NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Symptoms... (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/42548-symptoms.html)

PatriciaQ 04-01-2008 08:49 AM

Symptoms...

hi - im not sure how to put this in words ,but , basicly , i'll i wanna know is , if your meds can go from good to worse...?...

and , what are the symptoms , if so , also , lol , try not to freak me out , that'd be great...:)

p.s...is this something , i should take up with my neuro...or someone , and , if you need more info on my symptoms or what i mean , just ask away...

thanks...

lady_express_44 04-01-2008 08:52 AM

The most obvious first symptoms are eyesight problems and numbness &/or weakness.

What symptoms are YOU concerned about?

Not sure what you mean with your question about meds. :confused:

Welcome to the forum.

Cherie

weegot5kiz 04-01-2008 08:56 AM

so telling you my left arm fell off the other day and i didnt feel it and have no idea where it fell off :eek:would not be a good thing huh , just kidding,

I can only say as far as meds I have tried my best to stay at low end of doses and minimum amounts of meds and other attmpts at relieving aches ie. massages ice paks soak in hot tub which cant be too hot try to do a basic amount of limbering exercises each day or every otherday, body permitting, unfiortuantely there is not set rules with ms treatments or pains, and talking and working with Neuro is a good way to go write things down so your will remember them when you see him or her

welcome to the group

PatriciaQ 04-01-2008 09:01 AM

umm , hi , that was fast , basicly , iv been taking (Avonex) for almost about (two years) , but , iv been , having pain , all across , the underneath of my breast of the the stomach , and , probs , with bathroom , but , its only happend , the last two times , iv done my (shot) , and , usally starts the next day , and , they goes away , sometimes...

dunno , maybe , this has nothing to do with my (meds) it could be something totaly different , like , the way i , sleep - eat - takecare of my body , i was just asking , to be sure , sry...

thank...

lady_express_44 04-01-2008 10:10 AM

You've had your liver enzymes checked recently?

If this was a consistent problem ("all on"), I'd be inclined to think you might be in an attack (defined as "new or worsening of existing symptoms lasting longer then 24 hrs").

The rib pain might be "the hug", which can be as a result of a new attack or a pseudo exacerbation (defined as "fluctuating symptoms due to infection, stress, fatigue, etc" . . . not really an "attack"). The bathroom problems (urination?) may be from a UTI, which would also answer why you are getting the "hug"; pseudo exacerbation...

I would go be tested for your liver (if you haven't recently), and a UTI or any other infection. I would also mention all of this to your GP.

Cherie

weegot5kiz 04-01-2008 03:10 PM

dont ever be sorry for asking something you want to learn about, no need for that, if you dont ask you will never know. and there are so many tiny factors involved with ms and its meds treatments and ailments,

you will find so many folks on here with so much info and knowledge to offer, just about every day I learn something new here, most times it pertains to MS, sometimes you find out folks like to prance about....... never mind about that.. that is another story lol. I have learned so much and still know so little

Erin524 04-01-2008 06:23 PM

There's a lot of us here who are still "new at MS", even if we've been diagnosed for a year or two, so there's hardly ever any questions that a person needs to be sorry about asking.

SallyC 04-01-2008 09:34 PM

Welcome to the Family, Cinderbrat. Anything we can do or say to help you through..that is why we are all here.

Come back and talk to us...:hug:

PatriciaQ 05-04-2008 03:32 PM

omg!...

im absoultly sry i havent updated everyone , but , ill be back , soon , too , k , promsie