NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   SCS & Pain Pumps (https://www.neurotalk.org/scs-and-pain-pumps/)
-   -   Electrical current and SCS (https://www.neurotalk.org/scs-and-pain-pumps/165652-electrical-current-scs.html)

anon21816 02-27-2012 03:18 AM

Electrical current and SCS

Im just wondering if anyone has noticed any changes when using anything electrical while having the stim??

I had my implant in August 2010. My husband bought me an iPad recently. I've noticed That while I'm charging my iPad (connected to the mains) and using it at the same time, I can feel an electrical current running through the back cover. Which is silver. So yesterday I decided I would turn off my stim and see what happens. And yep it stopped. But as soon as I turned my stim back on the electrical current was present in the iPad again.

Does anyone know why? Also do you think that it's dangerous to use it whilst connected to the mains?

Would love to hear your thoughts thanks.

Jackie :grouphug:

Saffy 02-27-2012 05:06 AM

My friend's Mum has a stim and whenever she goes near the microwave she gets a surge!

Mark56 02-27-2012 07:08 AM

Not I

Could be the difference of brands.
Mark56:)

Sophie_ 02-27-2012 06:52 PM

Surge with SCS

Hi there,
I think Mark might be right, the only surges I got with the Medtronic was when I was charging ad using the laptop or a microwave. That was it nothing else.

I hope you don't get too many surges! Thankfully my iPad doesn't need to much charging.

Best of luck

S xxxx :)

Mark56 02-28-2012 12:29 AM

Such a Special Blessing

To see you on here Sinéad! Still prayin for ya, but then, you know.
Yep,
Mark56:hug:

Rachel4444 02-28-2012 04:36 AM

Interesting I shall have to try that with my iPad. When I had my trial we found that it picked up some current through my electric guitar!
:hug:

Nanc 02-28-2012 01:44 PM

Nope...

I have not noticed any currents while on my iPad or near the microwave, or anything like that. Like Mark said it may be dependent on the brand.

Nanc

anon21816 02-29-2012 01:33 PM

Thanks !!

Hi Sinead :)

Good to hear from you again.

I use the laptop all the time and Ive never had any surges whatsoever. Neither do I have any surges with the iPad. But what I have noticed is that when the iPad is plugged into the mains and charging that when I use it, the back of it (which is silver/chrome)has the feeling of a current running through it. But it doesnt when I turn off my stim. It doesnt do anything to my actual stim, only I feel the current running through the iPad......weird though!

NEver noticed anything with the microwave:eek:thankfully, cos the amount of times I 'heat' things up in there I would be jumping around the place :D

Hope you are keeping well Sinead.....

Thank you all for your input!

Jackie:grouphug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sophie_ (Post 856143)
Hi there,
I think Mark might be right, the only surges I got with the Medtronic was when I was charging ad using the laptop or a microwave. That was it nothing else.

I hope you don't get too many surges! Thankfully my iPad doesn't need to much charging.

Best of luck

S xxxx :)

Mark56 03-02-2012 10:05 PM

But then

it could be fun to hold a flashlight bulb betwixt thumb and index finger and see whether it illuminates......:D

Laugh a little,
Mark56:D