NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Do you have anything you wouldn't sell? (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/110353-wouldnt-sell.html)

Blessings2You 12-14-2009 03:48 PM

Do you have anything you wouldn't sell?

Somebody asked me that question, so I'm putting it out there.

I'm talking tangible items, actually things. Prized possessions, heirlooms, etc.

I've been trying to think of something I wouldn't sell, no matter the price. I can think of LOTS of things I wouldn't sell for their actual value, or even a great deal more.

My Grandma's marble top table is probably only worth 300 bucks. I wouldn't sell it for $2000. But if somebody offered me $20,000?

I can't think of anything I own that wouldn't have a price if someone were willing to pay it. Even some cherished family heirlooms...if someone came along and offered a price with lots of zeroes in it, I'd take a couple of pictures and hand over the cherished thing.

I'm still thinking. Maybe I have something with no price. How about you?

karousel 12-14-2009 04:17 PM

I have a few things I immediately thought of that I wouldn't sell for any amount of money. A table made by my grandfather and a glass clown from Italy that was my father's.

On second thought, how much would I get paid for it?? Maybe for a high enough offer I would.

After all, they are just possessions, and can't take the memories and love from my heart. I agree that a picture would be a good thing to keep - along with the cash!

Bets 12-14-2009 05:36 PM

I wouldn't sell my dog, but I will give my boyfriend away.

Dejibo 12-14-2009 05:57 PM

I wouldnt sell my guitar that I was given by my daddy for my 13th birthday. I gave it to my son on his 13th birthday, and when he went to college, he gave it back. Its nothing fancy, and has its share of nicks, scrubs, and worn marks, but to me, its priceless. :cool:

Jodylee 12-14-2009 06:32 PM

My mom's wedding band. I guess if one of my kid's needed one high-priced medical procedure, I'd sell it in a heartbeat. I'd sell anything for my boys.

Jules A 12-14-2009 07:04 PM

I have some things from my Grandmother that have sentimental value to me but not enough that I wouldn't sell them for an outrageous price. She would be cool with that.

My critters are the only thing I wouldn't sell. DH, Mom etc. just name your price, lol.

Twinkletoes 12-14-2009 07:33 PM

There are plenty of things I wouldn't sell that my dear Dad crafted out of wood. But I've given many of them away to Family.

I'm very sentimental -- the offering price would have to be astronomically high to get me to part with things that are dear to me. And it would have to be to someone who would cherish them as much as I do. I doubt I'll have any takers. :)

I would give a lot to have a couple of the dresses my dear Mom sewed for me when a girl. I didn't appreciate them then. :o *Smacks self*

I'd like to think I wouldn't compromise my integrity for any price. :)

sabimax 12-14-2009 07:37 PM

Thinking here,
I would never sell the trinkets I was given or collected from when we lost our baby girl Sabrina... Like I have a necklace my hubby found for me, it has a charm on it with a picture of a baby baptism on it... and the booties she had on when we had her blessed.

I would not sell my childrens quilts they have had since each were a baby, my sister Madeline had made them each. (of course some are so ratty worn out.. no one would offer money lol)

My dads dogtag, my grandmas old sewing machine... guess I am sentimental too... hugss,sarah

SallyC 12-14-2009 09:59 PM

I'd sell just about anything, but my Soul, for a million bucks. :D

The material things don't mean anything, it's the memories they bring and those will always be with me. :)

Twinkletoes 12-14-2009 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SallyC (Post 599817)
I'd sell just about anything, but my Soul, for a million bucks. :D

The material things don't mean anything, it's the memories they bring and those will always be with me. :)

Guess I'm a Material Girl, lol!