NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Med questions!! (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/164173-med-questions.html)

jiggered 01-30-2012 11:44 PM

Med questions!!

Hi everyone, I have idiopathic neuropathy. I've been taking Gabapentin, Lyrica & Baclofen. Can't seem to get a handle on the pain, so my Dr. prescribed BuTrans, I haven't started this one yet.

My questions are, does anyone have dry, sore eyes & dry nose & mouth from any of your meds & has anyone ever taken BuTrans (Buprenorphine patch)??

Dr. Smith 01-30-2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiggered (Post 846668)
has anyone ever taken BuTrans (Buprenorphine patch)??

There are several threads concerning Butrans in different forums. You can find them using the Search function in the blue bar across the top of the page.

Doc

Susanne C. 02-01-2012 06:50 AM

My doctor also tried to switch me to BuTrans but I do not feel ready for something 24/7. I am getting by pretty well on 1-2 low dose 5/325 oxycodone per day. I take one if I will be doing a lot of sitting, riding in the car, sitting on bleachers at a game, going to church, or a lot of walking, anything that exacerbates the pain. Also sometimes in the late afternoons, when the pain begins to get worse, regardless of my activities. I am also on 1800 mg gabapentin, which quiets most of the burning and electrical zaps, but not the pain. Many neuropathy patients are on some opiate, have you tried any others?
If things get worse, or my oxycodone usage escalates, I will probably try the BuTrans patch.

jiggered 02-02-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susanne C. (Post 847145)
My doctor also tried to switch me to BuTrans but I do not feel ready for something 24/7. I am getting by pretty well on 1-2 low dose 5/325 oxycodone per day. I take one if I will be doing a lot of sitting, riding in the car, sitting on bleachers at a game, going to church, or a lot of walking, anything that exacerbates the pain. Also sometimes in the late afternoons, when the pain begins to get worse, regardless of my activities. I am also on 1800 mg gabapentin, which quiets most of the burning and electrical zaps, but not the pain. Many neuropathy patients are on some opiate, have you tried any others?
If things get worse, or my oxycodone usage escalates, I will probably try the BuTrans patch.

I'm taking 900mg/day gabapentin, 10mg/day Baclofen, & 25mg/day Lyrica, but the pain would not stop. I have just put the Butrans patch on about an 1hr ago. I have my fingers crossed that after a few days I'm able to function. Will let u know how it goes.

Lacey Stott 06-29-2012 08:13 AM

Butrans patches

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiggered (Post 846668)
Hi everyone, I have idiopathic neuropathy. I've been taking Gabapentin, Lyrica & Baclofen. Can't seem to get a handle on the pain, so my Dr. prescribed BuTrans, I haven't started this one yet.

My questions are, does anyone have dry, sore eyes & dry nose & mouth from any of your meds & has anyone ever taken BuTrans (Buprenorphine patch)??

Hi, I have used baclofen b4, & never experienced any of the effects you have mentioned, but I have also used gabapentin and stopped taking them as I started gaining weight at an alarming rate!! I was taking these along with amatryptaline and the butrans. I still use the amatryptaline and am currently on 40mgs butrans patches, I'm glad to say I don't have any side effects on these apart from drowsiness when combined with my other meds. I know this is probably stating the obvious, but I really would go back to your doctor if you are still experiencing those side effects. I hope this may be of some kind of use to you, please don't hesitate to ask any further questions, if I can help, I will! :)

Susanne C. 06-29-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lacey Stott (Post 892752)
Hi, I have used baclofen b4, & never experienced any of the effects you have mentioned, but I have also used gabapentin and stopped taking them as I started gaining weight at an alarming rate!! I was taking these along with amatryptaline and the butrans. I still use the amatryptaline and am currently on 40mgs butrans patches, I'm glad to say I don't have any side effects on these apart from drowsiness when combined with my other meds. I know this is probably stating the obvious, but I really would go back to your doctor if you are still experiencing those side effects. I hope this may be of some kind of use to you, please don't hesitate to ask any further questions, if I can help, I will! :)

Hi Lacey,
I would be curious as to what type of neuropathy you have, what your symptoms are like, and how the BuTrans is working for your neuropathic pain, if you would be willing to share. My doctor has recommended this medication for me and I am very curious about it. Thanks!
Susanne

duarte1985 06-29-2012 11:02 PM

med

I wear a 50mcg fentanyl patch so it would be nice to here what Butrans can do.