NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   I got a job offer!!!!!!!! (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/110514-job-offer.html)

ewizabeth 12-16-2009 03:02 PM

I got a job offer!!!!!!!!

It's a sales job and I just got a voice mail that I got the job and human resources will be calling me on Monday to make an offer!!!! :D

I might be getting another job offer next week too for a local governement job!!!!!!! :eek:

What to do??? The sales job is harder (have to be on my feet a lot) but it's doing something I love.

If I get offered the other job it will pay a bit less (but they both have great benefits!) And that would be a desk job also doing something I enjoy!!?? :eek:

Holy moly, who'd a thought I'd have this sort of dilemma at 51 years old and with MS??? :D :eek:

:Dancing-Chilli::Dancing-Chilli::Dancing-Chilli::Dancing-Chilli:

All of my feverish job hunting and networking is paying off!!!!! :D

Twinkletoes 12-16-2009 03:51 PM

Congratulations! :You-Rock:

I'd say go with the one you love.

Or not... :D

You'll figure it out, I'm sure! Keep us posted! :hug:

ummm, want me to tend your cute kitty while you're gone to work? ;)

barb02 12-16-2009 04:42 PM

Congratulations!!!:D

karousel 12-16-2009 04:46 PM

Congratulations! Make a list of the pros and cons of each job and see where it takes you.

Jules A 12-16-2009 05:32 PM

Many, many congratulations! Personally I'm all about the government jobs because of the great benefits. Let us know what you decide.

SallyC 12-16-2009 07:16 PM

Nice going, Wizzer. The desk job may be better, longer term? :hug:

Vonn07 12-16-2009 07:37 PM

oooo ooooo ... here's your chance to bargain a bit ...

sit down and write out the pros and cons for each job ... and then when you talk to them on Monday - ask if you can give them an answer in a couple of days ... because you have another offer that you are considering ...

they may give you some extra $$$ ... OH, and remember your AMA requests ... even tho you may be on your feet alot ... still have the opportunity to have a stool and extra breaks ...

best to you, my friend!!

Riverwild 12-16-2009 08:50 PM

Congrats Wiz! :)

Whichever one you choose, you will do well, cause you're Wiz!

NurseNancy 12-16-2009 09:50 PM

i wish i could offer advice. what a choice.
but...congratulations wiz. it's all just terrific.

you might consider job security as 1 point to consider.

ewizabeth 12-16-2009 09:57 PM

They would both offer job security! The sales job is with a Fortune 100 company known to offer great benefits and to be especially good to employees. The manager even spoke about me going into management possibly later on, or going to work for corporate in the suburbs.

The local government job would likely stay the same because it's a small town but there would be salary increases, etc... over the years.