NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   SCS & Pain Pumps (https://www.neurotalk.org/scs-and-pain-pumps/)
-   -   The battery......why do I feel it?? (https://www.neurotalk.org/scs-and-pain-pumps/131166-battery-feel.html)

anon21816 08-26-2010 02:25 PM

The battery......why do I feel it??

Quick question -

Well first Ive just had my first shower in three weeks:eek:and NO you couldnt smell me from across the water:D

Anyway my husband was doing the dressing and I said I wanted to see what it looked like , as up to now I didnt look. I can see the shape of the battery and can actually 'feel' it. Eewwww it feels weird to say the least. I can make out the shape of the battery and I think I can actually feel the leads coming out at the end. Does anyone else notice that?

Gosh I hope thats as much as it sticks out otherwise I will never be able to wear my jeans again:rolleyes:or at least NO MORE WEIGHT PLEASE!!!!:wink:

Leesa 08-26-2010 03:31 PM

Everyone can feel and see the "generator" or powerpack or whatever you want to call it. It does stick out. ick. Mine was just above my waist on my side. There's not alot of skin there, and I had alot of trouble with that. In fact that's the reason i ended up having to have it taken out ~ they said I didn't have enough "fat content" in me, and the darned thing started working ITSELF out. double ick. :eek:

So don't worry ~ you're not weird or anything. It's like that with everyone. Too bad they have to be so big! Take care. Hugs, Lee ;)

Mark56 08-26-2010 07:13 PM

Shallowness of Implant further enables remote function and recharging

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackiekennedy (Post 688809)
Quick question -

Well first Ive just had my first shower in three weeks:eek:and NO you couldnt smell me from across the water:D

Anyway my husband was doing the dressing and I said I wanted to see what it looked like , as up to now I didnt look. I can see the shape of the battery and can actually 'feel' it. Eewwww it feels weird to say the least. I can make out the shape of the battery and I think I can actually feel the leads coming out at the end. Does anyone else notice that?

Gosh I hope thats as much as it sticks out otherwise I will never be able to wear my jeans again:rolleyes:or at least NO MORE WEIGHT PLEASE!!!!:wink:

Anyway, that kind of makes sense to me. If it was too deep, muscle would probably be impacted, charging would be more an issue, and the remote might be more difficult to reach a communication with the device. I feel mine. I just imagine that is what I bargained for in the process. No Speedos for me.:D
Mark56:)

Mark56 08-30-2010 10:57 AM

And another interesting Ahem

Well, as I have noticed swelling decline beyond the surgery and tissues return to some semblance of pre-surgical status, I find there is this bump in my rump. It is..... it is..... my generator.:eek: Seriously, it has to be sort of near surface to get signals and receive charge, it is just that I took a feel and there it was. Beforehand, I have taken it for granted, and, fear of fears, did not want to really press on the now healed incision.

SOOOooooooo........ I suspect it is there for a reason.
:D Mark56 PJ :)

anon21816 08-30-2010 12:35 PM

I like it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark56 (Post 689994)
Well, as I have noticed swelling decline beyond the surgery and tissues return to some semblance of pre-surgical status, I find there is this bump in my rump. It is..... it is..... my generator.:eek: Seriously, it has to be sort of near surface to get signals and receive charge, it is just that I took a feel and there it was. Beforehand, I have taken it for granted, and, fear of fears, did not want to really press on the now healed incision.

SOOOooooooo........ I suspect it is there for a reason.
:D Mark56 PJ :)

:D:D:D:D:D:D Glad to hear you also have found the LUMP IN YOUR RUMP! I like it:D:D:D:D:D