NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/)
-   -   Spinal Stimulator (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/224243-spinal-stimulator.html)

Eight 08-07-2015 10:56 AM

Spinal Stimulator

Has anybody had a spinal stimulator after rib resection, scalenectomy, and pec minor release surgery/surgeries?

I'm so tired of taking so much medicine. My TENS unit helps a lot, but I hate walking around with cords dangling off me, and I don't use it as much as what might help me because the whole process is weird to me, the pads fall off, lose their stickiness, etc...

I'm thinking it might be a good option for a few years while nerves regenerate and muscles develop. I know that we experience pain because our bodies are trying to tell us something....but I've got that TOS pain message engraved in my soul.

Akash 08-07-2015 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eight (Post 1160804)
Has anybody had a spinal stimulator after rib resection, scalenectomy, and pec minor release surgery/surgeries?

I'm so tired of taking so much medicine. My TENS unit helps a lot, but I hate walking around with cords dangling off me, and I don't use it as much as what might help me because the whole process is weird to me, the pads fall off, lose their stickiness, etc...

I'm thinking it might be a good option for a few years while nerves regenerate and muscles develop. I know that we experience pain because our bodies are trying to tell us something....but I've got that TOS pain message engraved in my soul.

Have you tried PEMF therapy? There is the Somapulse and there are less expensive variants, which is a portable unit. I don't know if they can rent it out for you try it. It has good results for pain relief. We've tried it at home and it does work for some amount of pain relief.

booklover 08-07-2015 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eight (Post 1160804)

Hi Eight, I've had a cervical medtronic neurostimulator for 8 yrs. My experience has generally been very positive with better pain control than tens, you can look back through my old posts for more detail. I'm totally with you re the annoying issues re tens. There are some with stimulator too, like battery recharging time, lead migration, infection risk and I've had issues with battery migration to skin. You may want to post on scs site for more opinions good luck with your decision, booklover