NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Allergies & Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (https://www.neurotalk.org/allergies-and-multiple-chemical-sensitivity/)
-   -   My great nephew is allergic to peanuts,honey and beeswax (https://www.neurotalk.org/allergies-and-multiple-chemical-sensitivity/213352-nephew-allergic-peanuts-honey-beeswax.html)

MelodyL 12-10-2014 02:14 PM

My great nephew is allergic to peanuts,honey and beeswax

Hi all. I tried to start a new thread but am clueless so I just hit the reply button.

Just found out today that my 7 year old great nephew (they did the multiple patch skin test on his back because he always breaks out in weird rashes) and the results are that he is (they always knew about the peanuts), but now they know he's allergic to honey and beeswax). I told my sister in law "Can he use Toms of Main products"? and she said "No, there is something in their products that he is allergic to"

I thought there was this celebrity that invented these allergy free skin products but I can't find her.

Also, is there a product line (online or in stores) that have products that do not contain peanuts, honey and any kind of beeswax)

Thanks to all who can answer this.

Melody

Chemar 12-10-2014 04:15 PM

Hi Mel :)
I moved this to a new thread for you.

Lara 12-10-2014 04:31 PM

Hi Melody.

Lots of child care centres and schools here are peanut free zones.
If he's in school it's really important that his school is notified esp. of the peanut issue.

If he's allergic to honey and beeswax does that make him at risk if he gets a bee sting?

I'm in a different country so can't really help with brands or celebs (although it may be someone like Gwyneth Paltrow?) diets etc., but there is this neat little pdf regarding peanut allergies that might be of use.

http://www.allergyfacts.org.au/images/PDF/peanut.pdf
that's from an Aussie site.
Allergy & Anaphylaxis Australia
There are some other brief tips on that page too.

p.s. and be aware that many shops that sell meat products will be contaminated... often because of coatings made with peanuts or things like satay marinades etc..

MelodyL 12-10-2014 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara (Post 1112223)
Hi Melody.

Lots of child care centres and schools here are peanut free zones.
If he's in school it's really important that his school is notified esp. of the peanut issue.

If he's allergic to honey and beeswax does that make him at risk if he gets a bee sting?

I'm in a different country so can't really help with brands or celebs (although it may be someone like Gwyneth Paltrow?) diets etc., but there is this neat little pdf regarding peanut allergies that might be of use.

http://www.allergyfacts.org.au/images/PDF/peanut.pdf
that's from an Aussie site.
Allergy & Anaphylaxis Australia
There are some other brief tips on that page too.

p.s. and be aware that many shops that sell meat products will be contaminated... often because of coatings made with peanuts or things like satay marinades etc..

Hi, thanks for responding. They got the peanut thing down cold. He's had this for years. It's the honey and beeswax thing that I'm most curious about. It seems that honey and beeswax are put in many lotions and potions, etc. I was just wondering if there was a product line available online. I'll keep checking. Thanks very much for responding.

Melody

MelodyL 12-10-2014 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chemar (Post 1112216)
Hi Mel :)
I moved this to a new thread for you.

Chemar:
Where did you move me to? See, I'm clueless. lol

Thanks much

Melody

Lara 12-10-2014 04:46 PM

Yes, they have beeswax in a lot of things.

What about the bee stings? Did the doc say that was a concern for the future.

Mel, if i come across anything I'll post.

take care there. Miss seeing you around the place.

You might find info on some VEGAN sites. They are honey free

MelodyL 12-10-2014 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara (Post 1112229)
Yes, they have beeswax in a lot of things.

What about the bee stings? Did the doc say that was a concern for the future.

Mel, if i come across anything I'll post.

take care there. Miss seeing you around the place.

You might find info on some VEGAN sites. They are honey free

Hi. Thanks much. Lately all I do is take care of Alan (and me because of my knees) and his psoriasis (for which we are using a product called TOE JUICE . Look it up. It's fascinating.

Don't know about bee stings. I know they all have epi pens in the house because the other kids have various allergies.

Thanks much

I just went on the internet again and typed in 'PRODUCTS THAT DON'T CONTAIN HONEY AND BEESWAX"

What came up? Products that DO contain the stuff.

Brother, I never knew how many products contain honey and beeswax. lol

Mel

Lara 12-10-2014 04:54 PM

You had posted on the Useful websites area.

Chemar moved your post to a new thread. :)

that New Thread is here where we are talking now. :cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelodyL (Post 1112228)
Chemar:
Where did you move me to? See, I'm clueless. lol

Thanks much

Melody

Lara 12-10-2014 04:55 PM

Mel, go look for VEGAN.

True vegan products do not contain any bee products.

MelodyL 12-10-2014 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara (Post 1112233)
You had posted on the Useful websites area.

Chemar moved your post to a new thread. :)

that New Thread is here where we are talking now. :cool:

Oh, how stupid am I?? lol

Thanks much

Now I know where I am.

Can't always say that can I?

Melody