NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Pets & Wildlife (https://www.neurotalk.org/pets-and-wildlife/)
-   -   Cornell - Red-tailed Hawk cam (https://www.neurotalk.org/pets-and-wildlife/219713-cornell-red-tailed-hawk-cam.html)

Lara 05-03-2015 05:10 AM

Cornell - Red-tailed Hawk cam

It's almost that time of year again. :D
Can't wait.

Karel Sedlacek

edited later to add:
I found a paragraph in their FAQ - E3 had a terrible accident and was badly injured but is now part of the Raptor Program. [some of us witnessed the accident and it was quite horrific.]
40. What happened to last year’s E3?

mrsD 05-03-2015 07:45 AM

I've tried 3 times to view it over that last week. Twice the cam was "down"...but I saw Big Red sitting on her eggs yesterday.

I guess they are due to hatch soon?

Lara 05-03-2015 03:20 PM

Apparently they are. I checked there some weeks back and didn't think about it until last night. Because of time differences from here, the chat is usually not operating when I'm awake. Not that I use the chat, but it is handy to read it to see what's going on. I guess that's Big Red sitting on them now. She was just moving around a little so I saw the eggs.

I should look it up but vaguely seem to remember the last ones came later in May. I'll check into it more today. I want to see them hatch again.

Lara 05-04-2015 11:55 AM

"First hatch F1 on 5/4"

1st nestling today.
Looks as if that's dad, Ezra, in the nest.

______

Just had a really good look at the nest when Ezra left and Big Red took over again.
Only one egg has hatched. It's very white. I don't remember seeing one that white before.

anyway, what am i doing awake at 3 in the morning checking bird cams? ;)

back to sleep for me. I had to check because I swore I saw part of an egg out of nest just before I went to sleep last night.

mrsD 05-04-2015 12:20 PM

They are really cute.... I missed the tiny times last season...
so it is nice being able to see the beginning of the chicks now.;)

Lara 05-08-2015 04:55 AM

3 nestlings now. All 3 eggs hatched. F1, F2 and F3 :)

I've not seen F3. I read that on their chat dialogue, but I did get a brief glimpse of F1 and F2 bobble heads around this time yesterday when mum and dad swapped nest sitting duties.

It's between 42 and 48 days after they hatch before they leave the nest. When they're getting close to leaving the nest is when I love to watch as much as I can.

EnglishDave 05-10-2015 07:17 AM

Just popped on and got a good view of two active bobbleheads. So amazing.

Dave.

mrsD 05-10-2015 11:11 AM

Lots of feeding going on this morning. Cute camera work too.

I am noticing the largest chick is off by himself alot. The smallest peeps often and the parent is right there to feed him.

Right now the two smaller chicks are side by side ..one with his little wing over the back of the other. While the larger one is on the other side of the nest.

EnglishDave 05-10-2015 02:54 PM

MrsD,
Ah, that's why I only saw the two, plus the underside and fierce talons of a parent at the top of the screen.

Dave.

Lara 05-10-2015 03:36 PM

I saw them clearly again last night before I went to bed... after sunrise us time. The larger one is really aggressive towards the other two.