NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   Headaches~ (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/36352-headaches.html)

bhaag 01-17-2008 10:07 AM

Headaches~

Hi my name is Erica, I have been dealing with headaches for a year now.:( I have tried EVERYTHING under the sun. I am now taking Lyrica it is different it helps somewhat. I am also taking pain meds that dont help my pain. I dont know what to do or think anymore.
I am young or at least I think so. LOL!!!! I am married and have three children!
Can anyone help me!
I have an appt tomorrow with my Nureo.:p

Alffe 01-17-2008 10:22 AM

Hi Erica and welcome to Neuro Talk. Here is the link to our Headache Forum..

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/forum32.html

And good luck with tomorrows appointment. :)

DM 01-17-2008 01:45 PM

Hi and another Welcome to NT here. I feel so bad for anyone who suffer's from severe headaches. My DD has for yrs, and finally went to a Neuro. She is currently undergoing tests, but he put her on Topamax, which seems to be decreasing them.

Good luck and am glad you found us...:welcome_sign:

bhaag 01-17-2008 03:42 PM

I am so glad I stumbled across this website it has been very useful! I tried Topamax it didnt work for me I have tried a lot of prevenitives. We will see what Lyrica will do for me as for now I dont know what to think of the side effects I am currently dealing with.
Thanks!

rebekah_wilson5479 01-17-2008 04:58 PM

Erica- I too suffer from headaches, debilitating ones. I finally got some Imitrex which helps with teh onset and Aleve complements this. YOu should ask about Imitrex or Maxalt. They work wonders. But they dont stop them. I personally have gotten an IUD to help control my hormones and this has immensly helped with the intensity of them and I have fewer. YOu should check that out, ot even just change birth control if you are on it or get on it if you are not on it.

I have 2 small children, and when one hits, Im gone. Im in my room, no noise, no light, I just wince in pain for a good 24hrs until I either go to the ER or my husband somehow gets them to go away with massage to my neck and head. So I am right with you when I know how you feel.

Try my suggests or atleast ask around. I know they have helpd me. I also know that COenzyme Q10 helps if you can get a hold of that. I read a study done about how it lessens migraines. So I have been trying that too, plus it gives me more energy.

Hope I helped.

Becky

watsonsh 01-17-2008 06:09 PM

Ooooo be careful with the Lyrica. I was on it and gained like 20 lbs in a couple months.

Not sure what it does for migraines but it slows down all the nerve impulses .

And it seriously affects your sugar and insulin levels thats why it was originally a medication for diabetic neuropathy.

It did help my nerve pain but the trade-offs were too great.

bhaag 01-17-2008 07:48 PM

I am currently taking imitrex or relpax I go back and forth between them.
Yeah I am not liking the Lyrica I notice I eat alot more. Also not liking these side effects at all. WEll my appt is tomorrow morning and we will see what my out come is.
I have been to the ER so many times to have them help relieve the pain I am in.

Darlene 01-18-2008 01:39 AM

Erica,

Hello and welcome to NeuroTalk. Great to see you have come to be with us. You will find a great number of caring, supporting members here willing to help each other as they can.

Let us know the out come at the doctor.

Again welcome, looking forward to seeing you around.

Darlene
:hug:

msarah 03-30-2008 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhaag (Post 188206)
Hi my name is Erica, I have been dealing with headaches for a year now.:( I have tried EVERYTHING under the sun. I am now taking Lyrica it is different it helps somewhat. I am also taking pain meds that dont help my pain. I dont know what to do or think anymore.
I am young or at least I think so. LOL!!!! I am married and have three children!
Can anyone help me!
I have an appt tomorrow with my Nureo.:p

erica- have you had your eyes checked recently, or an mri? where is the pain in your head

BethD. 02-11-2009 02:54 PM

Hi, Erica.

Hi, Erica. I am new to NT, but I understand chronic daily headaches...Have had them over 7 yrs. Ask your Doc about some sort of daily pain meds. Avinza, Kadian helped me awhile, in the early yrs. God bless you! I feel your frustration. :) BethD.