NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Security Disability (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/)
-   -   SSDI payment Center (Baltimore) (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/152230-ssdi-payment-center-baltimore.html)

disab t 06-19-2011 04:16 PM

SSDI payment Center (Baltimore)

Hi, I don't understand my case much but am just thankful I got a Fully Favorable decision. So, I'm not asking any questions. I had my hearing on April 20, 2011. When I got there, my attorney said the judge wants me to go for a consult exam. So, I went to the consult exam on May 19, 2011. Oral over the phone Fully Favorable on June 2 or 3. Got letter on June 8. Well when I called to get status from 800 no. (wanted to make sure my case didn't get pulled for quality review). Well, they looked at my file and came back to the phone and said, I had my hearing on April 20th. Fully Favorable bench decision. (I thought I had to have another court date for that to happen). And said it was at payment center in Baltimore. My application was on July 7, 2009. The alj took my date back to April 8, 2008. (Thankful)

Question: Since payment center is processing my claim like they say, they have my direct deposit information. When should I receive a payment. Payment center had it since June 6, 2011? Which date are they going by for that 60 days? Please help me to understand? Any posts would help, as to most of everyone on this site knows way more than me concerning this. Thank you in advance.

Janke 06-19-2011 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disab t (Post 780018)
Hi, I don't understand my case much but am just thankful I got a Fully Favorable decision. So, I'm not asking any questions. I had my hearing on April 20, 2011. When I got there, my attorney said the judge wants me to go for a consult exam. So, I went to the consult exam on May 19, 2011. Oral over the phone Fully Favorable on June 2 or 3. Got letter on June 8. Well when I called to get status from 800 no. (wanted to make sure my case didn't get pulled for quality review). Well, they looked at my file and came back to the phone and said, I had my hearing on April 20th. Fully Favorable bench decision. (I thought I had to have another court date for that to happen). And said it was at payment center in Baltimore. My application was on July 7, 2009. The alj took my date back to April 8, 2008. (Thankful)

Question: Since payment center is processing my claim like they say, they have my direct deposit information. When should I receive a payment. Payment center had it since June 6, 2011? Which date are they going by for that 60 days? Please help me to understand? Any posts would help, as to most of everyone on this site knows way more than me concerning this. Thank you in advance.

Reasonable expectation of first SSDI check is 30-60 days after the written favorable decision and 60-90 days for retroactive benefits.

But that is a reasonable expectation. What happens with your claim could be different.

bdh1 06-20-2011 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janke (Post 780024)
Reasonable expectation of first SSDI check is 30-60 days after the written favorable decision and 60-90 days for retroactive benefits.

But that is a reasonable expectation. What happens with your claim could be different.

Keep checking your bank acct. I received my back pay a month before I got a letter from SS.

disab t 06-22-2011 04:22 PM

Got backpay in less than 3 weeks

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptcs (Post 780225)
Keep checking your bank acct. I received my back pay a month before I got a letter from SS.

Hi. I wanted everyone to know I got my backpay in less than 3 weeks. Was in my account this morning. Without even a award letter.

finz 06-25-2011 10:07 PM

Congrads !