NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Do your gray/white hairs go back to their natural color on their own? (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/40283-gray-white-hairs-natural-color-own.html)

MSCherokee 03-01-2008 09:22 AM

Do your gray/white hairs go back to their natural color on their own?

I loved GJ's thread and just wondered if I'm the only strange one here...I have a feeling I am. :winky:

While I have some white hairs that are obviously not going to be anything but white, I have several white hairs that upon closer inspection, have brown roots. I refuse to pluck them or let DH pluck them because they're growing back in as my natural color. Unfortunately, the ones right in front - you know, the most obvious ones - are deciding to stay white.

So, am I the only one? Everyone I tell or show just can't believe it. They've never heard of white hairs ever changing back to the normal hair color on their own. Have I somehow discovered the fountain of youth? :Hum:

MSacorn 03-01-2008 11:29 AM

Hi MSCherokee

Well, I haven't a gray hair yet. It's not for lack of trying. :D

Host/Comedian Jay Leno is now mostly gray with a dark strip. When he first hosted the Tonight show it was reversed. Dark with a gray strip.

What does that mean? I don't know. That is just what I have to offer on the subject. Hopefully more helpful responses will follow.

BTW, where in OH are you? I'm just east of Cleveland.

:hug:

sugarboo 03-01-2008 12:16 PM

:eek::eek::eek:

Wow to both posts!

I want what you got!

:D:D:D

SandyC 03-01-2008 12:52 PM

Wow, I want what you are eating/doing. lol

MSCherokee 03-01-2008 05:11 PM

LOL, I have a feeling I'm a strange one. :D Oh well, I guess it's a good strange. Now if I could just convince the rest of my white ones to grow back in brown, it'd be awesome. It first started happening after I'd been on Avonex about a year. Funny thing is, I stopped taking Avonex in 2004, so I think the med timing may have been a coincidence.

Beth, I live in Union, about 20 miles north of Dayton.

thecatsmeow 03-01-2008 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSCherokee (Post 227801)
LOL, I have a feeling I'm a strange one. :D n.

We Like ya anyway! I want to be strange like you. Save money on hair dye! :D

Joyce

the Bird 03-01-2008 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSCherokee (Post 227801)
LOL, I have a feeling I'm a strange one. :D .

We will let you hang out with us anyway!!! :D

MSCherokee 03-02-2008 08:37 AM

LOL, I read the responses to DH who just laughed and said I didn't have to tell him I was strange. :D That's OK, he's probably just jealous because even though he's a blonde I can find his white hairs and depending on how evil I feel, I will point them out! :eek:

Thanks for letting me hang with y'all even though I am a tad strange. :hug:

whispers 03-05-2008 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSCherokee (Post 227553)
I loved GJ's thread and just wondered if I'm the only strange one here...I have a feeling I am. :winky:

While I have some white hairs that are obviously not going to be anything but white, I have several white hairs that upon closer inspection, have brown roots. I refuse to pluck them or let DH pluck them because they're growing back in as my natural color. Unfortunately, the ones right in front - you know, the most obvious ones - are deciding to stay white.

So, am I the only one? Everyone I tell or show just can't believe it. They've never heard of white hairs ever changing back to the normal hair color on their own. Have I somehow discovered the fountain of youth? :Hum:

Yes, you did. You have found the fountain of youth. I say keep those roots growing and you will end up the envy of all women:winky:Now, exactly where did you find the fountain of youth? I think I need to wet not just my hair but all of me... :D

MSCherokee 03-05-2008 06:33 PM

Hehe, now if only my crow's feet and laugh lines would start fading, I'd be set. :D Oh well, I guess it's better than frown lines.