NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   7 Ways to Manage Stress (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/58462-7-manage-stress.html)

Vowel Lady 11-01-2008 05:35 AM

7 Ways to Manage Stress

Saw this on Yahoo this morning and it looked good
http://health.yahoo.com/experts/drma...-slash-stress/
1. Starts your day with meditation
2. Diet and Herbs (Double check w/ your doc. See below)
3. Positive Thinking
4. Exercise
5. Retreat to avoid Burnout
6. Journal...write it down.
7. Use nature to gain perspective

(**I think calcium/magnesium/B vitamins/Fish Oil works very well for me personally. Everyone is different).

:)

Mickeycbee 11-01-2008 10:04 PM

I totally agree with you, personally I go for organic, health food to get my omega's, b vitamins, zinc, magnesium, etc. In addition to this I also take a multi-b-complex, acidopholus ( gets the good bacteria back in the bowel ), astragalus ( packed with vitamin b and helps the adrenal function, spirulina (which controls blood sugar swings and food cravings ), and I could go on with a few more, but I think you get the point.
I am a HUGE fan of Dr. Gillian McKeith, she has a few books out and they are wonderful.:hug:

befuddled2 11-01-2008 11:53 PM

Thank you. I should do the jounaling.

befuddled2

Yellowfever 11-02-2008 12:16 AM

I do 4 out of 7 of those in my day hurray! I am doing something right! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vowel Lady (Post 400176)
Saw this on Yahoo this morning and it looked good
http://health.yahoo.com/experts/drma...-slash-stress/
1. Starts your day with meditation
2. Diet and Herbs (Double check w/ your doc. See below)
3. Positive Thinking
4. Exercise
5. Retreat to avoid Burnout
6. Journal...write it down.
7. Use nature to gain perspective

(**I think calcium/magnesium/B vitamins/Fish Oil works very well for me personally. Everyone is different).

:)

Mari 11-02-2008 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yellowfever (Post 400732)
I do 4 out of 7 of those in my day hurray! I am doing something right! :D

Dear Fevah,
i try to remember to take B vits and fish oil and a few other things at least every other day. But I forgot today.
I can't take Calcium.
I do remember to take Magnesium.

What do you do to remember to take these?
I am afraid sometimes that taking them will help me forget to take my regular meds --- not enough memory for both I guess :eek:

Mari

Bdix 11-02-2008 10:44 AM

Dear Mari:
For my family I use the plastic pill dispensers that have the day of the week on the lid. They sell them big enough to hold all your pills. I have my Empowerplus and omega3 and calcium. I fill it every week; otherwise I would forget to take it. I also use this system with each child. 2 of them have their medication/supplements, and the other 2 have their supplements in them, and they brush their teeth, comb their hair, take their pills, and them come eat breakfast. For the 2 that also take evening doses, they have a yellow box for morning and a blue box for evening.
(I know that alot of parents freak out over their kids managing their own medication, but I think its important that it becomes a routine part of their life. I fill it once a week and put it in the bathroom, and they take it from there.)

Works for us anyway. :)

Mari 11-02-2008 01:25 PM

pill organizers

Dear Bobi,
Actually I do remember to take the vitamins.
What I worry about is taking them and forgetting the meds. I've done that a few times.
Mabye I could take vits in the AM and meds in the PM. I need a way to separate them timewise.

After I take a vit, my brain thinks that that counted for meds.

Most of this would be solved if I used the pill boxes you talk about. I used to buy them often and had quite a collection.
And I did use them successfully for awhile.
I don't know why I resist using them lately.

Mabye I should just start again and do it.

Mari

bizi 11-02-2008 02:55 PM

I take my vitamins in the morning and my rx meds at night along with slow mag...i am supposed to chew calcium twice a day but forget.
I accidently put the mag in a pill box last year and it was not good, they put those little plastic hydo absorbers in the bottles for a reason, the mag pills sweeted out and were very bitter.Yuck!
bizi

Mari 11-02-2008 03:15 PM

Hi,

UGH -- cross tasting of pills!

I take magnesium at night too. But I mix the powder in water. The drink does not confuse me.

I really really need to get on board with the pill organizers.
I wonder if I have one available -- can't spend even a penny until pay day on Friday.

M.

Bdix 11-02-2008 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mari (Post 400966)
Hi,

UGH -- cross tasting of pills!

I take magnesium at night too. But I mix the powder in water. The drink does not confuse me.

I really really need to get on board with the pill organizers.
I wonder if I have one available -- can't spend even a penny until pay day on Friday.

M.

Call your pharmacy. At least where I live, they will give you the medication dispensers or a pill box for free if you fill prescriptions there. I have a collection lol.