NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Vitamins, Nutrients, Herbs and Supplements (https://www.neurotalk.org/vitamins-nutrients-herbs-and-supplements/)
-   -   Magnesium absorbtion/amount and Kaprex? (https://www.neurotalk.org/vitamins-nutrients-herbs-and-supplements/38152-magnesium-absorbtion-amount-kaprex.html)

daniella 02-04-2008 10:46 AM

Magnesium absorbtion/amount and Kaprex?

I started my new magnesium glycinate. They are 200mg for 2 tablets and say as magnesium bis-glycinate. I am working up right now to 10 a day the doc said. My ? is lets say I get to 8 and the diarea happens that is where I stay but is taking 800mg a day safe for a long period? Also is this magnesium glycinate absorbed as well as the slow mag? I have been spreading the magnesium glycinate out taking 1 at a time like one right when I wake then with breakast etc. Is it ok that I am taking the first on emty stomach?Also the kaprex I started taking which is suppose to be for pain and I researched it but it has little info of people who take it. I am not expecting much and it says 2 a day and so is this safe to take everyday 2 a day as well?Is there any issue with this making me worse or side effects? What I read no it may just do nothing but want the opinion of here cause you all have so much knowledge. Thank you

watsonsh 02-04-2008 12:59 PM

Hey Daniella,

I just purchased some Kaprex. I'lllet you know how it goes

daniella 02-04-2008 01:42 PM

Thanks who did you hear about it from and how much are you taking? I just started 2 a day. I will keep you updated too.

watsonsh 02-04-2008 01:54 PM

Well I stumbled across it when I was doing a search on supplements plus immune system. It was on some chiro's website.

And since I use a lot of the metagenic products which I have found to be very good I decided to read up more on it.

I have a lot of pain from these things called prostaglandgins which cause pain and cramping. I over produce since I endometriosis.

And Kaprex supposedly reduces PGE2 the prostaglandingins that cause pain.

I would also suggest to you Borage oil which helps reduce PGE2 and increase PGE1 and 3 which help reduce pain.

Let me know how it goes.

watsonsh 02-04-2008 01:58 PM

Which Kaprex did you get the regular or the A1 or something

daniella 02-04-2008 05:20 PM

Mine is menagetic joint formula.I think reg how do you take yours? 2 a day?The doc also had me get the borage.

watsonsh 02-04-2008 05:39 PM

There are actually 2 Metgenics Kaprex formulas. Regular Kaprex is for joint issues and the other one is Kaprex A1 and is for joint as well as autoimmune issues.

I have the regular Kaprex. Just started today. And I have to say it helped.

My pain is apparently from the endometriosis. Well we will see.

daniella 02-04-2008 06:13 PM

I am glad it is helping you. For me not so much. Are you taking 1 twice a day?

watsonsh 02-04-2008 06:39 PM

Will take it twice a day. It helped today but the jury is still out

daniella 02-04-2008 10:21 PM

I guess will be the test bunnies cause it seems very little people have tried this when I looked up info. I wonder if it will take time like other supp though to really work. Or if it is more like a tylenol where it works like that cause what I read it says take every 4-6 hours. It a weird looking pill.