NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   The creepy crawlies? (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/151013-creepy-crawlies.html)

PunkDizzle 05-28-2011 03:27 PM

The creepy crawlies?

This all started last night after taking the dog out for a walk and it would not be uncommon for me to annoy an ant hill in the process and have one or two hitch a ride on me.. but this was not the case..

When I got back inside it felt like I had a bunch of little ants crawling on me but nothing was there oddly enough it only felt that way on my arms/legs/scalp nothing on my chest or back.

It doesn't feel like anything is tingling or falling asleep on a whole just little tiny blips of something here and there and it is very annoying.. because I have to keep brushing the area (like you would brush off a bug) to make it stop even though I know nothing is there.

Probably looks like I have fleas to ppl lol

this happen to anyone else?

Blessings2You 05-28-2011 03:33 PM

OH yeah. I've slapped more imaginary bugs in the last few years than inhabit a cheap hotel. Usually they are on my legs or along the part in my hair, sometimes on my forehead. Once in a while other places, but those are the most common. Sometimes I've whipped the blankets off at night because I just KNEW this time it was a real bug. Nope.

And it does feel just exactly the same as real bugs. I can be staring right at a spot on my skin and see nothing there, and still feel "it" or "them" crawling around. Argh.

SallyC 05-28-2011 03:43 PM

Yep, I'm contantly brushing spiders and ants off me body..:eek: They'll be coming to get me with a little white coat, soon.:D

dmplaura 05-28-2011 04:42 PM

My cheeks/head often feel like they're being infested by many crawling, scurrying bugs. It's not a pleasant sensation!

Kitty 05-28-2011 05:51 PM

The bug on the head sensation is the worst! :eek: I always try to brush it off because I figure the one time I don't there really will be a bug there! :rolleyes:

Koala77 05-28-2011 06:02 PM

Me too! It's an awful feeling and when I've had to describe it I told people it's just like having ants crawling over my legs and feet.

This crawling sensation falls into the category of sensory symptoms, and is just one of a long list of hidden symptoms that we suffer even though we "look so well". :(

PunkDizzle 05-28-2011 10:15 PM

Thanks so much everyone for the replies.:)

It is so nice to know there are others out there that have the same Sx.

I think it came more as a shock to me then anything, since either I have been in remission for the last 2 1/2ish years or the LDN is/was working. so when a new Sx pops up I get a little freaked out because before that it was relapse after relapse so nothing was to surprising to me.

I see my Neuro on the 31st so I guess I should probably mention this new Sx. so it goes on file. I just know she is gonna want an MRI, but unless it gets really bad and it really effecting my daily life.. I see no point because MRIs are not cheap.

Twinkletoes 05-28-2011 10:40 PM

Hey there, PD! Haven't seen you post in ages!

I've got an appt. with the Neuro in a couple of weeks and am thinking the same thing as you are. So expensive, and for what? So the neuro has something to point at while he/she tells you things are the same?

Come to think of it, my neuro said a year ago that we'd know whether or not I really had MS or if it is actually transverse myelitis. But really, who cares?

Nice to see you!

PunkDizzle 05-28-2011 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twinkletoes (Post 774545)
Hey there, PD! Haven't seen you post in ages!

I've got an appt. with the Neuro in a couple of weeks and am thinking the same thing as you are. So expensive, and for what? So the neuro has something to point at while he/she tells you things are the same?

Come to think of it, my neuro said a year ago that we'd know whether or not I really had MS or if it is actually transverse myelitis. But really, who cares?

Nice to see you!

It sure has been a while since I posted anything.. I am on the boards now and then just to read but usually I don't have much to say.

I think the best way to look at is if you don't hear from me for a while it is either nice outside and I am out having fun/yard work.. or by the time I get to a thread I could chime in on so many other more knowledgeable members have said all there is to say.

Trust me just because I don't post that much doesn't mean I am not thinking about you guys:grouphug:... or lurking around without logging in. ;)

lefthanded 05-29-2011 01:40 AM

I am always slapping something on my leg that isn't there! Add to that the floater in my right eye that looks like a tiny spider dropping down in front of me all the time . . . :eek:

No wonder I don't get much done all day!

Anyone else get the itchies? Just general itchy skin, but no reason?

Aren't we a fun group?!! :grouphug: