NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   OT Court TV (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/24581-ot-court-tv.html)

SallyC 07-25-2007 10:35 PM

OT Court TV

Is anyone besides me, a Court TV Junkie? For the lsst couple of months, I've been watching the Spector Trial. He's the Music Producer on Trial for the murder of Lana Clarkson..an Actress.

I also love to watch the late night shows, like, Forensic Files, Psychic Detectives, Investigators...etc...

I'm hooked, I tell ya. I watched the whole Gavel to gavel coverage of the OJ Simpson trial. What a miscarriage of justice that was.

I hope the Spector Trial is not going to be like that...A celebrity getting away with murder, because, otherwise, people like him..Haha.

Anyway, I'd just like to know that I'm not alone with this obscession..:D :Help:

shiney sue 07-25-2007 10:46 PM

Yes yes yes

Sally i have been for years and been watching it for years. The old
guy the Dr. they have on the stand. Ha He's so smart you wouldn't
believe. When i was a nurse in Mich. i took a couple of classes from him.
And that little guy who just loved guns is paying very big bucks for
him. Sue

Judy2 07-26-2007 04:49 AM

Hi Sally!

I haven't gotten into those "big" trials, but am pretty much hooked on the smaller courts such as Christina's Court, Judge Alex, Judge Judy, etc. It just shows how many frivolous law cases there are out there taking up the court's time. Usually I'm having one of my "resting" days and watch from bed.

Always enjoyed reading before my concentration failed me, especially the John Grisham novells. I have so many books and so little time, but I love books. That old smell in libraries is so comforting to me. Guess I must have good memories of them. The small one here in town used to be my refuge while going through my divorce. I'd read 3 - 4 books every week, mostly mysteries. Some Mave Binchey (sp?) and Rosamunde Pilcher too.

Yes, it's a shame most of the "Hollywood" trials seem like a big show. Guess if you're famous and have lots of money, anything goes.

Enjoy! :)

AfterMyNap 07-26-2007 08:19 AM

Oh, Sal, it's my main vice. I am completely addicted to CourtTV, with the exception of Cops (HATE THAT SHOW) and "Psychic Detectives" (hate that one too).

I credit OJ and Lorena Bobbitt with getting me through the worst attack I ever had.

Before CourtTV, I read a ton of true crime books and always wished that I could have seen some of the testimony in those trials. Now I can, and it really sheds a lot of light on areas the authors brush past to get on to "the good stuff".

I also used to attend trials in my local court. I was one of those losers who got up every morning and went into the courtroom to observe. It really hit home several years ago when someone I knew was murdered by her husband, it was very disturbing.

I am most fascinated by the mindset that these people somehow reach where it becomes an "answer" to a problem to kill another person. It's illogical in every possible way, yet, their minds somehow get there. ugh.

I love forensics and the associated technology too. It's absolutely astonishing and anyone who thinks he's clever enough to outsmart these armies of well-fortified scientists is just plain stoooooopid!