NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Weight Loss & Healthy Living (https://www.neurotalk.org/weight-loss-and-healthy-living/)
-   -   Not very many people interested in this community huh? (https://www.neurotalk.org/weight-loss-and-healthy-living/103726-people-community-huh.html)

prettynpinkk 09-23-2009 01:12 PM

Not very many people interested in this community huh?

Hi there, I have been on this site beofre and has always found great help. I would like to start working out again, doing food jourals , etc. I thought it would be easier if I could grab a few motivated people to be in the jouney with me but it seems that not too many people are coming on this community. Anyone prove me wrong?

Jomar 09-23-2009 01:59 PM

I've been getting into yoga a bit, maybe reporting will help me do it more regularly.

Kitty 09-23-2009 02:09 PM

There is a thread called Judy's Inspiration Alley that lots of people post on. Sort of an ongoing thread that documents everyone's efforts and weight loss success. You might be interested in taking a look at it......here's the link.

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread94231.html

prettynpinkk 09-23-2009 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitty (Post 569847)
There is a thread called Judy's Inspiration Alley that lots of people post on. Sort of an ongoing thread that documents everyone's efforts and weight loss success. You might be interested in taking a look at it......here's the link.

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread94231.html

Thanks for the info Kitty

I went and look at all 10 pages of replies. Not saying I did not find in interesting. There was 5 people out of all and there was talk about health problems between family members than it was about what I am looking for. I'm looking for people that have lost weight successfully and tips how they did it. I may start a blog myself soon.

Kitty 09-23-2009 05:38 PM

Foolproof method: Burn more calories than you take in. :cool: Works every time! :D :D

NurseNancy 09-23-2009 08:00 PM

that might be because a lot of people are having trouble being successful.
for me, weight has been a lifelong issue and i havn't been winning in a while.
i originally lost 40 lbs over a yr and started walking. i'm still walking but have gained 20lbs back.

when i first started the first thing i did was clean out my fridge and cupboards of "bad" food. then i went shopping and replaced it with better choices.
i kept a food diary. i saw a RD. i did portion control. and i ate less times in the day.

for me, weight is also an emotional battle. one i havn't been winning.
i always want to be thinner because it would help me in so many ways. i could probably come off my diabetes and BP meds. i might get rid of my sleep apnea. i might have less pain. i might be able to move better and exercise more. lots of great reasons. and i'm ashamed to say i'm not doing a damn thing about it. that's why i don't talk about my weight much.

i'm not proud of myself.

prettynpinkk 09-23-2009 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NurseNancy (Post 569989)
that might be because a lot of people are having trouble being successful.
for me, weight has been a lifelong issue and i havn't been winning in a while.
i originally lost 40 lbs over a yr and started walking. i'm still walking but have gained 20lbs back.

when i first started the first thing i did was clean out my fridge and cupboards of "bad" food. then i went shopping and replaced it with better choices.
i kept a food diary. i saw a RD. i did portion control. and i ate less times in the day.

for me, weight is also an emotional battle. one i havn't been winning.
i always want to be thinner because it would help me in so many ways. i could probably come off my diabetes and BP meds. i might get rid of my sleep apnea. i might have less pain. i might be able to move better and exercise more. lots of great reasons. and i'm ashamed to say i'm not doing a damn thing about it. that's why i don't talk about my weight much.

i'm not proud of myself.

Thanks for the reply....

You should not define who you are and your great characteristics by how much you weigh. I am very serious about losing weight. I dnt have much to lose , I am really trying to work out to just be healthy , and increase my anxiety and depression. I will be taking a very expensive wide range of neurological testing which I know could be a bit different if I exercise. So are in. We can be a team.

NurseNancy 09-23-2009 10:41 PM

i hope you get the answers you need from your tests.
it's hard to schedule tests, have them and then wait for results.

i can't commit to being on board. not because of you but because i'm not ready to make wise choices yet. i don't know why. but once i make up my mind i'm rock solid. start without me. you can do it. i will watch your progress.

when i started walking i set my goal at something i knew i could meet. for me it was 5 min of walking. it's been a couple of yrs but i'm doing 15 min now.
i was dx'd almost 7 yrs now and i'm still walking and driving.

thanks for your support.

Dmom3005 11-01-2009 07:04 PM

There used to be a group of us that were talking about what we were doing:

Eating, exercising and what kind of health problems we dealt with too.
Mainly like my fibromyalgia and dizziness makes it impossible at times to
do the right kind. So I change my routine.

Then at times I change the foods too, because I have better luck with
different things.

I just posted some success for me.

Donna:grouphug:

FaithS 12-17-2010 07:33 PM

Hi Pink!

Just posted, for the first time, on the weight loss forum http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread141069.html.

Would be glad to find someone else interested in talking weight loss.

~ Faith