NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   It's Almost Daylight Savings Time Time!! (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/166120-daylight-savings-time-time.html)

Kitty 03-06-2012 06:55 PM

It's Almost Daylight Savings Time Time!!

This Saturday night before you go to bed don't forget to turn your clocks an hour ahead (Spring ahead....Fall back) for DST!! Now I can officially go to bed while the sun is still shining! :o

SallyC 03-06-2012 09:07 PM

BAHhhhhhhhhhhh!! I hate it..:mad:

Aren't there parts of Indiana that don't have DST? I'm moving.:D

mochagirl13 03-07-2012 09:49 AM

Woo Hoo!!! :D Now I can let my dog out and it won't be on the cusp of darkness when I get home from work. I can also run errands after work since I don't like to drive at night. I am going to miss the hour of sleep. It will take me weeks to compensate for it.

ANNagain 03-07-2012 11:49 AM

Yes, and the cats don't read clocks so they will stick to the old 10 AM breakfast, 4PM supper and 8 PM bedtime which will be 9pm.

Today is glorious btw, 73 un the sun at this minute! Crazy winter.
ANN

Blessings2You 03-10-2012 07:02 PM

BOO to DST...I sort of understand why, but I hate it.

barb02 03-10-2012 07:25 PM

I would prefer to be on DST all of the time.

Blessings2You 03-10-2012 07:43 PM

I should have said, "BOOOOO to switching back and forth!"

Kitty 03-10-2012 08:22 PM

It never affects me. My sleep patterns are so erratic anyway that I could move my clock back and forth every day and never notice.

My biggest complaint is that I have to have one of my boys change my wall clock for me because it's too heavy for me to lift off the wall and put back. And they were both over here today and what did I forget to ask one of them to do? :mad: Yep......so that clock will remain an hour slow until one of them comes back over! :rolleyes:

Blessings2You 03-10-2012 08:53 PM

When I was working, I liked walking home in the daylight, being able to pull a few weeds after supper.

Now it's about getting on the step stool, trying to get the clock back on the hanger thing, setting them way too early and being confused for three hours because we won't FEEL like doing it at bedtime.

I get spring ahead and fall back, but I'm always confused as to whether I'll be early or late if I mess up and forget, and what time it will REALLY be when the cats wake us up. :confused:

Like right now it's 9 o'clock, but in relationship to tomorrow morning, it's 10 o'clock, and that's past my bedtime BIG time.

Kitty 03-10-2012 09:27 PM

Every year when it's time to change the clocks I'm always reminded of a girl I used to work with. She wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.....and I remember her saying to us how she hated to have to get up at 2 AM just to change her clock! :rolleyes: It would have been funny if she hadn't been serious about it!! :p