NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Dialated pupil... should I call doc about it? (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/145418-dialated-pupil-call-doc.html)

legzzalot 02-22-2011 09:56 AM

Dialated pupil... should I call doc about it?

So they have me on a slew of meds. I have noticed that since switching sleeping meds, besides not sleeping, my pupil in my right eye stays bigger than the left.

I thought I was going nuts so I didn't say anything. Then DD noticed it this morning and told me my eyes look weird. one side is darker than the other. she points to the right eye. Then the man woke up and we were talking and he said something about it too.

It could be the lunesta, or the lexapro, or the morphine, or a side effect of the mixture. It doesn't hurt, I have noticed I am more sensative to bright light, but aside from that no other issues.

Should I let doc know about this or wait til my appt next month?

Erin524 02-22-2011 11:16 AM

I'd call the eye doctor if it were me.

Debbie D 02-22-2011 12:04 PM

That would be a definite yes, dear...your pupil is nonreactive, so something is amiss. Call and let us know what the doc says...:hug:

Erin524 02-22-2011 02:46 PM

If it were a symptom that involved a hand or leg, or was numbness, I'd wait, but for the eyes, I always consider anything messing with my vision to be an emergency.

You only get two eyes, and they cant make replacements yet, so I would get thy butt to thy eye doctor. (ok, I was reading Shakespeare this morning)

Blessings2You 02-22-2011 03:43 PM

Um. I hope by now you've contacted a doctor, and will let us know how you're doing!

clarkstar 02-22-2011 03:46 PM

could be something serious, i'd go to the er if i were you, or you were a loved one. and, as an anonymous member of the neurotalk family, i urge you to at the very least call to discuss it with your dr. :hug:

Dejibo 02-22-2011 04:11 PM

pick up the phone, make the call. Better to be embarrassed and be able to see then late and blind. :hug:

tkrik 02-22-2011 04:29 PM

I wouldn't hesitate to call the dr and discuss it with him/her. Something is amiss and needs to be checked out. In the meantime, keep a patch or something over that eye or even sunglasses to protect it from the light. Think of going to the eye dr and having them dilate your eyes to look in them. They always have you wear dark sunglasses/shade things when you leave. They do that for a reason - to protect your eyes. Just something to keep in mind.

Please check in when you can and let us know how you are doing.:hug:

snookie12303 02-22-2011 05:59 PM

you should contact your primary right away. a problem with your pupil is a sign of a serious problem. please let us know what happens. good luck. and yes you should wear sunglasses to protect your eyes until dr. checks you out.

legzzalot 02-22-2011 09:38 PM

doc says.... this is a common issue with morphine though they tend to see it more in both eyes and not just one. He also asked if I was fighting the usual monthly sinus crap from tysabri, I said yes. he asked if my head was clogged more on one side, i said yes, the right eye. it's still responsive, it just stays bigger then the other side but it still gets bigger/smaller. He called in nasal spray and antibiotic for sinus thing and says if the eye begins to hurt or my vision goes wonky, to call him back and he will force the neuro-opthom to squeeze me in.

So for now, i am told to leave it alone.