NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   And more tests (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/59042-tests.html)

braingonebad 11-06-2008 07:21 PM

And more tests

Well maybe something in all this mess will finally show what is making me feel so dreadful.

I was *sick* again and went to my PCP today. I felt like I had a fever but my temp was only about 99 - it usually goes about 96. I ached like crazy, it was hard to even lay down, really tough to sleep.

Other than that I wasn't really sick if you know what I mean. And this happens every 6 wks to 2 months. What the heck?

The doc ordered a whole slew of tests: EMG/MCV (arms and legs) hepatitis battery, T3, t4 and TSH.

CBC, Lytes, BUN, Creatinine, Sed rate, RA titer and ANA titer (I've had only a couple of those before).

And another chest xray because I smoke (I'm down to 1/2 a pack :)).

He gave swelling as one of the reasons for the tests. I said funny he wrote that, since I'd had some swelling in my hands. He said "Yes, I know. I noticed."

A lot of drs I've seen don't listen or don't believe half what you tell them. This man knows what's wrong even if you don't say.

I have no idea how long all that stuff will take - the EMG will take a while, the rest not so much - but I wanna get it done tomorrow if possible. Wish me luck.

Debbie D 11-06-2008 07:38 PM

I am so, so sorry that you're suffering, Kathy...and glad that you have a doc who actually notices things...
I kind of hope that some of the tests come back with an answer...even though I don't want you to have anything that those tests would confirm...
take care of yourself, dear, and I hope that you let us know what's up...:hug:

Gazelle 11-06-2008 10:17 PM

Awww.... Brain.... I'm hoping that something will finally show too, at least through what you already know's wrong. :hug::hug:

I'm so not looking forward to the EMG/MCV for you. It hurts just thinking about it. If you remember, I can't stand EMGs. (can you say "Ouchie"? Sure, I knew you could.) :)

Tell your body for me that it has to stop feeling crappy at least until you get that story written. See, I want to be a test reader for it (duh... the story not your body weirdo!). :D

Glad you have a good doc. Really, truly, and absolutely. Keep us posted about the results.

(And too bad we can't get to the P-bgh get together. I'd love to swing by and pick ya up to go but I ain't a up to it either right now.)

dmplaura 11-06-2008 11:53 PM

I really hope you get some answers and get feeling better asap. :hug:

soxmom 11-07-2008 07:51 AM

praying for answers Cathy. YOu so deserve them. :hug:

hollym 11-07-2008 09:00 AM

OK now, sis it is time to start feeling better. I do hope something shows up to explain all of this, but I'm sorry you have to have that EMG. That goes under the category of tests I will NOT ever be doing again along with the LP. You've had EMG's before as I remember and it doesn't seem like they bothered you as much as they did me and Gazelle.

I wish you were better and that you and the antlered one could visit with us here in the Burgh on Sunday!

braingonebad 11-07-2008 04:54 PM

I would love to be in Pburg! Dang...

Someday they'll be able to beam us from A to B like Star Trek. Then I'll go to all the get togethers.

:)

Well, I did all the labs and the x ray. The EMG/MCV is set for Wednesday. I have a feeling that either that is gonna be really bad or I'll laugh it off. My nerves either are too sensitive or I can barely feel pain, it changes all the time.

But the way my shocks are, it's going to take pretty good zaps from their machine to really fip me out.

I dread driving up to the hospital more than the tests - except the blood work EWWWW. Six vials - and she had ME hold them! ~faint~

:o

I do have a good doc. I wish you guys could meet him. I tell dh I'm running off to Italy with him.

:p

Gazelle 11-07-2008 06:08 PM

Oh good. You run off to Italy with the doc and I'll have TWO people I can visit there. :D

I'm voting "Yes" for you running away with the doc to Italy. Just get a pool or a villa near the sea, ok?

NurseNancy 11-09-2008 04:17 PM

i'm glad most of it is done brain.
your dr is a real winner. my dr takes me seriously too.

i hope you get the answers that will help your care.
and i hope you get to feeling better soon. :hug:

weegot5kiz 11-09-2008 04:30 PM

Brain sorry I missed this good luck on the EMG, now you have that avatar and yur sceered of a lil old blood, hope you get an answer or the villa by the sea