NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Acupuncture & PN (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/57573-acupuncture-pn.html)

numbfoot 10-23-2008 10:31 AM

Acupuncture & PN

Just did a quick search but nothing came up, maybe I didn't do it right.
What are the thoughts here of Acupuncture to treat PN. I did try 6 or seven treatments when I first got the symptoms but didn't notice any change.
I see references on Google to it being used.

Brian 10-23-2008 11:11 AM

When i first got neuropathy i asked a gp of whom i see for another problem [who is very experienced in accupunture with about 60 years of experience] about if acupunture could help my neuropathy, he's answer was " no way, sorry " , i told him i have phoned other accupuntrists previously who claim they may be able to help, but he said " they must need the money, i don't "., this guy is in his 80's and still practising medicine & accupunture.

Brian :)

Monica de Lara 10-23-2008 01:35 PM

I visited an acupuncturist sometime ago. I personally find little releif but it each session was very expensive and i decided to stop going. I would say give it a try, acupuncture has a very interesting theory behind.

numbfoot 10-23-2008 05:09 PM

I found a reference to "Plum Blossom Acupuncture" for the soles of the feet.
Has anyone tryed that?

Cheryl 10-24-2008 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by numbfoot (Post 395059)
Just did a quick search but nothing came up, maybe I didn't do it right.
What are the thoughts here of Acupuncture to treat PN. I did try 6 or seven treatments when I first got the symptoms but didn't notice any change.
I see references on Google to it being used.

Hi - I have severe PN in feet, hands and legs. I tried accupuncture a few years ago and it did nothing. It was a very pleasant and relaxing experience but did nothing for the pain. After 4 treatments, the accupuncurist suggested I stop. It was quite expensive - insurance would not cover it.

Cheryl

numbfoot 10-27-2008 11:31 PM

Anyone else tryed this, especially the "Plum Blossom Acupuncture"

nide44 10-28-2008 08:13 AM

Acupuncture doesn't work
for PN of the hands, legs or feet.

numbfoot 10-28-2008 11:20 PM

OK then I'll toss that idea in the bin.
Thanks for all the replies.

Macophile 10-31-2008 12:06 PM

Oh well, I was thinking about that too.

What about hypnotherapy or Massage therapy? does anyone know about results from these kinds of treatments?

jsrail 11-07-2008 10:38 AM

I have had 3 acupuncture treatments so far (w/ electrical stimulation) since a good friend of mine has been nagging me to go and she is paying for them. The Chinese doc says she has seen good results in nerve repair in a hospital in India she work in. Frankly, it hasn't done a thing to relieve any pain and actually is painful in itself that I have to have her turn off the stimulation. I think its a waste of time and money (though not mine). But it makes my dear friend happy. so there ya go.