NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Going to the bathroom was almost hazardous to my health... (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/130681-bathroom-hazardous-health.html)

Earl 08-19-2010 02:08 PM

Going to the bathroom was almost hazardous to my health...

Don't want to seem icky but you'll understand as I go on.

I was just in the bathroom sitting on the throne. I felt something on my forehead Thinking it was a fly, I was going to try to kill it when I looked in the mirror beside me, and saw it was a small brown spider. I flicked it into the sink, closed the drain and put some water in it, once it died I noticed it was a brown recluse.

If you don't know them, they are very poisonous spiders and if it had bitten me, that could have been VERY bad...and today is Laura (DW)'s birthday.

Man am I thankful for not just swatting it.

YIKES!!!!!!

Erin524 08-19-2010 02:31 PM

Spiders!?

EEEEeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEeeeeeKKKKKKKK!$#!!!eleventy~!! ~:eek:

I hate spiders.

and yes, it's good you didnt just smoosh it on your forehead.

My aunt was bitten by a black widow about 9yrs ago. It made her pretty sick and she still has a scar on her leg from where the bite got infected.

This is why we have Orkin spray our house every month. (I'm so glad I got my closet cleaned out, now I can let the Orkin man spray my closet for spiders)

Blessings2You 08-19-2010 02:35 PM

Note to self: stay out of Phoenix.

Kitty 08-19-2010 02:45 PM

Didn't you also have a snake in your house once, Earl?

I'd be thinking of moving to the top floor of a hi-rise building! :p

AfterMyNap 08-19-2010 05:23 PM

Didja cook 'im up and eat 'im?

They tell me those are rampant down here in NC as well. I don't think I'd know one if I saw one, best get to know it I suppose.

I recently learned of a reptile I'd never heard of, it's a blue-tailed skink. The tail is really pretty in the sunlight and a couple of them visit me often. They're harmless so I'll share.

Since you've lost the poor thing to fate, want me to catch you some new ones and send 'em down?

SallyC 08-19-2010 06:49 PM

Note to self.. Stay the heck out of NC, too. :eek:

nemsmom 08-20-2010 07:33 PM

I agree, Eeeeeewwwwww spiders!

We have Hobo spiders here and they are nasty! Scares the crap out of me to say I have found several in my house.

So glad you got it before it got you!

SallyC 08-20-2010 09:02 PM

When ever I kill a suspect spider, I always ask, "where is it's mate and fambly":eek:
I get visits from BIG*** centipedes, once in awhile. Sometimes the thought of one of those slithering around is an all nighter.:yikes:

legzzalot 08-21-2010 12:17 PM

OMG! I got bit by one of those nasty little things. And every summer I get a huge bruise and a knot in my leg where it got me. No reason just pops up out of nowhere. I was actually thankful that it got me. I was babysitting for a friend and it bit me when I climbed into the bed with DD who was less than a year old at the time.