NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   It occured to me today (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/37575-occured.html)

sugarboo 01-28-2008 09:08 PM

It occured to me today

While I was transcribing today (my first time...hehehe) it occured to me that my spine doctor may have the wrong idea about me.

One of the things I transcribed was a reference to the 'stoic patient that does not give enough information, while a hypochondriac will exagerate his problem"....

This got me thinking, and I hate it when I think :rolleyes:

It occurs to me that the spine doctor seemed totally interested in me before, and he knew from day one that I was being tested for MS. But now that I had a LP/BP, I think in HIS MIND, he thinks I'm a hypochondriac (Here sits this woman with everything known to man 'wrong' with her, she MUST be a hypochondriac).

I'm sorry, but this really tweeks my behind!

For about 8years I did not go to a doctor for any reason EXCEPT the two times I had vertigo. I was even bad not doing my yearly exams because I was getting abnormal pap's and they indicated 'it was no big deal'..so I got tired of them telling me the same stuff every year (I know, my bad).

So, when my body went numb last fall, I promised my husband I would look into every little thing that is wrong with me and either dx it, fix it, or get over it.

Now I think that 'dude' is my problem...HOW DARE HIM!!!

Am I being paranoid or does this make sense to you? Any advise on how I should go forward with this? I'm working myself up about this and could use some "it happened to me stories"....

Thanks a bunch!

SallyC 01-28-2008 09:16 PM

I think you should ask the Twerp, if he thinks you're a hypo. If he does then advise him that you want a new Doc...One who doesn't blame his inadaqacies on his patient.:rolleyes:

:hug:

Jodylee 01-28-2008 10:10 PM

Same as what Sally said, J! Sock it to 'em!

Kristi 01-28-2008 10:30 PM

Hi,greenjeans he's sounds like a nit wit,I would get a new spinal doctor.

tovaxin_lab_rat 01-28-2008 10:54 PM

Hey GJ --

Did you see the story on one of the news channels not too long ago about Cyberchondriacs?

Maybe you're not a Hypochondriac, but a Cyberchondriac, someone who diagnosis themselves via the internet! :eek:

Maybe you're just normal! ;)

lady_express_44 01-28-2008 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenjeans (Post 200298)
One of the things I transcribed was a reference to the 'stoic patient that does not give enough information, while a hypochondriac will exagerate his problem"....

Is this something you transcribed from your medical file . . . I'm confused? Did it actually say those words?

Cherie

sugarboo 01-29-2008 12:05 AM

:holysheep:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Av8rgirl (Post 200396)
Hey GJ --

Did you see the story on one of the news channels not too long ago about Cyberchondriacs?

Maybe you're not a Hypochondriac, but a Cyberchondriac, someone who diagnosis themselves via the internet! :eek:

Maybe you're just normal! ;)

LOL...I think ;)

I don't need the internet to tell me my back hurts! I did use the internet to put in my numb thumb...which led to discovery that other weird things I experienced pointed to MS. I really thought I had a pinched nerve at the time. When numb thumb brought up MS, I looked at all the other sx that describe me, and remembered my Optho-Neuro suspected MS in 2001. Thats what started this search. But my back has nothing to do with the other stuff. Stupid doctor!

I guess it's called getting old :eek:

sugarboo 01-29-2008 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lady_express_44 (Post 200417)
Is this something you transcribed from your medical file . . . I'm confused? Did it actually say those words?

Cherie

This is an assignment that is explaining how doctors get information and make 'assumptions' (my opinion) of the observations of a patient while they ask the questions that later they will send to the transcriber. I didn't transcribe this from a doctor, this was just a side piece to my assignment. We have to learn how doctors think to transcribe for them. DOes that make sense? Ohhhhh....I'm tired :)

If you didn't see my post the other day, this one probably didn't make much sense :)

Koala77 01-29-2008 12:12 AM

Hi Greenjeans,

Sorry to hear you're still having problems with doctors.

I remember reading on another site that you were having trouble getting a diagnosis of any kind. I hope with all the problems and the tests you've been having, that you're finally getting closer to finding out!

FinLady 01-29-2008 07:47 AM

GJ,

I'd go back and tell him like it is. LOL, I did that on my first visit to my PCP, and he became my greatest advocate.

I told him that I had two instances in the past of docs misdiagnosing health issues and that if he told me it was all in my head, I was leaving. LOL, we've had a great doc-patient relationship since.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work all the time. That's when I have to look for a second opinon