NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Survivors of Suicide (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/)
-   -   What's on your plate? (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/149502-whats-plate.html)

Alffe 05-03-2011 11:08 AM

What's on your plate?

I was thrilled to have a red headed woodpecker at the suet yesterday and today the orioles are back! Two of them in the apple tree and at the orange slices....got to get more grape jelly..jeesh, I just returned from the store, wish I had seen them before I went.

Saw two women shouting in one of the aisles about the price of groceries and the cost of gasoline..I think they were complete strangers, in complete agreement, and trying to out shock each other. :o

Addy 05-03-2011 11:34 AM

I have never seen a red headed woodpecker... I have seen a woodpecker, tho :)

Yesterday was spent here with my lovely little Grand-Addy... rained all day... ha ha... but was it ever full of fun and love!!

Today the sun shines again! Murphy's law, eh!

I wonder (ok, not the wonder thread but its coming out of my fingertips anyway)... how Doody is really doing... and if she ever got my Facebook email? Doodysis... this is a shout-out... how are you doing?!!! and have you made a decision about a possible move?

My plate today - tidy up the chaos from the Grand-Addy visit...

Book a bed and breakfast for part of our (Grand-Addy, her mommy and me) camping trip this summer.

Get out and walk ... mail and groceries.... all good

Doody 05-03-2011 06:34 PM

I'm dealing! Had my weekly therapy session with Maura. I look forward to them because we cover a lot of ground. She gives me reading material. Today she loaned me The Worry Trap. :o

I'm okay Addy. Still recovering from the very deep depression of the first couple of months this year. And trying to learn how to avoid falling in that really deep pit again. Though I know the depression has been a major part of my life, I have to learn how to avoid these really major periods because they almost do me in and inevitably lead to suicidal thoughts!

Otherwise, today I gave my daughter a ride to see Maura as well. LOL yes, it's all in the family, but...I'm so glad she is seeing Maura on a regular basis now and it's starting to help. She too was on the 'brink'.

I did manage some time at one of the local parks with Bruna. She had fun sniffing around and chewing on some tasty bits of grass. :rolleyes:

tied 05-04-2011 10:38 PM

Mulberries and maggots

The birds are eating mulberries in my yard. The baby birds are vulnerable even to my old dog. He has killed one and I put it in the trash. The trash developed maggots. I washed the maggots out in the yard and now the birds are eating maggots. The cycle of life.

FeelinGoofy 05-05-2011 09:53 AM

making it through this week. between the anniversary of my dads death and mothers day this is a very hard week for me. :(

barbo 05-05-2011 10:00 AM

Goofy

((((((((Goofy))))))))

Wren 05-09-2011 08:43 PM

Hey - I NEED to see people talking :o
If you won't - I will.
I've been baking cookies - LOTS of cookies and I was just givem this new-to-me recipe. They're the very best cookies I've ever tasted.

Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookies with Pecans and Cranberries
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups rolled oars ( old fashioned or quick...not instant)
1 cup pecans chopped
1 cup dried cranberries or dried cherries, chopped coarse
4 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped into chunks or 1/2 bag dark chocolate chips12 Tablespoons butter, softened (1 1/2 sticks)
1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar, packed
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
Adjust oven rack to middle position; Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl. In second bowl, stir together oats, pecans, cranberries and chocolate.
In standing mixer fitted witih flat beater, beat butter and sugar at medium speed until no sugar lumps remain, about 1 min. Scrape down sides of bowl witih rubber spatula; add egg and vanilla and beat on medium speed until fully incorporated, about 30 sec. Scrape down bowl.
With mixer running on low gradually add flour mixture; mix until just combined, about 30 sec. With mixer still running on low gradually add oat/nut mixture until just incorporated. Give dough a final stir with rubber spatula to insure no flour pockets remain and ingredients are evenly distributed.
Roll dough into balls 1 1/2" . slightly flatten with hands on baking sheets to 1" thickness.
Bake for about 12 min. Do not overbake.
Cool cookies on baking sheets on wire rack for 5 min. Using wide spatula, transfer cookies to wire rack and cool to room temp.

tied 05-09-2011 09:34 PM

Farewell My Subaru

(((((((((Goofy)))))))))) I am missing my two moms too. My Dad has agreed to be mother and father so I have made him beans to celebrate.

I have just finished this book that really had an impact. I am resolving to be more green and not just talk about it. If we ever have rain again in Texas I am resolving to make some kind of storage for it. A cistern perhaps. With that and a drip irrigation system I look forward to locally grown produce.

Alffe 05-10-2011 05:46 AM

I'm looking forward to our former Paster Dan and his wife coming for lunch today. How I wish they would move back here and start a new church.

Making sweet potato (**** soup) for lunch and chicken salad w/green grapes. Trying a new dessert...wren those cookies sound wonderful but I'd have to make them w/dried cheeries. Tied, I really did laugh out loud at your water storage post but the drought you all are having is no laughing matter. Also thinking about that big old Mississippi river cresting.

I do thank God that my grandson and his family are safe in Alabama and got their power back.

So many birds here...one looked like a duck! Can't imagin what it was and only saw it once..the apple tree is in full bloom so that brings the orioles in...two pairs and nesting in the yard I think.

Goofy I am really enjoying the pictures on fb..thanks for sharing.

And dns....think about something else!

Hugs for the room...especially Tammi. :grouphug:

FeelinGoofy 05-10-2011 12:00 PM

I have the day off today..... having lunch with my wonderful husband then running errands this afternoon.... its a beautiful day outside. :) i might go to the duck pond and feed the ducks.... who knows.... :rolleyes: