NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   Happy Easter - Weekend Check In..... (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/17139-happy-easter-weekend-check.html)

Nikko 04-07-2007 09:43 AM

Happy Easter - Weekend Check In.....

HAPPY EASTER TO ALL. ENJOY!

:circlelove: :grouphug:

Hope all is well.

Waiting for my carpet cleaner guy to come this morning. Relaxed last night.
Temps are high here, maybe go to the pool for a bit later. I am still shell shocked, but this too shall pass. *from last w/e pepper spray incident. The p-doc upped my klonapin a bit.

Having friends over for Easter tomorrow, cooking a ham, green bean salad, mashed potato's, corn, salad, apple sauce, buns, etc..........

:hug: Nikko

Mrs. Bear 04-07-2007 10:30 AM

I did the big meal Thursday because it's the kids weekend to be with dad. Allthough Wes in no longer allowed over there. :rolleyes: Killbasa, sourkraut, mustard and home made macaroni and cheese. 2 hours to cook. But everybody was happy. My boy's best friend was staying with us and as soon as he saw what I had made, he just about cried. He's greek and his ya-yah (gramma) used to make the same kind of dinners on big occasions all the time(without the sourkraut, of course ;) ), and he was so happy. Made me feel good.

I have been working way too much. So I am going to garden all weekend. I have found my happy place and it is in the dirt, watching things grow.

Nikko-honey love, I would still be shaking. You take it easy.

Mari 04-07-2007 11:29 PM

Hi,
My father told me on the phone that he and my mother are coming to visit in September. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/surprised/yikes.gif
The last time my mother visited me was 15+ years ago and she and I were in major anxiety mode and my father drank the whole time. :(

I am fat. The hypnotist talked to me about it. We didn't do hypnotism.
She told me to learn to appreciate food (tastes, smells, textures,.......) :confused:

Bear's Kielbasa smells good. What kind of mustard? :)

M.

bizi 04-07-2007 11:59 PM

Wow mari that sounds scarey about your folks....will they be staying at a hotel and why in september...were they invited or just invited themselves?
jsut curious.
sounds stressful....
hang in eith your yoga....
(((HUGS))))
bizi

befuddled2 04-08-2007 08:45 AM

Hi everyone,

It is freezing cold here in Virginia and all I wanna do is stay under the bed covers.

I made an Easter basket up for my lady friend in the nursing home but I don't feel like driving that far to take it to her. I should have bought a chicken yesterday to bake today since it is cold and had me a nice meal. The oven would have made it nice and warm in here without turning on the heat. Oh well.

Happy Easter to All.

befuddled2

Mrs. Bear 04-08-2007 09:49 AM

Hi, Mari :D

Mustard used on sourkraut and kilbasa= inglehoffer original stone ground mustard. ingredients: water, mustard seed, vinegars (white distilled, red wine and white wine) sugar, salt, white wine, garlic, spices, xanthan gum, tumeric, citric acid, artificial and natural flavors, annatto.

I'm not sure, but maybe it could have used a little more wine!! :D

More garden today. But it rained:( muddy, messy work ahead.

befuddeled honey. Stay under the covers. Spring storms suck. I wouldn't want to turn on the heater either.

Justice 04-08-2007 10:58 AM

Happy Easter back! and what a trip..................

:wink: I think it's cool you have the same name as my little "Prince Nico"! lol..It's just spelled a bit different,but he's my little pride and joy.He's my Chih Tsu puppy,and I can honestly say,I couldn't live without him! But hey,back at you with the Happy Easter!
I do have a question though about being Bi-Polar,cause I am! I was wondering,is it really true that you have to take your medication for the rest of your life? Or do the shrinks just tell you that,so you won't stop taking them too soon? I don't like being on so much medication,I'd rather only be on what's really necessary,you know what I mean?!:confused:

bizi 04-08-2007 01:19 PM

welcome Justice!:welcome_sign:
I would have to say for the majority of the folks here, we take some form of medication and will probably take them for life. Some times I take 4 different kinds of meds other times it is 2, right now I am at 3, lamictal (mood stabilizer), geodon( keeps the mania at bay), klonipin (cause I can't sleep at night)
These meds do not have any real side effects for me, I was taking a sleeping pill but then it stopped working, so now it is a benzo...oh well.
Great to see you here....
I was reading up at your new comers thread...sorry that you have a lot on your plate right now.
I wish you wellness.
bizi

mystified 04-08-2007 01:20 PM

I'm here. My oldest visited yesterday and well all went out to lunch to celebrate my husbands birthday. Being an atheist I don't celebrate Easter. :)

bizi 04-08-2007 01:38 PM

Hi mystified,
good afternoon to you.
I am a UU and believe in everyones right to believe in what ever they want to or not. You would be a welcomed Unitarian Universalist
www.UUA.org
(((HUGS)))
bizi