NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Laser therapy for rsd (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/125757-laser-therapy-rsd.html)

Maizy 06-23-2010 06:35 PM

Laser therapy for rsd

HI,
I am new here and not sure if I am putting this in the right place. I posted earlier on RSD but I accidently put it in somebodys listing. I hope this is a separate listing.

Anyway, last Oct. I had lab work done and that is when RSD started. It is in my left elbow. It did not hurt all the time until Dec. At that time I found out what the problem was. Pain Dr. was going to do the nerve block. Because of my many, many drug allergies and cannot take dye I could not have it done.
I take no medications because of my allergies. I had ultra sound which did not help. Had myofascial relief and had horrible reaction to it and also to the stretching the tech wanted me to do.

I found information on laser therapy and now interested in trying it. Read that it did help people with RSD. Cold therapy is the one to use. Trying to decide whether to use Class IV or Class 3. Company that has IV says it goes
deeper and better to use than Class 3 and says it is for wounds. Class 3
supposedly does go deep enough for RSD.

Has anybody tried laser therapy? If so, did it work for you and did they use
Class IV or Class 3?

The pain is terrible as you all know so I hope laser therapy works.

Maizy

Mslday 06-23-2010 08:42 PM

Hi Maizy,

I'm sorry to hear you have so much trouble with allergies to the many meds used for RSD. I understand as I am very sensitive too. You have come to the right place as there are so many knowledgeable and supportive people here.

I did try a laser therapy machine, one that my podiatrist was trying out and I absolutely hated it. I did 3 treatments and it caused me to flare up very badly.

What is the machine is it you are thinking of trying?

The one I tried was an Infrared laser. My podiatrist sent it back to the manufacture because most people didn't find it beneficial.

There seems to be a lot of hype around laser machines for pain and I would be cautious about trying any other type of treatment on my affected foot after my last experience.

Gentle hugs.

MsL

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maizy (Post 668027)
HI,
I am new here and not sure if I am putting this in the right place. I posted earlier on RSD but I accidently put it in somebodys listing. I hope this is a separate listing.

Anyway, last Oct. I had lab work done and that is when RSD started. It is in my left elbow. It did not hurt all the time until Dec. At that time I found out what the problem was. Pain Dr. was going to do the nerve block. Because of my many, many drug allergies and cannot take dye I could not have it done.
I take no medications because of my allergies. I had ultra sound which did not help. Had myofascial relief and had horrible reaction to it and also to the stretching the tech wanted me to do.

I found information on laser therapy and now interested in trying it. Read that it did help people with RSD. Cold therapy is the one to use. Trying to decide whether to use Class IV or Class 3. Company that has IV says it goes
deeper and better to use than Class 3 and says it is for wounds. Class 3
supposedly does go deep enough for RSD.

Has anybody tried laser therapy? If so, did it work for you and did they use
Class IV or Class 3?

The pain is terrible as you all know so I hope laser therapy works.

Maizy

SBOWLING 06-23-2010 09:02 PM

I tried it a couple of years ago and it was not successful for me. We all respond diffrently so it may work for you.

Jomar 06-23-2010 11:28 PM

Low level laser works great for my muscle pain, sore shoulder, sore wrist, elbows, foot/Plantar fasciitis.. but I don't have RSD so can't help on that part of it.

AintSoBad 06-24-2010 02:13 AM

I had it done quite some time ago, to no effect.
It was a waste of my time.
I hope you find something that works for you, there's nothing wrong with trying it!

Pete

edever34 06-24-2010 04:25 PM

I did this prior to diagnosis for 3 months 3 times a week. I had NO relief-Sometimes worse after treatments. Sorry-Carol

Maizy 06-24-2010 04:26 PM

Laser therapy for rsd

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mslday (Post 668072)
Hi Maizy,

I'm sorry to hear you have so much trouble with allergies to the many meds used for RSD. I understand as I am very sensitive too. You have come to the right place as there are so many knowledgeable and supportive people here.

I did try a laser therapy machine, one that my podiatrist was trying out and I absolutely hated it. I did 3 treatments and it caused me to flare up very badly.

What is the machine is it you are thinking of trying?

The one I tried was an Infrared laser. My podiatrist sent it back to the manufacture because most people didn't find it beneficial.

There seems to be a lot of hype around laser machines for pain and I would be cautious about trying any other type of treatment on my affected foot after my last experience.

Gentle hugs.

MsL

Hi MsL,
Thank you for your reply. Sorry you had such a bad experience with the Infrared laser.
The ones I am thinking about is LiteCure which is Class IV and Thor which is Class 3. Both are Cold lasers. Info on both can be found on the internet. Putting laser therapy in Google brings up a lot of different ones.

Maizy 06-24-2010 04:35 PM

Laser therapy for rsd

Quote:

Originally Posted by edever34 (Post 668383)
I did this prior to diagnosis for 3 months 3 times a week. I had NO relief-Sometimes worse after treatments. Sorry-Carol

Hi Carol,
Sorry to hear you didn't get any relief. I am thinking I probably wouldn't either.........and possibly worse because my body is super sensative to everything.
Were you use the low level laser........or the highest one which is Class IV?

I just sent a reply to the lady that posted a msg. first. Went back to where I posted my msgs.........and where yours is but I do not see reply to her. So
have no idea if you will see this or not. As I mentioned I am new here and I feel like a DUH.
Thanks so much for your information.

Maizy