NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Hi all, left the husband and moved north (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/162106-hi-left-husband-moved-north.html)

Jodylee 12-16-2011 08:42 AM

Hi all, left the husband and moved north

I left my stbx on Friday. I filed for divorce on Thursday.

My best firend flew to Florida and drove me, my car and my cat up north to PA. I'm living with my dad for a while until I get back on my feet.

My sons stayed in Florida, they're in their twenty's but always lived with us. I miss them desperately. I don't miss my husband of 25 years at all. It was a very toxic marriage for me. I'm hoping that my MS symptoms will improve after I'm away from him for a while. It was an unbelievably stressful relationship.

I know things aren't going to be easy but it has to be better than what I had to deal with for all of those years. I'm going to be back in my childhood bedroom again! It feels really strange, lol.

Kitty 12-16-2011 09:12 AM

Well, I'm breathing a big sigh of relief. :) You did the right thing. I'm proud of you. :hug:

mochagirl13 12-16-2011 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jodylee (Post 832838)
I left my stbx on Friday. I filed for divorce on Thursday.

My best firend flew to Florida and drove me, my car and my cat up north to PA. I'm living with my dad for a while until I get back on my feet.

My sons stayed in Florida, they're in their twenty's but always lived with us. I miss them desperately. I don't miss my husband of 25 years at all. It was a very toxic marriage for me. I'm hoping that my MS symptoms will improve after I'm away from him for a while. It was an unbelievably stressful relationship.

I know things aren't going to be easy but it has to be better than what I had to deal with for all of those years. I'm going to be back in my childhood bedroom again! It feels really strange, lol.

You are so BRAVE!!!! Glad you got your parent's support. I hope the holidays find you in good spirits and good health for a MS'er. Know that you made the best decision possible for yourself.

Happy Holidays!
Mocha

Jules A 12-16-2011 10:16 AM

Good for you! No one should have to live in a less than respectful relationship.

TwoKidsTwoCats 12-16-2011 10:21 AM

I'm glad you are finding a peaceful place in life for yourself. It's always sad when a marriage ends, but when the 2nd party won't seek help when they know there's a problem... well you just have to do what you have to.

:hug:

barb02 12-16-2011 10:53 AM

Glad you made it to your dad's. Maybe next summer when I am home, I can drive over and meet up with you and Holly.

tkrik 12-16-2011 11:10 AM

Glad you made it safely to your dad's. Good luck on opening up this brand new chapter in your life. How lucky you are to have this opportunity to start anew. :hug:

kicker 12-16-2011 11:47 AM

I think you're gonna like your new life.

Blessings2You 12-16-2011 11:48 AM

What a hard step to take, but you did it! I remember when my first husband and I divorced, I wept with relief and sadness in equal amounts. It was like a death--the death of a relationship that "could have been".

I agree, that took a lot of courage! The future is bright!

hollym 12-16-2011 01:36 PM

Well hot dang! Give me a call sometime if you still have my number. We will have to get together after the holidays for some coffee!