NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Chat (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/)
-   -   Sometimes it doesn't pay to save money -- Rant! (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/95970-sometimes-doesnt-pay-save-money-rant.html)

Twinkletoes 07-31-2009 02:18 PM

Sometimes it doesn't pay to save money -- Rant!

Sheesh! I just found out I've spent nearly $45 to (supposedly) Save Money on travel, shopping, dining, hotels, etc. My Visa has been charged $14.95 a month to participate in something called "Easy Saver."

How did I get signed up? The lady said it was through ProFlowers, which I did use before Mothers Day to send bouquets to my daughters and daughters-in-law.

After I placed the flower order, there was a box you could click to save $15 on your next order, so I clicked it. BAD IDEA! :mad: That automatically signed me up for this useless "service".

I guess they sent me one email that explained things. Well, I didn't recognize "Easy Saver" and most likely put it in the junk box. I phoned the number listed with the account charge. I wasn't nasty, but I was very Firm and finally got transferred to the "consumer affairs" dept. Missy agreed to refund my money.

It's hard to know How to save money when they don't have a website that explains their services. When you go to "MyEasySaver.com" you have to sign in first. There are no ads or pretty pictures to make you think that this would be a wonderful service to belong to.

Missy said that people purchase and give Gift Cards and then receive a 20% refund (for having bought the gift card). So does that mean people who Receive the Gift Cards are also automatically signed up to get ripped off?

What a SCAM!

hollym 07-31-2009 05:14 PM

I hate those things! My husband nearly did the same thing with ProFlowers. He was ordering flowers for me from my son for Mother's Day and (thankfully) he called me at work and asked if I had seen that save $15 thing before (because I'm the one who usually uses ProFlowers).

I told him to read it carefully before doing anything. I think he had to click through to another page and read through something the size of the Constitution (and all of the Amendments) before realizing it was a scam. I'll bet they take a lot of people. I'm glad they refunded you!

ConsiderThis 08-02-2009 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twinkletoes (Post 545553)
Sheesh! I just found out I've spent nearly $45 to (supposedly) Save Money on travel, shopping, dining, hotels, etc. My Visa has been charged $14.95 a month to participate in something called "Easy Saver."

How did I get signed up? The lady said it was through ProFlowers, which I did use before Mothers Day to send bouquets to my daughters and daughters-in-law.

After I placed the flower order, there was a box you could click to save $15 on your next order, so I clicked it. BAD IDEA! :mad: That automatically signed me up for this useless "service".

I guess they sent me one email that explained things. Well, I didn't recognize "Easy Saver" and most likely put it in the junk box. I phoned the number listed with the account charge. I wasn't nasty, but I was very Firm and finally got transferred to the "consumer affairs" dept. Missy agreed to refund my money.

It's hard to know How to save money when they don't have a website that explains their services. When you go to "MyEasySaver.com" you have to sign in first. There are no ads or pretty pictures to make you think that this would be a wonderful service to belong to.

Missy said that people purchase and give Gift Cards and then receive a 20% refund (for having bought the gift card). So does that mean people who Receive the Gift Cards are also automatically signed up to get ripped off?

What a SCAM!

Those things are SUCH a rip off. I just hate it. My Deutsche Bank National Trust Company mortgage servicer, Ocwen, used to send me the most deceptive things. Every single month there was something.

I sure hope I win my Adversary Proceeding against them (and their lawyer) for violating the automatic stay. !!!!!!!