NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Happy Thanksgiving (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/229219-happy-thanksgiving.html)

-Spike- 11-26-2015 10:27 PM

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to each and everyone of you. I pray that in spite of this terrible disease that we suffer from that God would bless each of you abundantly. May God Richly and warmly be with you as the holiday season is now officially here!

-Spike-

zinnia 11-28-2015 03:36 PM

We had a great Thanksgiving. Son and girlfriend cooked the entire meal and brought it over to our house. There was no way I could lift a turkey and get it cooked with the RSD in my foot. I had to accept that I could not do it,that took a while, as this is my first thanksgiving with RSD. I was so happy when he volunteered to do it all. It was delicious! I am so thankful. I hope you all had a great day.

zinnia

Littlepaw 11-28-2015 04:34 PM

Hello and Welcome Zinnia,

I am glad you have a supportive family to be thankful for! And who knows, you might be cooking the turkey again sometime. I was able to drive 400 miles round trip for a one night visit to family. That would've ruined me a year ago.

Sorry you had to come join us but you found a soft place to land. As it sounds like you are new to all this I encourage to hold on to hope. Outcomes are highly variable with up to 80% of people improving over time according to Cleveland Clinic.

Take good care of yourself and keep working that foot as you can without flaring it. Continued gentle exercise is so important to recovery. Come see us when you have questions or news to share.

Sending gentle hugs, :hug:

DejaVu 11-28-2015 05:24 PM

May We Thrive in Gratitude!

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Spike- (Post 1185714)
Happy Thanksgiving to each and everyone of you. I pray that in spite of this terrible disease that we suffer from that God would bless each of you abundantly. May God Richly and warmly be with you as the holiday season is now officially here!

-Spike-

Thanks, Spike! :D

This can be a very challenging time for people, in general.
Adding chronic illness, chronic pain (on any level or any type) may cause the challenge to appear insurmountable.

Our daily challenges, 365 days a year, help us to learn more about ourselves, on all levels, and offer us opportunities to learn what we need in order to survive -- and to thrive -- during some of the most challenging times.

Sounds like "fluff," I know; yet, I have found this to be true for myself and so many others, as well.

It takes time to make necessary adjustments and more time to accept the adjustments we must make. As we learn self-compassion, additional coping skills and a new level of self-care, we can enjoy our holidays, possibly more than ever!:D

For this, I am grateful! :D

May we all enjoy the deeply healing vibration of Gratitude.

:grouphug:

DejaVu

DejaVu 11-28-2015 05:38 PM

Welcome Zinnia!

Quote:

Originally Posted by zinnia (Post 1185957)
We had a great Thanksgiving. Son and girlfriend cooked the entire meal and brought it over to our house. There was no way I could lift a turkey and get it cooked with the RSD in my foot. I had to accept that I could not do it,that took a while, as this is my first thanksgiving with RSD. I was so happy when he volunteered to do it all. It was delicious! I am so thankful. I hope you all had a great day.

zinnia

Hi Zinnia,
Welcome!:D

Littlepaw has written an amazing note welcoming you. I haven't much to add.

It sounds like you learn quickly, Zinnia, realizing you needed assistance with preparing Thanksgiving dinner this year. I am glad you have a supportive family, willing to step in and help out! What a blessing!:D

It's helpful to see the outcome (your son and his significant other cooking the meal and serving it to you) of current limitations (your needing assistance with dinner preparation) as a blessing, just as you have written! :D

I can get so messed up if/when my perspective is off.:eek:
Thanks for reminding me the importance of keeping a positive perspective.

I enjoy the mutual support of community here. :grouphug:

I am very sorry you have cause to join us; however, I am looking forward to your participation with us.

:hug:

DejaVu

-Spike- 11-29-2015 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DejaVu (Post 1185971)
Thanks, Spike! :D

This can be a very challenging time for people, in general.
Adding chronic illness, chronic pain (on any level or any type) may cause the challenge to appear insurmountable.

Our daily challenges, 365 days a year, help us to learn more about ourselves, on all levels, and offer us opportunities to learn what we need in order to survive -- and to thrive -- during some of the most challenging times.

Sounds like "fluff," I know; yet, I have found this to be true for myself and so many others, as well.

It takes time to make necessary adjustments and more time to accept the adjustments we must make. As we learn self-compassion, additional coping skills and a new level of self-care, we can enjoy our holidays, possibly more than ever!:D

For this, I am grateful! :D

May we all enjoy the deeply healing vibration of Gratitude.

:grouphug:

DejaVu

This is so well written and true. Thank you for posting this. It brought a tear of truth to my eye.

RSD ME 11-29-2015 10:40 AM

thanks spike. hope you and everyone else here had a happy thanksgiving too!

PurpleFoot721 11-29-2015 03:47 PM

Thank you Spike for starting this thread and wishing everybody a happy Thanksgiving. We had an enjoyable Thanksgiving despite both my sister and I struggling with our own limitations. My mom is finally coming around and becoming a mom again now that my sister is having to deal with a very difficult surgery recovery that she may never recover fully from, and I having to deal with CRPS like most of us here. We all enjoyed the day, the great food that we all helped to prepare, but most of all, being together as a family.

Zinnia, welcome to the forum. I am sure that you have found that this is a great group of people all supporting each other to deal with the issues that RSD brings.

I hope everyone here had a moment to enjoy themselves for Thanksgiving, and are able to find enough relief during this holiday season to enjoy the rest of it with your family and friends.

zinnia 11-29-2015 04:42 PM

Thank you for welcoming me to the group, and for your encouraging words Littlepaw. As you said hope is so important. While my progress may be slow, it is still progress.

That is awesome you were able to drive that far to visit your family. I well understand what a challenge driving can be, where even putting my foot on the floor was so painful.
peace
zinnia

zinnia 11-29-2015 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DejaVu (Post 1185972)
Hi Zinnia,
Welcome!:D

Littlepaw has written an amazing note welcoming you. I haven't much to add.

It sounds like you learn quickly, Zinnia, realizing you needed assistance with preparing Thanksgiving dinner this year. I am glad you have a supportive family, willing to step in and help out! What a blessing!:D

It's helpful to see the outcome (your son and his significant other cooking the meal and serving it to you) of current limitations (your needing assistance with dinner preparation) as a blessing, just as you have written! :D

I can get so messed up if/when my perspective is off.:eek:
Thanks for reminding me the importance of keeping a positive perspective.

I enjoy the mutual support of community here. :grouphug:

I am very sorry you have cause to join us; however, I am looking forward to your participation with us.

:hug:

DejaVu

Thank you so much DejaVu for helping me step back and see the bigger picture. To be able to see the positive coming out of the negitive, and in the middle of it all along. :) I can see now that I had to become willing to let it all go, in order to be able to receive. Gratitude is an awesome thing.
peace
zinnia