NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   reply to previous pregnancy vs rsd (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/87378-reply-previous-pregnancy-vs-rsd.html)

Jennelle 05-19-2009 04:47 PM

reply to previous pregnancy vs rsd

I want to thank all of you for your advice and concern. I take all the advice I get here to heart. I want to let you all know that although I am not looking to get pregnant tomorrow I am not going to rule it out of my future plans altogether. I have been a pediatric nurse for 8 yrs so BELIEVE ME when I say that I know all about drugs, birth defects, and things that you have probably never heard of with children. That is one of the reasons that I don't want to wait much past 30 to have them. I do already have 3 wonderful step kids that I take care of...granted they are older but I am also working toward being stronger physically. I am going to be living with my friend after she has her new baby here in a few months....for a little while to help out and I guess it will give me a good idea on my limitations. I don't however want rsd to run my life.
Thank you all again for your heartfelt concern and encouragement. As far as meds go...I can't take any but narcs due to side effects anyway and I know that there are some you can take while pregnant. I would however try to not have any meds if it were my choice.
Lots of love to you all,
Jennelle

ali12 05-20-2009 03:02 PM

Hi Jennelle,

It's so good to hear that you aren't ruling having children with RSD out altogether!!! I firmly believe that there are always ways round everything so if you want things hard enough, you will do them!! I know it will be hard at times but i'm sure it would be worth it and like you said, you can't let RSD ruin your life!!!

I'm so glad to hear that you are going to stay with your friend who is having a baby to see how you cope. I think that is a very good idea and will hopefully give you some experience and help you a lot!!

I wish you the best of luck in whatever you decide to do and hope everything goes well for you!

You're in my thoughts! :hug:

loretta 05-20-2009 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennelle (Post 512432)
I want to thank all of you for your advice and concern. I take all the advice I get here to heart. I want to let you all know that although I am not looking to get pregnant tomorrow I am not going to rule it out of my future plans altogether. I have been a pediatric nurse for 8 yrs so BELIEVE ME when I say that I know all about drugs, birth defects, and things that you have probably never heard of with children. That is one of the reasons that I don't want to wait much past 30 to have them. I do already have 3 wonderful step kids that I take care of...granted they are older but I am also working toward being stronger physically. I am going to be living with my friend after she has her new baby here in a few months....for a little while to help out and I guess it will give me a good idea on my limitations. I don't however want rsd to run my life.
Thank you all again for your heartfelt concern and encouragement. As far as meds go...I can't take any but narcs due to side effects anyway and I know that there are some you can take while pregnant. I would however try to not have any meds if it were my choice.
Lots of love to you all,
Jennelle

Hi Jennelle,:)
Thank you for the nice message. Hope all works out well for you. We have friends visiting from Oregon. They are in the medical field. My girlfriend in a counselor . We moved from Oregon to Arizona 10 years ago for our daughter's colledge education, specialized school for court reporting. I was 30 when she was born, maybe 31. Time flys by. We had waited like yourself, for quite a while. Children, such a blessing. Today is their 9th anniversary and they are in Mauil I'm jealous.:D We took them there for their first anniversary.
Take care and again thanks for writing. loretta