NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Pain pump info? (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/207199-pain-pump-info.html)

jeffburns 07-22-2014 09:41 PM

Pain pump info?

Hello all.it has been a long time sense I posted last.hope you all are doing good.i am looking for a little info.i have had rsd sense 2006,I have a scs and on a ton of meds including oxycodone for over eight years.it is killing my guts.i don't think I can do this much longer.i am at the end of my rope as far as my pain.does anyone have a pain pump? I am thinking of trying it, if anyone has could you please let me no if it helps.think you so much.

visioniosiv 07-23-2014 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffburns (Post 1084170)
Hello all.it has been a long time sense I posted last.hope you all are doing good.i am looking for a little info.i have had rsd sense 2006,I have a scs and on a ton of meds including oxycodone for over eight years.it is killing my guts.i don't think I can do this much longer.i am at the end of my rope as far as my pain.does anyone have a pain pump? I am thinking of trying it, if anyone has could you please let me no if it helps.think you so much.

Jeff - I don't have any experience with a pain pump but I'm sure there are others here who can chime in and help. I'm so sorry you are having such a difficult time. Just wanted to say you're not alone.:hug:

RSD ME 07-24-2014 08:13 PM

Jeff, I've never had a pain pump either, but I'm sure someone here has. I'm sure you will find some info also in this forum on pain pumps. I hope you can find a pm dr who can provide relief to you soon. Take care my friend.

bchristman 07-29-2014 03:30 PM

Pain pump

Hi Jeff,
I'm Brandy, I just joined today. I as well have RSD since I was 14 I'm now 28. I have a SCS, every nerve and pain med there is. I am starting Ketamine Infusions in a few weeks, everything I have researched has been good if used correctly. I have thought about a pain pump as well, but don't know where to start with that. If you find anything out about them please let me know. However, I think you should look into those infusions, might be an option for you. I will post mid Sept. after my 10 day treatments and let everyone know if it helps or not.
I hope you get some relief.
God Bless

Jimking 07-29-2014 03:56 PM

Here is an old thread on the subject. There are other threads provided on this link also. I hope it helps.

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...=RSD+Pain+Pump

eevo61 07-30-2014 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bchristman (Post 1085828)
Hi Jeff,
I'm Brandy, I just joined today. I as well have RSD since I was 14 I'm now 28. I have a SCS, every nerve and pain med there is. I am starting Ketamine Infusions in a few weeks, everything I have researched has been good if used correctly. I have thought about a pain pump as well, but don't know where to start with that. If you find anything out about them please let me know. However, I think you should look into those infusions, might be an option for you. I will post mid Sept. after my 10 day treatments and let everyone know if it helps or not.
I hope you get some relief.
God Bless

Brandy , I'm also an scs patient and rsd level 2 now,wondering about the ketamine infusions,please let me know how they go ,I'm getting new dr soon and hope to try something new to get more relief instead of having another scs already suggested by my previous dr. I will appreciate a lot.
And jeff ,sorry I never had an experience with pain pumps, I met few patients who had them while I was at work but the had different conditions so nit sure if the conditions will make any difference at all.
Wish you the best and whatever treatment dr recommended hope works well for you,gentle hugs ,Jesika .:grouphug: