NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Spinal Disorders & Back Pain (https://www.neurotalk.org/spinal-disorders-and-back-pain/)
-   -   Surgery next week (https://www.neurotalk.org/spinal-disorders-and-back-pain/228267-surgery-week.html)

PhilfromOz 11-04-2015 04:57 AM

Surgery next week

Great news, after seeing the surgeon yesterday he is going to perform a Lumber Laminectomy where he will remove the pressure by opening the spinal canal and widening it from the back. He will remove bone and other tissue pressing on the affected nerve. Then they can slowly take me off the medication that leaves me fumbling for words in the morning when talking to other teachers and students.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kiwi33 11-04-2015 05:10 AM

Phil, that is good news :).

I hope that the surgery goes well.

PhilfromOz 11-04-2015 05:13 AM

Thank you kiwi33. Yes didn't believe I would get in this quick. Having it done in Brisbane private hospital. Thank you again for the kind wishes.
Phil

St George 2013 11-04-2015 08:34 AM

That Great news Phil !

You have such a great attitude and that is going to help you heal faster !

So happy to hear this and please keep us updated :)

Debi from Georgia

PhilfromOz 11-04-2015 02:40 PM

St. George 2013
Thank you Debi, I have a beautiful family and great friends in my life. I'm very lucky.

Lara 11-05-2015 11:54 PM

Phil,
Wishing you all the best for your surgery next week.

What day will it be?

We'll be thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery. It's been quite a year for you I know.

take care.

PhilfromOz 11-06-2015 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara (Post 1181919)
Phil,
Wishing you all the best for your surgery next week.

What day will it be?

We'll be thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery. It's been quite a year for you I know.

take care.

Thank you so much Lara. It is Thursday and i can't wait. Thanks again for your support. I'll check back in when I'm done.
Phil

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Lara 11-06-2015 12:21 AM

I hope you've stopped trying to ride your bicycle ;)

PhilfromOz 11-06-2015 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara (Post 1181922)
I hope you've stopped trying to ride your bicycle ;)

Ha ha the surgeon took a look at my legs and said my left thigh was waisting because I'm limping and is not getting my full weight on it. No wonder it gives way when i forget about it. You have to laugh. ..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Lara 11-10-2015 04:10 AM

Hi Phil,

I'm thinking you'll be going to hospital tomorrow seeing that your surgery is the next day.

All the very best to you and I hope you have a very speedy recovery.

take care of yourself. :Wave-Hello: