NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   SCS now out (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/33780-scs.html)

sue k 12-12-2007 04:38 PM

SCS now out

Hi everyone,
I had surgery on Monday to get the scs out. Now the lead that was sitting on a nerve is gone and the battery that kept moving and pushing against my
skin. Everytime it rained or it was damp outside the pain was off the charts. I am hoping noe that its gone this will be one less pian to deal with. Except for the pain from the cuts and the sleepiness, I am felling pretty good. Its also nice to be wsited on by my hubby. I think I'ii try to carry that out a bit longer. I hope everyone is well.

Sue K

Sandel 12-12-2007 05:41 PM

((((hugs))))

Hi Sue..

I hope this removal makes a huge diffrence for you.. seems all of the treatments work diffrently for each of us.. sometimes what works so well for one is considered invasive by another body.. I am glad you got it out in time to enjoy the holiday season more than you would have.. myself I will just be glad to spend christmas at home this year instead of hospital :p
Happy holidays bud,
Sandra

Imahotep 12-13-2007 01:08 AM

Good luck.

Desi 12-13-2007 05:23 PM

Hi ya Sue!! Good to see you. I feel bad.. so bad for you!! Good to see you.. and YES have that hubby of yours wait on ya, sweetie!! LOL Love ya!! ~Desi

dreambeliever128 12-13-2007 06:56 PM

Hi Sue,

Sorry to hear that things didn't go well with the SCS. What works for some doesn't work for others.

Hope you start feeling better soon.

Ada

ali12 12-14-2007 08:29 AM

Sorry about the problems you are experiencing

Hi Sue K,
I am so sorry about the problems you have had with your SCS. I hope that you start having low pain days now that the SCS is out.
Take care
Pain free hugs
Love
Alison

JOAN_M 12-14-2007 11:03 AM

I Just Talked On The Phone To My Hip Sister Sue And She Sounds Tired But Good. I Am Relieved That Here Scs Came Out And That She Had No Complications From That Procedure. She Is A Very Special Person. So, Love To You Sue!!!! Joan

sue k 12-17-2007 06:21 PM

Thank you Joan. I was so happy to talk to you. Love you too.

Sue

bassman 12-19-2007 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue k (Post 176014)
Hi everyone,
I had surgery on Monday to get the scs out. Now the lead that was sitting on a nerve is gone and the battery that kept moving and pushing against my
skin.
Sue K

Sue,

Thanks for your post. I am considering getting my SCS removed as well. Not only has it lost effectiveness over time, but now it is really pushing against my skin. I lost over 45 lb since the generator was installed, and no longer have "all that padding" in the hip area. I wear a lidocaine patch over the SCS daily. It feels like I am sitting on a rock. The lump is now quite noticible and when I fly the TSA screeners are sometimes very suspicious of the hard object. (I am not complaining about that - I am glad they are cautious.)

I hope you will be glad you decided to get it removed. No sense continuing with something that is causing more pain or even discomfort. We all get enough of that as it is.

Mike

sue k 12-20-2007 02:06 PM

Mike,
Mine was also pushing on my skin. It felt like it was going to come right through. The lead sitting on the nerve was also very painful. I feel so much better with it out and taking it out was so much easier than when they put it in. It sounds like you would feel much better with it out. Take care.

Sue