NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Super Bowl Commercials (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/164499-super-bowl-commercials.html)

Kitt 02-06-2012 01:48 PM

Super Bowl Commercials

I especially liked the "Doritos" one where the dog buried the cat. I thought it was funny. Don't get me wrong - I like cats and dogs but this was funny.:D

Debbie D 02-06-2012 02:49 PM

I must not have been in a good mood...I didn't like any of the ads this year...

mrsD 02-06-2012 05:10 PM

I watched some of it... Ads did not move me and Madonna moved me even less. Couldn't even hear her sing! The sound was terrible.

NBC for some reason does not come in right on Comcast for us.
It is always, distorted somehow. People's faces esp. But the grass didn't look right nor the designs on it.

I thought the whole production was shoddy, in fact.

Only watched for a short while in the first half and part of the show.
I don't see what the hoopla is all about...unless the people who bet on it with $$ are drawn in for that reason? :confused:

Kitt 02-06-2012 05:27 PM

Football

If you mean the football game, it was a nail biter. It was great. I did not bet on the game but I am glad the Giants won. I love football.:yahoo: I like college football as well.

I am not that much of a fan of Madonna but I did enjoy her during halftime. Everyone is different. :D

mrsD 02-06-2012 05:33 PM

I have never "enjoyed" Madonna. Even though she grew up near me. :rolleyes:

ANNagain 02-06-2012 05:54 PM

MrsD- I thought Madonna was very disappointing and that the sound was very poor. It wasn't just your reception.

Kitt- it was a good game except we lost:( However, we lived to play another day!

ANN

Kitt 02-06-2012 06:00 PM

In reading about her, she certainly has had shall we say, an interesting life. Not an easy one to start with either. Like I posted, I have never really been a fan of hers but I did enjoy the half time performance. I understand it was the most watched one ever. I think that's right. And the light show during and at the end was something else.

mrsD 02-06-2012 06:01 PM

Yes, the teams seemed well matched... But throwing a ball around bores me after a while.

I don't know why NBC has such poor live reception here on Comcast. The shows don't have this problem. But the news shows do. So we avoid this station.

I have a nice flat screen, but I don't have HD cable enabled feature. All our digital shows on all the other stations are HD quality anyway, except for NBC. So why pay the extra price?
But it was very obvious last night. I really can't stand watching people smash each other around for a long time. It gets to me after a while.

I recall Shania Twain's half time years ago... that one was really good!

Some of the college games look pretty spiffy on our TV... this one was not compelling even though it was dramatic at times.

Kitt 02-06-2012 07:21 PM

I wasn't a football fan until a few years ago. Now I love it. Of course, some games are better than others.

We watch the UHF channels by using our regular antenna. Sometimes it isn't that clear depending on the weather but mostly it is fine. No problem most all of the time. We just have a regular TV. We do not have cable or dish or any of that. For the digital channels we have a converter box that can drive you up a wall at times. :D

It's a good thing that people like different things. ;) It would be boring if we didn't. :Hum: :ROTFLMAO:

ANNagain 02-06-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitt (Post 848984)
I wasn't a football fan until a few years ago. Now I love it. Of course, some games are better than others.

We watch the UHF channels by using our regular antenna. Sometimes it isn't that clear depending on the weather but mostly it is fine. No problem most all of the time. We just have a regular TV. We do not have cable or dish or any of that. For the digital channels we have a converter box that can drive you up a wall at times. :D

It's a good thing that people like different things. ;) It would be boring if we didn't. :Hum: :ROTFLMAO:

Kitt, we have never had cable because we don't want it, tra-la! So I have a fairly new but not flat screen TV and rabbit ears and the converter box. We get the networks, 6 PBS's, and other odd assorted channels w old movies and TV shows. It's fine for us. We do more books, radio and conversation.

I thought we might be the last people w the rabbit ears!

ANN