NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Pets & Wildlife (https://www.neurotalk.org/pets-and-wildlife/)
-   -   Yorkshire Art, and Farther Afield. (https://www.neurotalk.org/pets-and-wildlife/214750-yorkshire-art-farther-afield.html)

EnglishDave 01-13-2015 06:39 PM

Yorkshire Art, and Farther Afield.

On the 12th I was taken to a family function at a venue which had examples of the works of Yorkshire Wildlife Artist Robert E Fuller on show. I had forgotten how spectacular his artwork is, having visited his Gallery in Thixendale many years ago.
Now, thanks to the Net, you can visit too where he explains how and where he painted the pictures.
I have a special affinity for his work as he depicts the same creatures I used to see when I could get out around my village and local Nature Reserves.

Dave.

Lara 01-13-2015 07:51 PM

I hope you enjoyed your day Dave.

I just looked at his gallery online from Fotherdale Farm.
I really liked his paintings and it's always nice for me to see birds and animals from other places.

There are a couple of amazing Barn Owl paintings I just saw and I really enjoyed seeing his paintings of the birds from the Galapagos Islands. That's a place I would have loved to have visited.

Another favourite was a painting of the cutest little rolled up hedgehog.

Thanks for sharing from your part of the world. :)

mrsD 01-13-2015 09:24 PM

These are wonderful..
I am partial to the deer and the boxing
bunnies.;)

mrsD 01-14-2015 05:04 PM

Fuller's wildlife diary is interesting too:

EnglishDave 01-14-2015 05:40 PM

So glad you enjoyed Mr Fuller's work AND between you hit on my favourite 'Connection Paintings'. I watch Barn Owls hunt in the field in front of my house where the Hares box and chase every Spring. Hedgehogs frequent my garden, and in past years I have had to send youngsters off to local rescuers when Winter sets in early. My village is surrounded by woods, arable and open farmland where the Deer run free.
I am lucky to be surrounded by Nature's Beauty which I can still enjoy being stuck inside.

Dave.

ger715 01-14-2015 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnglishDave (Post 1118399)
So glad you enjoyed Mr Fuller's work AND between you hit on my favourite 'Connection Paintings'. I watch Barn Owls hunt in the field in front of my house where the Hares box and chase every Spring. Hedgehogs frequent my garden, and in past years I have had to send youngsters off to local rescuers when Winter sets in early. My village is surrounded by woods, arable and open farmland where the Deer run free.
I am lucky to be surrounded by Nature's Beauty which I can still enjoy being stuck inside.

Dave.

Looking out from the inside is like framing a lovely picture of the beauty of nature. How lovely!

Gerry