NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Unable To Walk (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/134876-unable-walk.html)

coffeegirl 10-11-2010 06:59 PM

Unable To Walk

Can someone tell me why I could not walk Sat/Sun mornings? I know that on Friday I over did it beyond what I have done this entire past year- with everything possible. Then Saturday afternoon (not feeling well at all with nausea/vertigo/walking really funny)- sat out in *87 temperature for two football games... for a few hours. Then drove in a car for 2 hours. Sunday repeated the same process.

Both days my legs were so stiff beyond what I ever have experienced. Took meds and went back to bed both mornings until I was physically able to walk- which was 2 hours later both days.

Fatigue: So not normal.

Last night: Left message for Neurologist to call me back about the walking problem.

Today: Neurologist never called me back.

What do I do? Any suggestions? I feel like I'm going nuts. Really. Anymore- I think I need to be sent to the mental ward- and that they are going to tell me it is REALLY in my head- again!!! For the last time. And then I will literally go nuts.

:(

Coffeegirl

EddieF 10-11-2010 07:55 PM

Get your testosterone level checked. Don't ask me why and say you're a girl, just do it.

SallyC 10-11-2010 09:48 PM

You answered your own question, CG, You did too much and your body is rebelling and taking time to heal. Unless this is an exacerbation, there is little your Neuro can do for you.

Rest and give it a little time.:hug:

TheSleeper 10-11-2010 11:27 PM

"sat out in *87 temperature for two football games... for a few hours."

That alone wouldn`t have been a good plan for me.

PolarExpress 10-11-2010 11:59 PM

I'm not a doctor, and I don't play one on TV, but...If I sat out in the sun longer then, oh, 5 minutes, they'd be pouring me into the car for the drive home. Fatigue, noodle-legs, the whole nine yards...How are you feeling after cooling down and resting?

Lynn 10-12-2010 06:18 AM

Yep....

If I sat for two hours in high temperatures, and then had a long car drive I would have trouble walking too. Best way I can describe that feeling - like the legs are really stiff and yet made of jelly all at the same time - or perhaps even belong to someone else....because they weigh a ton and I wouldn't have control over what they did.

The question is, how did you feel after you had cooled down, and had a rest?

So sorry you are going through all this cr*p - I think limboland would be much worse than being able to tackle this Monster head on.

Hugs

Lyn

Dejibo 10-12-2010 06:35 AM

Yeah, what they said. If I sat out in the heat, you would have to drag me home by the hair. I would not be able to sit up on a scooter, let alone walk. :(

Kitty 10-12-2010 09:33 AM

Me, too. Heat and MS do not play well together.

I learned the hard way, too. I just did not want to accept the fact that I couldn't tolerate the heat and would sit myself down in it and dare it to affect me. Well, the heat won. And I now know better. It was a hard lesson to learn but I know how much I hate that feeling of not being able to make my legs work.

tkrik 10-12-2010 10:02 AM

Like the others, sitting in 87 degree weather would have done me in as well. In fact, I would have only made it 5 minutes max before I became a neurological mess - blurred vision, slurred speech and being unable to get sentences out correctly, trouble walking - balance, stiff legs, spasticity, etc. And then to get in a car and drive 2 hours would only add to the mess.:eek:

Also, like others mentioned, how did you feel after you cooled down and rested?

I hope you are doing better.:hug:

hollym 10-12-2010 12:33 PM

I sat at a football game in the heat before I knew I had to take precautions and quite literally could not have walked back to my car by myself. DH was there and was able to get me to the car. My legs just had zero strength and I was physically unable to walk up the hill. That was seriously scary.