NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Help for allodynia (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/240262-help-allodynia.html)

BioBased 09-22-2016 09:37 AM

Help for allodynia

This past Friday a dear friend suffered a massive stroke made that much worse, because she wasn't found for six hours. Today, due to certain signs, it appears that she may survive this. Great news, but what is ahead is likely to be difficult with grueling months of rehab, so I have been researching, specifically the benefits of Aqua PT.

I came across the following article with information that might benefit someone in this community.

Immersed: How I Found a Way (After Decades of Trying) to Help My Allodynia and Nerve Pain - Health Rising

Shay08 09-22-2016 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioBased (Post 1224515)
This past Friday a dear friend suffered a massive stroke made that much worse, because she wasn't found for six hours. Today, due to certain signs, it appears that she may survive this. Great news, but what is ahead is likely to be difficult and grueling months of rehab, so I have been researching, specifically the benefits of Aqua PT.

I came across the following article with information that might benefit someone in this community.

Immersed: How I Found a Way (After Decades of Trying) to Help My Allodynia and Nerve Pain - Health Rising

I am so sorry to hear about your friend's massive stroke. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for this info. I do my own form of 'aqua therapy' and found this very interesting. Hope it will help someone find a source of relief.

Shay

St George 2013 09-22-2016 10:25 AM

Hey Bio :)

Very interesting article.....thank you.

When I open my pool next year I may have a pool heater added but my SFN likes cool not warm water. It would allow me to take the 'chill' off the water.

A pool heater would allow me to use the pool earlier and later each year in West Georgia.

Debi in Georgia

CRPSbe 09-22-2016 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioBased (Post 1224515)
This past Friday a dear friend suffered a massive stroke made that much worse, because she wasn't found for six hours. Today, due to certain signs, it appears that she may survive this. Great news, but what is ahead is likely to be difficult with grueling months of rehab, so I have been researching, specifically the benefits of Aqua PT.

I am so sorry to hear about your friend! :(

Wishing you guys lots of strength to be able to get through this!

Littlepaw 09-23-2016 05:54 PM

BB,

I hope your friend recovers well. Small gains will build over time. I'm sending wishes for strength for the journey and peace in the days ahead.

Grief is not uncommon when faced with a major medical change and physical loss as we know. If you see that your friend is suffering or not motivated to participate in therapy, speak up. Addressing low mood just may make a difference in the healing process.

Thanks for the article. I found it interesting and in agreement with much that I've noticed during my own aqua therapy. Back in the beginning, when all I could do was swish around in the pool with a buoyancy belt on, I noticed that my skin always looked more normally colored when I got out. The circulatory benefits were definitely apparent.