NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Ugh.....Numb Feet and Legs (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/147823-ugh-numb-feet-legs.html)

Kitty 04-03-2011 02:14 PM

Ugh.....Numb Feet and Legs

I noticed my feet growing more and more numb a few days ago. Now, both feet and a good part of my legs are numb.

Feet feel almost cold. Legs are not quite as bad. It feels so strange walking on numb feet. This has happened before....about 8 years ago. This was before I was dx. It went away after about a month.

I can still walk around but have to be very careful. It feels like I'm walking much worse than I actually am.

I caught a reflection of myself in the storm door on the front of the house as I was coming back in from getting the newspaper. Why does it feel so strange when I walk....almost like I'm stomping or marching.....but doesn't really look that way? It just looks like I'm walking very slowly. My balance is way off, too, so I make sure I'm near a wall or counter or have my cane with me so others won't think I'm drunk! :o

This darn MS........it's so exhausting..............:(

Blessings2You 04-03-2011 03:01 PM

You're on my prayer list, kiddo. The would really freak me out.

Kitty 04-03-2011 03:06 PM

Thank you, B2Y. :hug:

Nothing much freaks me out anymore. :rolleyes: It's happened before....years ago. I know it will go away eventually.

My oldest son told me one day that if I were any calmer he'd have to check me for a pulse! :D :p

Dejibo 04-03-2011 03:46 PM

no advice, just hugs and prayers. :hug:

lefthanded 04-03-2011 05:30 PM

Reaching out to a fellow "foot sister." :hug:

SallyC 04-03-2011 07:36 PM

:heartthrob: (((((Kelly))))) :heartthrob:

That shouldn't be happening with LDN..:mad: Maybe you're holding your stress in and you don't realize it.

My DH did that. He was the epitomy of calmness and yet, shaking inside, sometimes.:eek:

Feel better, soon..:hug:

Erin524 04-03-2011 09:00 PM

What's the weather like where you're at? We've got a massive cold front moving in right now (73deg earlier today, it's now like 40something degrees with 45mph north winds blowing thru, and the temperature is still dropping)

I felt pretty good yesterday, but last night I started tingling. This afternoon I started getting more numb and more tingly and a little burning feeling. I really do think weather can affect some MS symptoms.

Kitty 04-03-2011 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin524 (Post 758862)
What's the weather like where you're at? We've got a massive cold front moving in right now (73deg earlier today, it's now like 40something degrees with 45mph north winds blowing thru, and the temperature is still dropping)

I felt pretty good yesterday, but last night I started tingling. This afternoon I started getting more numb and more tingly and a little burning feeling. I really do think weather can affect some MS symptoms.

It was beautiful today. Warm and sunny. There's a big storm predicted for tomorrow night and then the high on Tuesday is supposed to be 60! :eek: This same pattern happened last week, too.

I agree that weather plays a huge part of MS....at least for me.

Oh, and Sally......I didn't reduce my dose to 3 mg like I had planned on. I'm sticking with the 4.5 mg. Now just didn't seem like a good time to try messing with the dosage. With my sensory sx acting up how would I know if it was affecting me?

AynaDee 04-06-2011 11:15 AM

(((Kitty)))

Numb feet suck! Can't tell where you are landing your foot, how high you're picking it up, tripping on every other step, ugh!

However, I am glad to hear you are still mobile with the numb feet! :D

I dealt with the numb feet growing up my legs all last month, the Acthar gel helped to get the feeling back so they're not numb anymore, but my hands still are, it's frustrating. They feel really stiff and heavy and tingly. Grrrr!

I get the whole feeling like I am marching thing going on too, especially with the right leg.

Again, I'm sorry to hear you're having troubles! Hope you get some sensation back soon!!! :hug:

Kitty 04-06-2011 11:42 AM

Thanks, everyone. Yes, I'm thankful I'm still mobile during this episode.

Sally, I'm wondering if the LDN is still working for me. Could it be that it's just stopped working? :confused: Does it do that?

I'm finding that first thing in the morning - or if I've been sitting for a long while - is the most challenging time for me. After I'm up and around a bit it seems to get easier to maneuver. Sometimes it seems like the numbness is subsiding some but it's always there. The last time I had this it lasted about a month. Maybe a bit longer. It was eight years ago so I'm not entirely certain.

I just took a shower and now I'm totally wiped out. Good afternoon for a nice, long nap. :)