NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Pets & Wildlife (https://www.neurotalk.org/pets-and-wildlife/)
-   -   I adopted a rescued doggie! (https://www.neurotalk.org/pets-and-wildlife/92980-adopted-rescued-doggie.html)

Twinkletoes 07-10-2009 06:44 PM

I adopted a rescued doggie!

3 Attachment(s)
Our new doggie seems to like his new home. His name was already Duke, which is funny because my grandson just adopted a dog from a different shelter, and his name was Duke, too. :rolleyes:

Duke has a big body, but rather short legs. His tongue has some dark, purplish spots which suggests some Chow. He has a nice temperment and I think we're going to get along just fine.

So far he hasn't eaten the kitten, lol!

braingonebad 07-11-2009 05:29 PM

Congrats on your new buddy!

He's a cutie. Funny you have two Dukes in the family.

:D

My brother adopted a *Lucky*, and said sorry, as we used to have a dog by that name (who was part chow), but he felt his dog was too old to deal with a name change. That was okay with me. He did, however change the spelling - to Luckie. LOL like the dog knows.

My dogs know him as Cousin Luckie. Which is even sillier I guess.

BTW, our chow was very serious about protecting our littlest, who was a baby when we got the dog. He was really laid back except when it came to dd. You dared not let anything happen to that kid on his watch. He was like Lassie with her.

He'd get between her and a rose bush, and pull her away from the stairs and such by her diaper. Too cute. If he thought I wasn't watching her close enough, he'd come bark at me, drag me closer to her.

She skinned her knee one time and I had to let him lick it before he'd let me bring her inside to put a band aid on her.

Kitty 07-11-2009 06:02 PM

What a lucky doggie! You're getting quite the zoo at your house, Twink! I hope ya'll all (cat included) get along great! :D

Doody 07-11-2009 06:09 PM

Aw ((Twink)) Duke is Gorgeous!!!! Give him a smooch and a hug from me! :hug: Lucky doggie. :)

Jomar 07-11-2009 08:19 PM

Ahhh he looks like a sweetheart.

karousel 07-11-2009 09:00 PM

What a nice looking dog!! Congratulations.

jprinz99 07-11-2009 11:10 PM

my rescue wonder dog Tyler is wagging his tail and sending electronic face licks to Duke!

(from one handsome red headed guy to another if they do say so)

msarkie 07-12-2009 10:25 PM

I see a lot of golden retreiver there! Goldens are sweet-natured, happy dogs, so that's a good thing. He's adorable!

Twinkletoes 07-12-2009 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msarkie (Post 536701)
I see a lot of golden retreiver there! Goldens are sweet-natured, happy dogs, so that's a good thing. He's adorable!

I am not (by nature) a dog person, but this doggie has won me over. My Son-in-law said the same thing, that he has a lot of golden retriever in him. We've had various mutts through the years, but this is the first dog that has ever actually played Fetch! It is fun to watch DH and him toss the tennis balls around.

BRAIN: "Cousin" Luckie, lol!!! Sounds like a very nice doggie!

bbbirdie 03-13-2010 08:30 AM

Save a Dog

Good for you, people forget that there are so many dogs that need homes. :grouphug: