenfriend 01-27-2010 05:26 AM

I'm sorry Mari that you've had these problems for so long. I hope that you have a better decade. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Isis 01-27-2010 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mari (Post 614836)
[B]

I'm avoiding bed again right now even though I have been sleepy for several hours.

I don't know how to fix this.

M.

I totally identify with your fear of going to bed. I have spent many nights feeling exactly that. Very difficult to suggest anything 'though. Particularly since you have to go to work in the morning.
Does reading help? I find most TV programes keep me up - light, noise - too stimulating. Deep breathing? Have you tried a sleep clinic?

Dmom3005 01-27-2010 08:55 AM

Mari
I think you are doing everything you can to overcome this.
Just keep working on it.

Donna

BlueMajo 01-27-2010 10:33 PM

Oh ! sleep problems are terrible !!!

I really hate myself when I cant sleep !!

Mari, have you tried B-complex ?? Those pills make me sleep like baby !!! :o